collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony’s Statement.  (Read 320734 times)

Offline four fornicholl

Re: Tony’s Statement.
« Reply #1740 on: July 17, 2018, 06:49:23 PM »
I struggle to keep occasionally, but where did all that parachute payment money go?

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #1741 on: July 17, 2018, 06:53:28 PM »
If you think Pontins Brean Sands and Prestatyn are bad you should have a dekko at Pontins Pakefield.  Illegal immigrants pay extra not to be dropped there.

Offline davidb

« Reply #1742 on: July 17, 2018, 06:53:53 PM »
I struggle to keep occasionally, but where did all that parachute payment money go?
our wage bill 2016/7 was 60m so mainly on that

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #1743 on: July 17, 2018, 07:06:09 PM »

Does anybody with even the vaguest of ITK links think we'll honestly get taken over this summer ?

I'm praying so but i refuse to let myself get too excited

Yes.

Confidence level?

Extreme.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1744 on: July 17, 2018, 07:08:16 PM »
Sounds promising, saying that the way things have gone down over the last few years it’ll probably be Sascha Gaydamak.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #1745 on: July 17, 2018, 07:09:55 PM »
Sounds promising, saying that the way things have gone down over the last few years it’ll probably be Sascha Gaydamak.

It's me. Xia swapped it for my caravan in Burnham.

Offline PaulWinch again

« Reply #1746 on: July 17, 2018, 07:10:41 PM »
You were done!

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #1747 on: July 17, 2018, 07:46:04 PM »

It's me. Xia swapped it for my caravan in Burnham.

I'm suspicious.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/ex-owner-of-doncaster-rovers-jailed-for-arson-plot-1078635.html

Online GarTomas

« Reply #1748 on: July 17, 2018, 08:21:29 PM »

Does anybody with even the vaguest of ITK links think we'll honestly get taken over this summer ?

Yes.

Confidence level?

Extreme.

Not too doubt you as you're normally bang on the money but I recall you saying that Bruce resigned earlier this summer!  Was it rejected??

Offline shipscat

• I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
« Reply #1749 on: July 17, 2018, 08:22:02 PM »
Am I the only person thinking that Simon Jordan's unusual twitter silence is a sign of something possibly happening?  And I don't mean his phone is broken.

Either that or he’s on holiday.  Brean Sands Pontins would be my guess.

I popped in there last year for a quick look round for the first time in years. It was horrendous.

It is, he'd be mad to go there. He'll have gone to the one at Prestatyn.

I was there last weekend....With the delights of the England game followed by the Vamps(Daughters christmas present)...The horror on every level.

The Vamps actually didn't deserve the grimness of the whole site...I know how Putin spent his formulative summer months now.

As for Dr Tone.... Imagine a scenario where Jack( and his family) call him out and inform him how much they enjoy Solihull and the surrounding areas...and they're quite content to see his contract out!

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #1750 on: July 17, 2018, 08:48:49 PM »

Yes.

Confidence level?

Extreme.

Not too doubt you as you're normally bang on the money but I recall you saying that Bruce resigned earlier this summer!  Was it rejected??

Eh? Bruce has never resigned or even tried to. I was pretty confident his arse was going to be shown the door rapidly post Wembley defeat until our finances started to resemble Enron.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #1751 on: July 17, 2018, 08:50:26 PM »
Also, don't get excited about a sale. It won't be to a philanthropic zillionaire if that is what people are hoping for.

Offline PaulWinch again

« Reply #1752 on: July 17, 2018, 08:55:49 PM »
It’s all relative. Anybody with some competence would be a step up at the moment.

Online GarTomas

« Reply #1753 on: July 17, 2018, 08:58:38 PM »

Yes.

Confidence level?

Extreme.

Eh? Bruce has never resigned or even tried to. I was pretty confident his arse was going to be shown the door rapidly post Wembley defeat until our finances started to resemble Enron.

Yes.

Confidence level?

Extreme.

Apologies Chelten, it wasn't you who claimed that towards the end of May in the Bruce Out thread.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1754 on: July 17, 2018, 09:02:07 PM »
I standby my terminology as I feel I was fooled into thinking Lerner was in it for the long term and that he also had substantial business acumen  - he seemed a " nice guy" but was easily parted with his money by those more financially astute - ergo Mrs Lerner
If your assertion is accurate and he became bored with it all it kind of mirrors his commitment and experience at the Browns .
Maybe he was naive and trusted in the wrong guys - I think Krulak was a friend of his father's' and he therefore trusted his loyalty to the family. I agree some of his deeds at the Villa were positive, as were his charitable donations to several worthwhile causes - he was pseudo reclusive so we never got to hear his voice much - if at all. Shame it didn't work as it started so promising - I still cherish the free scarf as well as a Villa/Browns half and half scarf - even though I'm a Dolphins fan :)

I don't think Lerner had any business acumen or good judgement when it came to key appointments. He was clearly very well educated and had a law degree but I think the business brain of the family was his late father.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal