collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:08:44 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:23:42 AM]

International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 12:01:20 AM]

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Pat McMahon
[March 18, 2024, 11:47:36 PM]

Games Moved for TV by Percy McCarthy
[March 18, 2024, 11:00:20 PM]

Press-ing on by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle
[March 18, 2024, 10:48:26 PM]

Luton A by purpletrousers
[March 18, 2024, 10:24:29 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:08:44 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:23:42 AM]

Re: FFP by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:10:34 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:38:48 AM]

Re: International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 12:01:20 AM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Pat McMahon
[March 18, 2024, 11:47:36 PM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by olaftab
[March 18, 2024, 11:36:32 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony’s Statement.  (Read 320176 times)

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
Re: Tony’s Statement.
« Reply #1665 on: July 16, 2018, 09:48:23 AM »
The situation is not exaggerated, unfortunately.

We have a problem with FFP but much more serious than that, Xia does not have the wealth to keep the club running.
That is evident from his statement - he is looking for investment, which he admitted has nothing to do with FFP.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #1666 on: July 16, 2018, 10:00:56 AM »
Stokes offer for Chester will be the start of many derisory offers for our players, no one is going to offer market value when our manager has already stated that we do not expect market value, because we are in the shit. Top class that Brucie.

The low bids would have come in whether Bruce had said anything or not. Everyone in football knows we need the money, it wasn't exactly a closely guarded secret.

The important, and encouraging, thing, is that it was knocked back.

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #1667 on: July 16, 2018, 11:55:38 AM »
Stokes offer for Chester will be the start of many derisory offers for our players, no one is going to offer market value when our manager has already stated that we do not expect market value, because we are in the shit. Top class that Brucie.

The low bids would have come in whether Bruce had said anything or not. Everyone in football knows we need the money, it wasn't exactly a closely guarded secret.

The important, and encouraging, thing, is that it was knocked back.

Yes, but for how long?

I fully expect to see below market value being offered for our players with the inclusion of add ons being paid for one thing or another.

We will definately get shafted on price unless there are more than a couple of clubs interested in any one player.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #1668 on: July 16, 2018, 12:00:29 PM »
Xia does not have the wealth to keep the club running.

He shouldn't need to. Isn't that the whole point of FFP in the first place ?

Clubs shouldn't need extra non generated cash pumping into them to pay the bills

Hence the right old mess we're in

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #1669 on: July 16, 2018, 12:22:24 PM »

Clubs shouldn't need extra non generated cash pumping into them to pay the bills

I don't disagree but that's the reality of it.
I'm hoping he sells up.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #1670 on: July 16, 2018, 12:45:59 PM »

Not so.  FFP limits the losses to several million a year so we could be entirely compliant with FFP and still need investment to keep the lights on.

As it turns out though we're well on the path to being non-compliant with FFP so money is needed from somewhere or we'll definitely run out.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1671 on: July 16, 2018, 01:14:19 PM »
I think the situation gets exaggerated in the media .there is an FFP situation granted but way over the top
Also the squad is highly impressive so it's just getting the play right and recognise we likely to now go with out Johnstone  ,snoddy ,JT and Grealish and Chester . Maybe Jedinak and Kodija.

So several loans and deals needed but also replace from within.

I think have enough to be competitive .And teams and squads who struggle recently shown they can survive and get promoted . Look at Bolton they got promotion 16/17 and were in a mess still are yet stayed up and they were struggling off the pitch.

Coventry achieved promotion too 17/18 so just because team struggle financially doesn't mean  there is no hope as we have a  villa squad who is capable and competitive just need to concentrate on football side of things
If only this was the case, we have no idea what the squad will look like by the time they have sold all the players they can make a profit on and to keep the lights on.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #1672 on: July 16, 2018, 01:24:27 PM »
I would have more faith in a decimated senior squad being fleshed out with youth / academy players if I had faith in the Manager and coaching team to get them to actually play.

Older, experienced players using dinosaur tactics might see you through if you are lucky but younger raw talent with dinosaur tactics is a recipe for disaster.

God I hope I am proved wrong

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1673 on: July 16, 2018, 02:15:49 PM »
Do we actually have a pitch to play on yet?

Offline mike

« Reply #1674 on: July 16, 2018, 02:37:30 PM »
I think the situation gets exaggerated in the media .there is an FFP situation granted but way over the top
Also the squad is highly impressive so it's just getting the play right and recognise we likely to now go with out Johnstone  ,snoddy ,JT and Grealish and Chester . Maybe Jedinak and Kodija.

So several loans and deals needed but also replace from within.

I think have enough to be competitive .And teams and squads who struggle recently shown they can survive and get promoted . Look at Bolton they got promotion 16/17 and were in a mess still are yet stayed up and they were struggling off the pitch.

Coventry achieved promotion too 17/18 so just because team struggle financially doesn't mean  there is no hope as we have a  villa squad who is capable and competitive just need to concentrate on football side of things
If only this was the case, we have no idea what the squad will look like by the time they have sold all the players they can make a profit on and to keep the lights on.

My lad asked me who will be our captain this season. He's 7 and I had to tell him we don't know who will be in the fucking squad yet. After the world cup, its only personal loyalty to me that keeps him on the straight and narrow.

Offline preston28

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #1675 on: July 16, 2018, 02:39:47 PM »
I hope you paraphrased the 'who will be in the fucking squad yet' for the poor little chap??

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #1676 on: July 16, 2018, 04:23:27 PM »
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/revealed-how-aston-villas-cash-14915250

BirminghamLive understands that the American group who wanted to invest in the club set out strict guidelines to Xia when they submitted a formal offer last month.

One of those was to set a fixed price tag of £40m on Grealish to act as a disincentive to sell.

They also wanted that money to be used as working capital if he did leave, but Xia rejected the approach.

Despite having takeover plans in place, too, it’s now unlikely that particular group will return.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1677 on: July 16, 2018, 04:31:54 PM »
I hope you paraphrased the 'who will be in the fucking squad yet' for the poor little chap??

;D

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #1678 on: July 16, 2018, 04:58:58 PM »
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/revealed-how-aston-villas-cash-14915250

BirminghamLive understands that the American group who wanted to invest in the club set out strict guidelines to Xia when they submitted a formal offer last month.

One of those was to set a fixed price tag of £40m on Grealish to act as a disincentive to sell.

They also wanted that money to be used as working capital if he did leave, but Xia rejected the approach.

Despite having takeover plans in place, too, it’s now unlikely that particular group will return.

A lot of that article (including this bit) is re-hashes of stuff they put out early-mid late last week which I mentioned on here.  The really are scraping round trying to make new headlines out of re-hashed article, and almost seem to be willing us to sell everyone!!

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #1679 on: July 16, 2018, 05:06:42 PM »

Just what is Xia hanging on for?? If he takes us any further towards the financial abyss he will come out with nothing.
I fail to believe he is waiting for the right buyer for the club ....we have certainly been hoodwinked by Lerner and  now Xia. There needs to be revolutionary change in the way the club is run -the money that has been squandered is scandalous. Furthermore we need a progressive manager pretty sharpish as for me Bruce has clearly had his day.....let's hope the right person or consortium is out there and that the current owner sells up - some investigative journalism from the Birmingham Mail would be a change - to ascertain just why Xia is over here and has he shown his face at B6

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal