collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is it time for Premier League Division 2  (Read 3920 times)

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
Is it time for Premier League Division 2
« on: June 06, 2018, 03:33:59 PM »
Feck the football league and stupid FFP rules and small TV budget. Time for Aston Villa and other 22 clubs say we want better terms for us.

I don't see why the fans should suffer from unfair rules.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
Re: Is it time for Premier League Division 2
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 03:42:56 PM »
I don't care any more. Football is shot and it's no fun watching your club get worse and worse and worse for a decade.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 05:06:10 PM »
When you see the likes of Ronaldo demanding £1.35 m a week you know it's time to look for a new hobby or sport to watch
Look at the wasters we have at our club - it's no wonder we are going belly up
I am not currently earning and when I read of people picking up £30k per week for not even playing it makes me physically sick
I hope we turn things around however I fear we may be the first of many clubs to go to the wall chasing the Premier dream
It really hurts

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 05:07:55 PM »
Presumably this was posted in the heat of the moment, but there's nothing particularly unfair about what is happening, it would appear to be entirely of our own making.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 05:32:14 PM »
Doesn't matter what you call it, it will still be division 2 and still have limited appeal to sponsors, TV companies etc as not many outside of the fans of the clubs in it will give much of a toss about it.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 05:35:34 PM »
It already exists

8th and down in the existing prem

Offline Madferret62

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 10:32:16 AM »
In a bout of smug pomposity, I’d like to say that you reap what you sow. When the greedy club owners grabbed the Sky cash in their unseemly haste to fuel their greed and cast off the rest of the football league to become founders of the “Premier” league, the seeds were sown.

Where was the chest beating and wailing about equality and financial fair playback then? Where were the people shouting about the need for owners to be fit and proper persons. When fans became “customers” the writing was on the wall. Parachute payments reward failure and along with the eye watering amounts of TV and sponsorship monies have helped to fuel inflation across all the leagues.

This situation stinks of another Leeds, Portsmouth, Bolton, Blues, Blackburn etc. It is a national disgrace that football has been allowed to be hijacked by big business.

The mantra should now by NOT MY CLUB with demands for proper controls being introduced for ALL clubs.

Offline avfcpg

• http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2018, 10:38:08 AM »
I don't care any more. Football is shot and it's no fun watching your club get worse and worse and worse for a decade.
This..can't remember the last time I watched MOTD..have zero interest in the prem when we aren't in it..can barely muster any interest watching England too...

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2018, 10:40:29 AM »
This..can't remember the last time I watched MOTD..have zero interest in the prem when we aren't in it..can barely muster any interest watching England too...
Me too.  I'm very close to walking away.  I've had no enjoyment at all and everything that has happened the last 2 days sums up why I increasing hate football.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2018, 10:44:36 AM »
Me too.  I'm very close to walking away.  I've had no enjoyment at all and everything that has happened the last 2 days sums up why I increasing hate football.
My wife made me laugh. One of her clients said "What does your Daz think of the Champions League result". She told him "He doesn't give a shit about any football that doesn't concern the Villa"

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2018, 11:00:18 AM »
Rather than the Premier League division 2, Wouldnt it be great to be the pioneers of the New Football League Division 1. Break away from the greed and filth of modern football.

Give every club a squad wage cap equivalent to 10k per player with squads capped at 25players, standard 2 year rolling contracts extended at the end of each season with wages diminishing for the second season if player/club dont agree to extend it. No transfer fees, agent fees paid by the player if he chooses to have one. match ticket prices reduced accordingly and capped. TV rights could be bought by the BBC as they could afford it again - Rules set for 10 years apart from wage cap rising in line with inflation.

It may only attract players of current FL1/2 level but modern football is going to eat itself eventually. We would still get 38k through the door every week

Offline avfcpg

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2018, 11:02:53 AM »
It'll never happen but Football needs to follow the NFL with salary caps for each division and even transfer caps.
So all teams get a maximum per season they can spend on salaries for the listed squad. Divide it how you like but assemble your squad on the same budgets, bring the kids through and thus improve the National side in the process.

At the moment it's pretty much...
Throw money in to win the Prem
Throw money to get Champions League
Throw Money to stay in the Prem
Throw Money to get up to the Prem...

We aren't the first to suffer, we won't be the last. The top 6 are getting further and further detached from "the rest"

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2018, 11:11:38 AM »
would be nice though wouldnt it? We invented the football league once before dont forget....

Offline avfcpg

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2018, 11:16:34 AM »
would be nice though wouldnt it? We invented the football league once before dont forget....

Spooky posting that as I was typing...yea would be nice...money has taken over though. It stopped being about the fans years ago...watch Man City spend big and get even further away this year.. I hope they do to show what a farce it's all become.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2018, 11:57:26 AM »
It already exists

8th and down in the existing prem

This.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal