collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by dave shelley
[Today at 09:33:06 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:19:21 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:15:25 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Takeover  (Read 12053 times)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Villa Takeover
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2018, 12:59:14 PM »
I think i'd rather go bust than have him anywhere near owning the club.
Any particular reason? Yes I know of his boat , nice house etc
Because he's a monumental bellend with a hugely over inflated sense of self importance?

Besides, I'm not too keen on the idea of #SittingwithHoward.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2018, 01:12:09 PM »
I think we should no longer be allowed to talk in millions like it isn't real money. In future, a base sum of £12m will be used and is a new denomination called a McCormack. Therefore, an investment of 3.3 McCormacks is being sought.

Craptocurrency?

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2018, 01:47:23 PM »
If recent history is any guide then expect the sale to be confirmed in 2020.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2018, 01:50:43 PM »
I think we should no longer be allowed to talk in millions like it isn't real money. In future, a base sum of £12m will be used and is a new denomination called a McCormack. Therefore, an investment of 3.3 McCormacks is being sought.

Ha ha, brilliant!

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2018, 03:26:35 PM »
If recent history is any guide then expect the sale to be confirmed in 2020.

Indeed. If recent history is any guide we've only got 997 pages on this thread to go before it's official.

Offline johnny from donny

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2018, 09:26:01 PM »
I think i'd rather go bust than have him anywhere near owning the club.
Any particular reason? Yes I know of his boat , nice house etc
Because he's a monumental bellend with a hugely over inflated sense of self importance?

Don't hold back mate, tell us what you really think.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2018, 10:45:17 PM »
Howard Hodgson makes Ellis look humble. Howards I prefer include Jones, Keel and Stableford.

If Howard Jones takes over will he 'Lift Me Up' and tell us 'Things Can Only Get Better'. Would he 'like to get to know us well' or like Randy and Dr Tony will it be a case of 'Hide And Seek', 'Soon You'll Go' and 'No One Is To Blame'?

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2018, 11:21:40 PM »
Birmingham Mail running a ripped badge story today making it sound like a takeover is pretty much inevitable. 

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2018, 07:09:17 AM »
good, the sooner the better

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2018, 07:36:43 AM »
ROBBO greetings.  Just picked up on your racehorse owning analogy.  99.9% percent true that all expenditure is lost but there are examples of great success and profit built on shrewdness and depth of knowledge.  The Tatling was bought for 11,000 guineas out of a claiming race and went on to become the champion sprinter in Europe.  There are many other examples of brain trumping wealth.  The whole of the mighty Coolmore juggernaut goes back to Northern Champion being bought for a song in Canada.

Football clubs can be successful on a budget and not haemorrhage money but it requires intelligence and financial discipline light years higher than we have displayed for a long time, if ever.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2018, 08:35:36 AM »
Running a successful football club these days is mainly financial, with a fairly low percentage technical. The financial side should be a big mathematical equation of cost v revenue, with each component having a weighting.

To make a very successful club is where people come into it. It's the manipulation of the weights but maintaining the balance is where the skill comes in. A talented commercial team can increase revenue.  A talented youth management team can spot and develop young players to a level far higher than their cost weighting.  A first team manager can make a £10m player add more to the rest of the team and thus increase their value compared with their cost weighting. Similarly, a good manager will spot a player that he could enhance the value of.

Many clubs have lost sight of the financial balance and only concentrate on certain section of the club, sailing on hopefully with the rest.  They are in effect gambling.  Some fans think it is just about getting one rich owner after another and draining them of money. As with anything in life, you have to make the best use if money (unless you have an unlimited supply if money.

Running a football club these days is complex and you have manage the finances from top to bottom by having a sound strategy and a talented team to manage the best use of the income available.  Business modelling should be no different in football clubs than any other industries, it's just the components that are different.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2018, 08:42:56 AM »
having run a small business for years I can say that its the same for any business . Controlling costs and cash flow is critical to success.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2018, 08:54:29 AM »
good, the sooner the better

Not necessarily, depends on who the buyer is. We could get the next Sheikh Mansour or the next George Reynolds.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2018, 11:08:33 AM »
so what - could they be any  worse than Randy and Tone?

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2018, 11:31:05 AM »
so what - could they be any  worse than Randy and Tone?

Look across town to Small Heath to get your answer to that one. The hairdresser/money launderer trumps anything we have managed.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal