collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

Re: FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by LeeB
[Today at 11:20:10 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 11:13:40 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Nev
[Today at 11:12:18 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony’s Statement.  (Read 320687 times)

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
Re: Tony’s Statement.
« Reply #1845 on: July 19, 2018, 09:31:33 AM »
I would expect the reason no one has left yet is purely because the players are assets, and will be classed as such by any accountant dealing with our sale.  As soon as we have been sold, then we'll see the exodus begin. 

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #1846 on: July 19, 2018, 11:00:34 AM »
I think you're right but it'll depend who buys us and depend on the FFP situation as to what exactly happens. I wouldn't take anything as a certainty, even Grealish going.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1847 on: July 19, 2018, 11:28:06 AM »
I know Bruce can do no right in some people's eyes and I'm now of the opinion he's not the right man but suggesting the development of Robertson is purely down to Liverpool is incredibly myopic and the reluctance to give him any credit in the improvement shown by Jack too.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1848 on: July 19, 2018, 12:12:37 PM »
i couldn't care less who he's bought in the past and if he did or not develop them

i'm more concerned with the 23.9 million (+ the Taylor the free gift) he has spent on a lot of players on big wages and wonder whether they will earn there corn next season in getting out of this league
There's no bigger indictment of Bruces scattergun approach to squad building than Scott Hogan. 9 million quid (I think) on a player previously pretty successful at finding the net  with apparently not a single thought put into how he would integrate into the team. I wouldn't allow him to spend a penny more in the transfer market. A moot point I know right now but you get my drift?

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #1849 on: July 19, 2018, 12:15:02 PM »
Bruce can very possibly take some credit for the maturing of Jack Grealish but against that has to be set the stalling of the careers of Green, Davis, Hepburn-Murphy, Suliman and O'Hare.  I do not hold the view that Bruce can do nothing right only that it is too little.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1850 on: July 19, 2018, 12:17:54 PM »
How do you consider he's stifled their careers?

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #1851 on: July 19, 2018, 12:22:06 PM »
I would expect the reason no one has left yet is purely because the players are assets, and will be classed as such by any accountant dealing with our sale.  As soon as we have been sold, then we'll see the exodus begin. 

Cash is an asset too, with the added advantage that it can't pick up a career-ending (and therefore value-destroying) injury in the next training session.

The only reason player sales might not be happening because of a sale process going on would be because the people involved in the sale of the club just don't have the time to negotiate a player sale too.

Failing that, if we got a decent offer for any of our players they'd be sold, club sale or not.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #1852 on: July 19, 2018, 12:30:32 PM »
I know Bruce can do no right in some people's eyes and I'm now of the opinion he's not the right man but suggesting the development of Robertson is purely down to Liverpool is incredibly myopic and the reluctance to give him any credit in the improvement shown by Jack too.

To balance it out, the same people probably will give Bruce all the credit for developing Grealish into the player he's transformed into this last 2 years i'm sure

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1853 on: July 19, 2018, 12:36:11 PM »
Not everything Bruce has done is wrong, and of course there have been high points over the last two seasons, especially the last one.  He brought in players like Terry, Snodgrass and Grabban, and sorted Jack out so that he now looks like a potential world beater.  However, it was a shit or bust approach with few lasting benefits, and overall his standard of football and tactics, which most people thought wouldn't be good enough, weren't good enough.  Half time at Wembley for the play off final was the most dejected I've felt about football in a long time.  It was clear as day that Bruce had got everything wrong that day and we weren't going up, and were probably bollocksed as a result.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #1854 on: July 19, 2018, 12:41:41 PM »
Not everything Bruce has done is wrong, and of course there have been high points over the last two seasons, especially the last one.  He brought in players like Terry, Snodgrass and Grabban, and sorted Jack out so that he now looks like a potential world beater.  However, it was a shit or bust approach with few lasting benefits, and overall his standard of football and tactics, which most people thought wouldn't be good enough, weren't good enough.  Half time at Wembley for the play off final was the most dejected I've felt about football in a long time.  It was clear as day that Bruce had got everything wrong that day and we weren't going up, and were probably bollocksed as a result.

Beaten by a better team. Happens.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #1855 on: July 19, 2018, 12:42:58 PM »
It is HMRC time again and not only do we have to pay the usual monthly tax / NI payment by tomorrow - we also have to pay the annul payment of Class 1a payment which for Villa my be quite an amount due (Company cars / Private medical payments etc...)

If none of our players get sold - how do we afford the £40 million that we need?? - administration surely would be the only option??

With regards to any sale of the club don't these usually get announced that we are in negotiation to sell, I cannot remember that being mentioned by the club. And if Dr Tony companies are on the Chinese stock exchange, would it not have to be announced on there.

For me any sale of the club is weeks away, as no one is going to buy without doing a proper audit of the clubs finances.

Offline DBTW

• http://fansunite.17.forumer.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1856 on: July 19, 2018, 12:46:14 PM »
It is HMRC time again and not only do we have to pay the usual monthly tax / NI payment by tomorrow - we also have to pay the annul payment of Class 1a payment which for Villa my be quite an amount due (Company cars / Private medical payments etc...)

If none of our players get sold - how do we afford the £40 million that we need?? - administration surely would be the only option??

With regards to any sale of the club don't these usually get announced that we are in negotiation to sell, I cannot remember that being mentioned by the club. And if Dr Tony companies are on the Chinese stock exchange, would it not have to be announced on there.

For me any sale of the club is weeks away, as no one is going to buy without doing a proper audit of the clubs finances.

How do we know this hasn't already been done?

Simon Jordan on Talksport, for example, advising he was part of something trying to 'do something' with regards to the club. Surely they would have access to everything before saying that?

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1857 on: July 19, 2018, 12:48:16 PM »

Cash is an asset too, with the added advantage that it can't pick up a career-ending (and therefore value-destroying) injury in the next training session.

The only reason player sales might not be happening because of a sale process going on would be because the people involved in the sale of the club just don't have the time to negotiate a player sale too.

Failing that, if we got a decent offer for any of our players they'd be sold, club sale or not.
It’s not unusual if a sale is in advanced stage ( heads of terms) that both parties agree that no significant financial transactions would be undertaken within a given time frame.

Online wozwebs

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #1858 on: July 19, 2018, 12:57:17 PM »
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-owner-tony-xia-14927992

Thatcherlover on Twitter saying ’Villa are saved’ has been on ball before.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #1859 on: July 19, 2018, 01:02:01 PM »
That sounds positive. What would be really positive is that we don’t have to sell Jack or Chester.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal