collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fan Ownership  (Read 7343 times)

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
Re: Fan Ownership
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2018, 10:40:09 AM »
Makes some extremely good and valid points. Think it was filmed in the early hours which is why SVC was in bed.
It was rambling and soporific, and it sent me to bed within two minutes. Fucking drone, drone...

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2018, 11:23:12 AM »
Hodgson and Collymore touting themselves to run it no doubt.

No thanks.

But isn't the point that credible executives are appointed in a sort of elected dictatorship for a defined period of time, voted in by the members/shareholders at various intervals. A sort of Mick Crow, rather than a HH busybody scenario?

Depends who'd stand, would be a lottery. Hard to control etc.

The Ebbsfleet United example worked well!

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2018, 11:35:09 AM »
I would contribute if it was viable.  Someone, somewhere needs to make a stand against this kind of mis-management - we all moan about it, so why not try?

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2018, 11:42:05 AM »
Because it would be a massive clusterfuck that's why.  We just need a fucking decent, hard headed, savvy, businessman surrounded by experienced football people FFS.  He doesn't even need to be a billionaire if he knows what he's doing. Instead we get Lerner, the dumbest Billionaire in history followed by this fucking chancer.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2018, 02:33:01 PM »
When Ellis was around it was said 34% was too much for one man and we needed fan ownership. A billionaire rolled up and those who shouted loudest for the Barcelona model then demanded he be given total control.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2018, 02:44:00 PM »
Surely even a small % of fan ownership is better than fuck all?  At least then there's more chance of transparency?  This last week has really proved that owners can do what the fuck they like whilst they string their 'customers' along like fools.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2018, 03:02:34 PM »
Surely even a small % of fan ownership is better than fuck all?  At least then there's more chance of transparency?  This last week has really proved that owners can do what the fuck they like whilst they string their 'customers' along like fools.

We had that when we were a PLC but giving total control to Lerner was the only way forward, apparently.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2018, 03:09:15 PM »
I would contribute if it was viable.  Someone, somewhere needs to make a stand against this kind of mis-management - we all moan about it, so why not try?

Agree - I would 100% throw myself in also

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2018, 03:11:40 PM »

We had that when we were a PLC but giving total control to Lerner was the only way forward, apparently.
I've still got my single, token Villa share. I refused to return it when Lerner took over and I had it framed. Pointless but it felt symbolic at the time.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2018, 03:24:36 PM »
I am in.

Online Exeter 77

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2018, 03:48:17 PM »
Would that mean an annual public grilling of the chairman by a relatively minor shareholder like the days when Buck Chinn used to give Doug a really hard time?

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2018, 03:48:51 PM »
Is Ian Taylor still an official ambassador of the club? We could really do with reaching out with people like him if we are SERIOUS about proposing this

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2018, 04:51:46 PM »

One of the issues I see Dave with this model is lets say 20% of the club is owned by fans; given Xia was pumping x million in every month to keep the club afloat it's difficult to see the supporters who own the club pumping in 20% every month.

(I understand that's not the only aspect and facet of fan ownership but given the current issues is a pertinent one)

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2018, 05:00:28 PM »
collymore is worth £35 million .   Thats a good start to throw in.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2018, 05:45:10 PM »
Makes some extremely good and valid points. Think it was filmed in the early hours which is why SVC was in bed.
It was rambling and soporific, and it sent me to bed within two minutes. Fucking drone, drone...
Hahaha! Pop the video in your Youtube Library playlist folder and mark it Insomnia  ;-) As we lurch from one crisis to another, passed from one supposed billionaire to another, at least you'll have something to help you sleep.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 05:48:11 PM by Diablo »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal