collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New Away Ticket Scheme  (Read 15218 times)

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
Re: New Away Ticket Scheme
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2018, 07:32:27 PM »
They only get low single digit numbers of tickets. The Gloucestershire branch can't just phone Villa Park and ask for 200, for example.

Appreciate this reply. Can i ask do those in the branch have to be season ticket holders in order to obtain away tickets or do they just get them for being in any supporters club ?
In the past you could be a member of a Lions Club without being a ST holder, but you did need a Fan ID. This can't have changed because hardly any of the members of the many overseas Lions Clubs have season tickets. There are usually 200 tickets reserved for the Lions Clubs for away fixtures and your chairman can apply for up to 6, or 4 if we get only a limited allocation, e.g. at a small ground like Burton. The chairman has to ring up during the dedicated booking window and hope he gets through before all the 200 tickets have gone. You sometimes find that the whole allocation goes in just a few minutes, as with Millwall last season, when many chairmen didn't get through.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2018, 11:15:27 AM »

appreciate that Frank. all explained now. thanks

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2018, 09:08:32 AM »
Villa have now closed the scheme to any entants or to anyone who has  yet to renew.  I would need some convincing that they sold 500 new joners on a Monday morning.

Again possibly lack of transparancy from the club in ifficult times.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2018, 12:27:19 PM »
Its closed because we've sold out.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2018, 05:41:10 PM »
Villa have now closed the scheme to any entants or to anyone who has  yet to renew.  I would need some convincing that they sold 500 new joners on a Monday morning.

Again possibly lack of transparancy from the club in ifficult times.

It’s sold out, there’s no conspiracy.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2018, 08:03:19 AM »
I did all aways last season. And every.away bar one the season before. And I did 15 aways the year we got relegated. Prior to that i've done at least 12.aways every season.

Im not buying into the scheme. And i'll probably miss out on a Blues ticket to a new member with no previous history.
What a joke!!!

Offline Ads

« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2018, 08:39:46 AM »
Then you should have bought into the scheme.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2018, 08:42:02 AM »
But given his past booking history, he shouldn't have to.

Offline Ads

« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2018, 08:44:53 AM »
They've changed the rules, so you either move with it in order to comply or run the risk of missing out.

Online Clampy

« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2018, 08:49:41 AM »
I know. It still doesn't make it right though.

Offline Ads

« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2018, 08:55:18 AM »
I would imagine the scheme has been filled by regular away followers anyway.

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2018, 09:25:43 AM »
I think the short notice of this compounded it because it didn't allow time for the regular away fans to get angry and then get over it.

Adding a £40 charge for fans who have always qualified on loyalty alone is definitely something they should be pissed off about, but I think if it'd been announced at the end of last season, with the same application date, more might have just reached the point where they resigned themselves to it and just bought in. It's sad that there seems to be a fair few that refused to pay it on principle, and will now be missing out on some big games.

The truth is, football has been ripping us off left right and centre for years, and this is just one more thing. It's annoying when a ticket for Liverpool away is over £50 - but these are fans that have always found that money for the other ways football rips us off, but then only had a short window to come to terms with this latest nonsense.

I bought in, and if it's any help - I wan't go to Blues.

Online Clampy

« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2018, 09:32:00 AM »
That's more or less it Amfy. The old scheme worked well, people were happy with it and it gave people with a decent booking history chance of a ticket. That history could possibly be worthless now just because they wanted £40 extra off people.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2018, 10:38:06 AM »
It's a rip off. I haven't bought into it. I consider the main advantage of getting a season ticket is that it gives me a chance of getting tickets for away games. If I find that I can no longer get to the ones I want, because of some unfair surcharge, then I'll get rid of my season ticket next year and pick and choose my games. They'll lose far more than the forty pieces of silver they've gained from this Small Heathean stunt.

Offline Ads

« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2018, 12:02:04 PM »
Not really, as we've sold out,so it's justified in bits own economics.

Anyway, only £40 for the plastics *winky*.

I don't like the new scheme. I used to like paying for convenience, but ultimately I want to go to every away game and this is the means of doing so. I imagine the other 1199 have the intention of doing as many aways as possible too.

There's only likely to be Small Heath, Brentford and Forest with small allocations that this will affect anyway.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal