collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:14:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by dicedlam
[Today at 09:14:03 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 08:57:00 AM]

Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 08:56:31 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:14:08 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by dicedlam
[Today at 09:14:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Tony Daleys Shorts
[Today at 08:57:07 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 08:57:00 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 08:56:31 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 08:53:52 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Pete3206
[Today at 08:51:36 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 08:47:18 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Pre-season fixtures 2018/19  (Read 12005 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Pre-season fixtures 2018/19
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2018, 10:27:19 PM »
I'd go if they could be arsed to play anywhere that they don't play all the time. But they're not arsed so I don't see why I should be.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2018, 10:30:46 PM »
I think it's nice to help out a local club by adding a few quid to their coffers. So many thanks to Telford, Walsall and the inbreds at Kiddy for playing us.

Offline Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2018, 10:43:32 PM »
Not sure how we can play 2 fixtures simultaneously with only 2 strikers available ? Unless McCormack is going to turn up at one of them.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2018, 11:24:28 PM »
I think it's nice to help out a local club by adding a few quid to their coffers. So many thanks to Telford, Walsall and the inbreds at Kiddy for playing us.

I don't disagree, but don't think it needs to be the same grounds every year. There are plenty of non-League clubs round here we could play.

Or maybe play a club at the seaside, seeing as how we never get to play one in the League (and when we do it's at a ground with a tiny allocation or shifted to a sodding night game after I've used up all my leave).

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2018, 11:35:45 PM »

I don't disagree, but don't think it needs to be the same grounds every year. There are plenty of non-League clubs round here we could play.

Or maybe play a club at the seaside, seeing as how we never get to play one in the League (and when we do it's at a ground with a tiny allocation or shifted to a sodding night game after I've used up all my leave).

One of the big problems is the massive gap in standards in local football. Walsall are the only League One club (I'm guessing Coventry would think playing us to be more trouble than it's worth with regards to police costs). After them there's nobody new at a decent standard except Solihull, which is a horrible ground, and Tamworth, where we sometimes send a team.

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2018, 08:56:13 AM »
I'm in Dresden with clients and will be back with Villa in a fortnight. Dresden, brilliantly rebuilt after the bombing, is an example to Villa of how an institution can be reborn after devastation.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2018, 10:32:55 AM »
One of the big problems is the massive gap in standards in local football. Walsall are the only League One club (I'm guessing Coventry would think playing us to be more trouble than it's worth with regards to police costs). After them there's nobody new at a decent standard except Solihull, which is a horrible ground, and Tamworth, where we sometimes send a team.

Do the games have to be quite so local ? How about Northampton or 'Nam. Only around an hour from Brum

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2018, 01:07:37 PM »
Kiddy is £12 and Telford is £8 this saturday, both pay on the day.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2018, 02:45:17 PM »

Do the games have to be quite so local ? How about Northampton or 'Nam. Only around an hour from Brum

Or Notts County, Vale, Oxford even. Plenty of grounds not too far that we don't play at all the time.

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2018, 10:54:09 PM »
Kiddy or Telford?

Both more or less equidistant in terms travel time for me. Anyone got any thoughts?
Presume we can pay in at both on the gate. Any past history on which is the nearest to a "first team game" or is it just pot luck?

At the moment Kiddy is shading it because I'll be able to fit in a pint of Bathams at the Swan In Chaddesley Corbett on the way.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2018, 08:30:44 AM »

Or Notts County, Vale, Oxford even. Plenty of grounds not too far that we don't play at all the time.

In fairness we did play at Shrewsbury last year but yes, otherwise I do agree.

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2018, 09:44:33 AM »
Kiddy or Telford?

Both more or less equidistant in terms travel time for me. Anyone got any thoughts?
Presume we can pay in at both on the gate. Any past history on which is the nearest to a "first team game" or is it just pot luck?

At the moment Kiddy is shading it because I'll be able to fit in a pint of Bathams at the Swan In Chaddesley Corbett on the way.

Good choice.....Swan i'm referring to!!!
Enjoy

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2018, 10:01:56 AM »

In fairness we did play at Shrewsbury last year

Indeed. And an excellent day out was had by all. Apart from the result, but I never really care about those in friendlies.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2018, 10:18:05 AM »
Kiddy or Telford?

Kiddy has much the better pubs within strolling distance of the train station and the ground, and it has food on a totally different level to almost any club in the country.
Plus it's a nicer ground than the plastic thing that Telford replaced their lovely old ground with. Kiddy might be moving soon as well, to a plastic thing out in the country somewhere.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2018, 10:25:52 AM »
Kiddy or Telford?

Kiddy has much the better pubs within strolling distance of the train station and the ground, and it has food on a totally different level to almost any club in the country.
Plus it's a nicer ground than the plastic thing that Telford replaced their lovely old ground with. Kiddy might be moving soon as well, to a plastic thing out in the country somewhere.

You're selling it quite well to be honest.  Might make the effort.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal