collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony’s Statement.  (Read 320838 times)

Offline Damo70

Re: Tony’s Statement.
« Reply #1590 on: July 11, 2018, 11:58:53 PM »
I'm thinking we should call him Xia Xia Binks such is his effectiveness.

Do you mean Jar Jar Binks? If so, if so unfortunately there appears to be no money in the jar jar or in the binks (sorry, banks). ;)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1591 on: July 12, 2018, 06:47:53 AM »
How many seconds do you think it would take any corporate advisor or Investment Banker to tell him to fuck off if he came up with the idea of raising £30 to £ 40 million for a minority interest.
So we can take this part of the story as total horse shit.
Then you have to take into account everything else that has been said.

You're saying he's made it up? That there was no investment offer batted away?

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #1592 on: July 12, 2018, 09:09:36 AM »
I think there was offers but probably the conditions placed on the investment were not to his liking.
The way things are going administration can't be far off.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1593 on: July 12, 2018, 12:42:41 PM »

You're hilarious!

Thanks sweetie.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #1594 on: July 12, 2018, 12:52:48 PM »

You're hilarious!

I used to work with a woman that looked like Jar Jar Binks, she really did it was uncanny. Now that was hilarious.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1595 on: July 12, 2018, 02:12:13 PM »
How many seconds do you think it would take any corporate advisor or Investment Banker to tell him to fuck off if he came up with the idea of raising £30 to £ 40 million for a minority interest.

I think his statement said there was an offer but they did not know where the money was coming from( sort of ironic).
I am suggesting that raising 10 s of millions for a minority stake in Aston Villa is fanciful in the extreme.
There are situations where minority holdings are taken under these circumstances with caveats leading to changes in controll or ownership.
But a minority position without controll ? unless of course it’s some sort of ( related party transaction) see above.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 02:14:59 PM by ChicagoLion »

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1596 on: July 12, 2018, 03:26:09 PM »
There's potentially a case for minority investment if they feel they will get their money back. i.e. promotion. Someone who is a pure investor may just feel it's worth a shot, with a view that promotion would double their investment.

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #1597 on: July 12, 2018, 04:08:02 PM »
There's potentially a case for minority investment if they feel they will get their money back. i.e. promotion. Someone who is a pure investor may just feel it's worth a shot, with a view that promotion would double their investment.
If they fancy that sort of gamble we were 7:1  to be promoted so they’d get seven times back.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1598 on: July 12, 2018, 04:22:21 PM »
If they fancy that sort of gamble we were 7:1  to be promoted so they’d get seven times back.
Exactly, there are investments and gambles.
Any one putting up that sort of money would have a strategic objective, and it’s pretty difficult to work out how that is accommodated as a minority shareholder.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #1599 on: July 12, 2018, 04:33:43 PM »
Any one putting up that sort of money would have a strategic objective, and it’s pretty difficult to work out how that is accommodated as a minority shareholder.

If we’re successful they make money, if not and we are sold they are well placed to buy out the rest of the club or they sell their shares to the next buyer. It seems unlikely but not as far fetched as some of you seem to think.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #1600 on: July 12, 2018, 06:16:28 PM »

I think we would need to employ a decent CEO at this point to sell that investment opportunity to someone .I can't see why anyone with millions of pounds to invest would trust anything Xia would say

Offline Ads

« Reply #1601 on: July 12, 2018, 06:55:18 PM »

I think his statement said there was an offer but they did not know where the money was coming from( sort of ironic).
I am suggesting that raising 10 s of millions for a minority stake in Aston Villa is fanciful in the extreme.
There are situations where minority holdings are taken under these circumstances with caveats leading to changes in controll or ownership.
But a minority position without controll ? unless of course it’s some sort of ( related party transaction) see above.

I'm confused by your position. There was an offer of investment which makes the notion of minority investment fanciful?

There's a difference between ownership and control of a company as well.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1602 on: July 12, 2018, 08:33:34 PM »

I'm confused by your position. There was an offer of investment which makes the notion of minority investment fanciful?

There's a difference between ownership and control of a company as well.
Nothing confusing at all and I think I know the difference between ownership and controll.
Which is why I used the word “ or”.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1603 on: July 12, 2018, 08:48:19 PM »

If we’re successful they make money, if not and we are sold they are well placed to buy out the rest of the club or they sell their shares to the next buyer. It seems unlikely but not as far fetched as some of you seem to think.
As I said, buying a minority stake with the possibility of taking a majority or controlling position is possible, the chances that someone will chuck 30 million+ Without that would be pretty unusual.

Offline Ads

« Reply #1604 on: July 12, 2018, 10:06:08 PM »
How do you reconcile the position then? Somebody offered circa 30%, this is a minority stake, yet you state this is fanciful. I asked if you meant he was making it up and you said no. So I remain confused by what you mean.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal