collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New Away Ticket Scheme  (Read 15226 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: New Away Ticket Scheme
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2018, 10:47:56 PM »
That's fucking stupid. There's never any trouble with us and Albion. And again, Celtic will have about 8,000 at Ibrox. Why are our police so much more pathetic than their Strathclyde equivalent?

The club should be taking our side and loudly condemning any such restriction.

It's not the police. The clubs decide on allocations.

In that case, please can this be raised next time our fan representatives meet the Board. Our club shouldn't be disadvantaging our own fans.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2018, 11:06:41 PM »
That's fucking stupid. There's never any trouble with us and Albion. And again, Celtic will have about 8,000 at Ibrox. Why are our police so much more pathetic than their Strathclyde equivalent?

The club should be taking our side and loudly condemning any such restriction.

It's not the police. The clubs decide on allocations.

In that case, please can this be raised next time our fan representatives meet the Board. Our club shouldn't be disadvantaging our own fans.

The answer will be that both clubs get the legal allocation. If we want more from them, they'll want more from us. 

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #92 on: August 21, 2018, 11:13:55 PM »
Absolutely. Seems entirely correct.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2018, 06:58:20 AM »
There has been a letter from Lynne O'Reardon, Head of Ticketing Operations about the scheme.

It essentially states that the away scheme is meant for people.who go to the majority of games and was not meant for getting tickets to the Sty or the Stripey Filth and not going anywhere else.

They're going to consult with the away fans consultation group and add additional categories for these fixtures.

I assume there's a couple hundred in the away scheme who they have noticed haven't been to Hull, Ipswich, Sheffield or bought for Blackburn and Bristol yet.

Offline VillaLoyal

« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2018, 08:54:15 PM »
There has been a letter from Lynne O'Reardon, Head of Ticketing Operations about the scheme.

It essentially states that the away scheme is meant for people.who go to the majority of games and was not meant for getting tickets to the Sty or the Stripey Filth and not going anywhere else.

They're going to consult with the away fans consultation group and add additional categories for these fixtures.

I assume there's a couple hundred in the away scheme who they have noticed haven't been to Hull, Ipswich, Sheffield or bought for Blackburn and Bristol yet.

If it is not in the terms and conditions I don't know if they could turn around and say to those bods who are away members "your only hear for Blues and Albion" and rescind the membership  :-X

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2018, 10:02:01 PM »
It's discretionary though isn't it, as the issue of any ticket is, so I presume there is scope to change it.

It seems that as we're tipping 4k for Blackburn that maybe the message has been delivered.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2018, 10:04:05 AM »
It does say in the initial terms and conditions that use of the scheme will be monitored for misuse, although it also states there is no minimum number of games.

I don’t think they are going to throw you off the scheme, but I do think that if you haven’t used it, or have hardly used it before trying to get tickets for The Hawthorns you may come unstuck.

For me this will be interesting. By then I’ll have been to probably 3 away matches - I am genuinely curious as to where this will leave me. I would have been to more, but part of the reason I have ended up ‘not eligible’ for away tickets under the previous system is that there are so many in midweek - so very quickly after we got relegated, I wasn’t in the top 2000 or so away supporters. I’m just not in the kind of job where I can keep nipping off at lunchtime on a Tuesday. Also - Bristol & QPR were on the list and both got moved to a Friday.

For ‘key games’ are they fully reverting to those who have been away the most, or will there be a balance between the 2 criteria? This could obviously depend on the allocation and how the numbers of full-time away supporters and away scheme supporters add up - clearly there is also some overlap between the 2. It’s going to be interesting to see whether those of us who have done a ‘handful’ of aways are written off alongside those who haven’t bothered at all yet.

I can’t argue with priority for those who have done the most games. I just joined because it seemed to basically work for someone like me that just wants to go to about 6-10 away games - so I’m interested to see how it unfolds and how they balance it as it rolls out.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #97 on: September 14, 2018, 10:10:25 AM »
It does say in the initial terms and conditions that use of the scheme will be monitored for misuse, although it also states there is no minimum number of games.

I don’t think they are going to throw you off the scheme, but I do think that if you haven’t used it, or have hardly used it before trying to get tickets for The Hawthorns you may come unstuck.

For me this will be interesting. By then I’ll have been to probably 3 away matches - I am genuinely curious as to where this will leave me. I would have been to more, but part of the reason I have ended up ‘not eligible’ for away tickets under the previous system is that there are so many in midweek - so very quickly after we got relegated, I wasn’t in the top 2000 or so away supporters. I’m just not in the kind of job where I can keep nipping off at lunchtime on a Tuesday. Also - Bristol & QPR were on the list and both got moved to a Friday.

For ‘key games’ are they fully reverting to those who have been away the most, or will there be a balance between the 2 criteria? This could obviously depend on the allocation and how the numbers of full-time away supporters and away scheme supporters add up - clearly there is also some overlap between the 2. It’s going to be interesting to see whether those of us who have done a ‘handful’ of aways are written off alongside those who haven’t bothered at all yet.

I can’t argue with priority for those who have done the most games. I just joined because it seemed to basically work for someone like me that just wants to go to about 6-10 away games - so I’m interested to see how it unfolds and how they balance it as it rolls out.

Me and my lad are in the same boat, have done Sheffield and booked Millwall, maybe QPR as he will be on half term, and we will go to Derby. Joined as I missed out on some away I would have done, looking to do about 10 away this season. Totally understand though if you go more you should get first shout. Selfish point of view hope I can get to Albion

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal