collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony’s Statement.  (Read 320793 times)

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: Tony’s Statement.
« Reply #795 on: June 13, 2018, 08:10:00 PM »
When are the useless cowards that run this great club going to update the fans with a proper statement?? Pathetic!

What do you want them to say though?  For me the only statement they need to make is on the manager, but only if they've made a decision.

There's seriously nothing else that you would like to know Paul?  I find that very surprising as I'd like to put them under the microscope.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #796 on: June 13, 2018, 08:10:36 PM »
When are the useless cowards that run this great club going to update the fans with a proper statement?? Pathetic!

What do you want them to say though?  For me the only statement they need to make is on the manager, but only if they've made a decision.

There's seriously nothing else that you would like to know Paul?  I find that very surprising as I'd like to put them under the microscope.

I'd like to put them under the fucking sea.

Offline Villafirst

Re: Tony’s Statement.8
« Reply #797 on: June 13, 2018, 08:12:40 PM »

What about the state of the finances, players for sale, next tax payment due soon, will players be paid at the end of the month.....Shall I go on?

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #798 on: June 13, 2018, 08:14:12 PM »
I would expect them to say that the Financial position of the club has been stabilized.
I can’t think why they haven’t announced this.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #799 on: June 13, 2018, 08:14:32 PM »

Well, the club has been portrayed as going through a massive financial crisis.
It has been reported that we have missed paying a tax bill and face being wound up.
Our CEO or whatever his title is, has been sacked.
Our best player is courted by all and sundry.

Rather than conduct business through a few cryptic lines on social media or a couple of 2 line statements on the official site, don’t you think the owner of the club owes it to the fans to give a proper statement about the situation t(e club is in and more to the point, what is being done to rectify the situation and give us some positivity fior the coming season.

If we are all ‘part if the pride’ how about treating us as such, or is that only when it suits?

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #800 on: June 13, 2018, 08:14:56 PM »

...and additionally, I'm unlikely to believe a word of any statement anyway.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #801 on: June 13, 2018, 08:26:48 PM »
I have to agree, I have zero interest in seeing a statement from the circus running the club, because I wouldn’t trust or believe a word of it. Talk is very cheap.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #802 on: June 13, 2018, 08:35:25 PM »
But, if they put something out that explains the situation and shows that they believe they know what they are doing to get us back on track then that would be a start.

If people chose not to believe what was said, then that’s their prerogative.

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #803 on: June 14, 2018, 12:47:03 PM »
The problem with sharing a plan may be the ability of others to undermine it as soon as they see it.

Sometimes it is best to try and keep things quiet. Everyone already thinks they can sign our best players for peanuts - what else do we want to tell them?

What we know is that there is a mess they're trying to clear up - I honestly don't know what more they can say. They are currently gradually creating an aura of it being solvable, which can only be good for us, & a detailed staement could derail that in any number of ways.

Right now the not knowing is hard, but I would rather they shut up and get on with it.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #804 on: June 14, 2018, 12:50:35 PM »
The problem with sharing a plan may be the ability of others to undermine it as soon as they see it.

Sometimes it is best to try and keep things quiet. Everyone already thinks they can sign our best players for peanuts - what else do we want to tell them?

What we know is that there is a mess they're trying to clear up - I honestly don't know what more they can say. They are currently gradually creating an aura of it being solvable, which can only be good for us, & a detailed staement could derail that in any number of ways.

Right now the not knowing is hard, but I would rather they shut up and get on with it.

Yep, this is what i was getting at yesterday, The only thing I want them to announce is something about Bruce.  If he's staying then they need to come out and say as much and if he's going it needs to happen soon.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #805 on: June 14, 2018, 01:03:07 PM »
You can guarantee if they published some sort of plan the immediate responses on here would include posts along the lines of “don’t tell me, show me”.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #806 on: June 14, 2018, 01:07:56 PM »
I don't see the point in making a statement on Bruce's future. As we speak, he's our manager. If anything changes, we'll know about it.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #807 on: June 14, 2018, 01:13:36 PM »
Have those filings to Companies House from last week about potential new investment been made available yet?

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #808 on: June 14, 2018, 01:16:22 PM »
I don't see the point in making a statement on Bruce's future. As we speak, he's our manager. If anything changes, we'll know about it.

The owner came out with a statement after the final with comments such as sustainable future etc. which would give rise to fans' thoughts on cost cutting and a change in strategy. The main costs are related to players and the coaching/management team, so an update on the statement to clarify the positions should be expected to stop rumours, particularly after the financial issues last week.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #809 on: June 14, 2018, 01:21:21 PM »

The owner came out with a statement after the final with comments such as sustainable future etc. which would give rise to fans' thoughts on cost cutting and a change in strategy. The main costs are related to players and the coaching/management team, so an update on the statement to clarify the positions should be expected to stop rumours, particularly after the financial issues last week.

Some of the coaching team and players have gone anyway. If they're not making a change on the managerial front, then I don't see why they should come out and say it until the situation changes. Just my view anyway.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 01:23:55 PM by Clampy »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal