collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony’s Statement.  (Read 320714 times)

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
Re: Tony’s Statement.
« Reply #1650 on: July 14, 2018, 09:45:10 PM »
Absolutely true.
Same goes for managerial appointments.

so if we appoint a manager, get a new owner, sign a player that we don't think is any good, a shyster or just plain old rubbish it's best not to mention it at the time in case it turns out to be true

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #1651 on: July 14, 2018, 10:00:27 PM »
Maybe he’s realised the only way to get money out of China is to bring it with him in a suitcase!

And yes Chicago, that would be a positive. Keep our fingers crossed eh?  If we had to sell them it would be great to get top dollar so we CAN replace some of them. Doubt it though.
Yes mate, most likely, but if we can bring in one or two to keep us competitive, that at least is a positive.
What about holding on to our better players, that would be positive.

Sounds great, but we're basically screwed by FFP according to our "expert" financial savvy bods on the board. Next months VAT and PAYE needs to be paid from player sales. A shocking mess is the reality...

I thought we’d established we are in breach of or will be in breach of FFP rules unless we sell, ideally, a home grown player for profit. I think it’s logical that any money from a sale would go into the clubs coffers and used to pay the on going costs of the business. Where else does the money come from?

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #1652 on: July 15, 2018, 07:20:12 AM »
Stokes offer for Chester will be the start of many derisory offers for our players, no one is going to offer market value when our manager has already stated that we do not expect market value, because we are in the shit. Top class that Brucie.

The same with the Davis rumour, if we had to sell him it has to be for cash, no good swapping for the other guy, who is probably on more per month than Davis anyhow.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1653 on: July 15, 2018, 08:34:31 AM »
Oh goody, our chancer of an owner is here, what’s he doing this week, remortgaging another car park?

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1654 on: July 15, 2018, 08:45:18 AM »
Bruce saying we are in the shit is meaningless in terms of Stoke's bid for Chester - everyone knew we were in the shit long before that which in itself, would result in derisory offers for players.

Offline tony scott

• GM : 31.05.2020
« Reply #1655 on: July 15, 2018, 08:47:42 AM »
I know this is a false hope, but I wouldlike to think  his first  task would be to find a solution to the problems ,and their cost to the club of M Richards and R McCormack, if the both have serious personal issues these have to resolved. Fingers crossed

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1656 on: July 15, 2018, 09:13:41 AM »
Bruce saying we are in the shit is meaningless in terms of Stoke's bid for Chester - everyone knew we were in the shit long before that which in itself, would result in derisory offers for players.

Offers that have been rebuffed.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #1657 on: July 15, 2018, 09:20:03 AM »
Oh goody, our chancer of an owner is here, what’s he doing this week, remortgaging another car park?

I’ve just seen him playing roulette in Billy Hill’s

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1658 on: July 15, 2018, 09:42:12 AM »
Stokes offer for Chester will be the start of many derisory offers for our players, no one is going to offer market value when our manager has already stated that we do not expect market value, because we are in the shit. Top class that Brucie.

The low bids would have come in whether Bruce had said anything or not. Everyone in football knows we need the money, it wasn't exactly a closely guarded secret.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1659 on: July 15, 2018, 10:36:25 AM »
Alan Nixon running a story on Villa today?  Anyone seen it?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1660 on: July 15, 2018, 10:53:39 AM »
Alan Nixon running a story on Villa today?  Anyone seen it?

The only thing I’ve seen is Nixon’s Twitter where he says Bruce is turning to his old mate Stan Ternent for cheap players. Not sure what this means as Ternent doesn’t seem to have a job at the moment. Cheapo scout I guess.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #1661 on: July 15, 2018, 06:02:11 PM »
Is Mandaric assisting a British consortium with Simon Jordan involved ? - Hence Xia in the UK?

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #1662 on: July 15, 2018, 06:31:31 PM »

Seems as though MM has come out and said he's not in a position to be involved with a takeover himself but he has been asked to help by a consortium who are interested

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1663 on: July 16, 2018, 08:39:25 AM »
MM...I thought you meant MysteryMan, the poster with insider info for a sec.

If more than one club want Chester, Grealish etc. the price will be driven up as they seek to outbid each other so it might not be too bad in terms of the final fees that they are eventually sold for.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #1664 on: July 16, 2018, 09:20:34 AM »
I think the situation gets exaggerated in the media .there is an FFP situation granted but way over the top
Also the squad is highly impressive so it's just getting the play right and recognise we likely to now go with out Johnstone  ,snoddy ,JT and Grealish and Chester . Maybe Jedinak and Kodija.

So several loans and deals needed but also replace from within.

I think have enough to be competitive .And teams and squads who struggle recently shown they can survive and get promoted . Look at Bolton they got promotion 16/17 and were in a mess still are yet stayed up and they were struggling off the pitch.

Coventry achieved promotion too 17/18 so just because team struggle financially doesn't mean  there is no hope as we have a  villa squad who is capable and competitive just need to concentrate on football side of things
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 09:23:02 AM by footyskillz »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal