collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 02:01:05 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 02:00:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:59:07 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by WassallVillain
[Today at 01:54:03 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:50:22 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 01:43:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:30:57 PM]

Re: Aston Villa Leisure Centre by Pete3206
[Today at 01:30:43 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony’s Statement.  (Read 320709 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Tony’s Statement.
« Reply #1710 on: July 17, 2018, 11:41:30 AM »
Lest we forget the final act of the Lerner regime was to sell to Dr Tony, what a parting gift that was.

Oh for competent owners who have some cash.
I dread to think who was advising Lerner at that time - probably Donald Trump !!

Hollis?  Mervyn King?

The thing is, FOSUN were obviously floating around the West Midlands looking for a club, too, and I find it hard to believe they wouldn't have been looking at us too?  The decision to go with Tony (a guy with no credible backstory and links to people like the discredited Samuelson) as opposed to all other potential suitors is baffling.  I'd love to hear Mervyn King's take on it all.

Mervyn King was long gone by then.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #1711 on: July 17, 2018, 12:00:21 PM »
From a very reliable 3rd party, who actually spoke to him about it, I have heard King’s take on Xia but there’s absolute no chance of getting away with posting it on here.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1712 on: July 17, 2018, 12:12:46 PM »
From a very reliable 3rd party, who actually spoke to him about it, I have heard King’s take on Xia but there’s absolute no chance of getting away with posting it on here.

PM? :-)

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #1713 on: July 17, 2018, 12:14:28 PM »
I would be interested to know just what questions are raised when looking to establish if a prospective buyer fulfils the "fit and proper person" criteria

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1714 on: July 17, 2018, 12:26:53 PM »
There was another Xia interested in the club before Fake Tone.  A lawyer from Hong Kong who came to work with our group on the IOM had introduced him to Bank of America, but nothing came of it.  Might be a very common Chinese name for all I know.

Offline Risso

« Reply #1715 on: July 17, 2018, 12:27:55 PM »
I would be interested to know just what questions are raised when looking to establish if a prospective buyer fulfils the "fit and proper person" criteria

I would imagine that there's not much more to it than some sort of solvency test, and no outstanding war crimes tribunals at The Hague.

Offline johnc

• GM : 15.02.2025
« Reply #1716 on: July 17, 2018, 12:57:10 PM »

I would imagine that there's not much more to it than some sort of solvency test, and no outstanding war crimes tribunals at The Hague.
I don't think they set the bar that high. Honestly, give a dog a bad name....

Online Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #1717 on: July 17, 2018, 01:01:03 PM »
The E&S are reporting that a takeover could happen as early as this week.

Offline mike

« Reply #1718 on: July 17, 2018, 01:02:33 PM »
I hope you paraphrased the 'who will be in the fucking squad yet' for the poor little chap??

;D

I did but it’s getting harder not to just let loose with a torrent of abuse and foul language every time the club is mentioned. I told him that some of the England players used to play for Villa and that Gareth Southgate was a Villa player so he said, ‘did we used to be good then, dad?’ ‘Yes, son.’ Long pause, ‘was it a LONG time ago... was it the Middle Ages.’  Out of the mouths of babes and sucklings.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #1719 on: July 17, 2018, 01:26:03 PM »
I thought at the time his and Berstein's swift departures may have been something to do with Randy's choice of successor, but then we heard the stories about him insulting them when pissed.  I wonder if that was the start of the conversation though?  Guess we'll never know.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #1720 on: July 17, 2018, 01:30:34 PM »
I thought at the time his and Berstein's swift departures may have been something to do with Randy's choice of successor, but then we heard the stories about him insulting them when pissed.  I wonder if that was the start of the conversation though?  Guess we'll never know.

It probably went something like:
King : Randy, I really don't think we should be selling up to this Xia guy, he's a complete charlatan.
Randy : (slurring) Fuck you ass hole, I'll shlell to whoever has got the money, baaaarp. Who the fuck are you anyway?

And the rest is history

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #1721 on: July 17, 2018, 01:36:46 PM »

Does anybody with even the vaguest of ITK links think we'll honestly get taken over this summer ?

I'm praying so but i refuse to let myself get too excited

Offline Risso

« Reply #1722 on: July 17, 2018, 01:41:17 PM »

Does anybody with even the vaguest of ITK links think we'll honestly get taken over this summer ?

I'm praying so but i refuse to let myself get too excited

The club is being heavily pushed for sale.  It's almost a case of having to, to be honest, as the alternatives don't really bear thinking about.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1723 on: July 17, 2018, 01:45:36 PM »
I thought Dr Death didn't want to sell?

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1724 on: July 17, 2018, 01:59:53 PM »
PM? I Won't share further....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal