collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony’s Statement.  (Read 320839 times)

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
Re: Tony’s Statement.
« Reply #765 on: June 13, 2018, 06:05:04 AM »
Percy is speculating and painting as shit a picture as possible...I thought he liked us.

maybe he does but the picture is that shit

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #766 on: June 13, 2018, 07:08:04 AM »
the reality is probably Armageddon.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #767 on: June 13, 2018, 07:38:25 AM »
Good, least we can have a fight about it if it is. I'll follow us anywhere, but I'm not sure I'd fancy Syria away.

I think he's perpetuating the story the keep inches filled as people will lap up the doom, when in reality little new has emerged in a week.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #768 on: June 13, 2018, 07:43:55 AM »
Some good news!

Steve Bruce encouraged after receiving positive news on Aston Villa's playing budget

Matt Maher1 hour ago
Steve Bruce is ready to fight on at Villa after being informed of his playing budget for next season.

The 57-year-old is understood to have received positive assurances on the troubled club’s future direction after board members held crunch talks on Tuesday.

Bruce was not present at the meeting, chaired by chief commercial officer Luke Organ, but was later informed of the surprisingly bright outlook by Steve Round, the club’s technical director.

Though the budget is reduced from last season, the cuts are not so severe as feared and both Bruce and Round are now more confident of being able to build a team that can be competitive in the Championship next term.

Some sources have even suggested Villa, who have been suffering from an acute cash crisis, are ready to fight to keep star man Jack Grealish.

Despite this development, an element of uncertainty still surrounds Bruce’s position, chiefly due to owner Tony Xia’s failure to give the manager any public backing.

Bruce had been linked with the vacant managerial job at Leeds, now set to be filled by Marcelo Bielsa. There were even reports he could walk away from the club should his budget be slashed too sharply. That scenario, at least, now seems unlikely.

News of Tuesday’s positive meeting came just a week after Villa’s very future was plunged into doubt due to a cash crisis that saw them threatened with a winding-up order by HMRC.

There remain many unanswered questions about Xia’s ability to effectively fund Villa, though sources have suggested the owner has enough resources to see the club through the next few weeks.

Yet it has emerged EFL chief executive Shaun Harvey will meet with club officials next week, in order to establish their future plans.

Keeping his promise on the playing budget will depend on Xia engineering a more dependable cashflow from China than in recent months. It has been claimed the owner, who is eager to remain in control of the club, has been seeking outside investment.

Villa have, meanwhile, vowed to defend themselves against any legal action brought by former chief executive Keith Wyness.

The 60-year-old is understood to be suing for constructive dismissal, an action which could cost Villa more than Ł6million.

In a statement formally confirming Wyness’s exit, Villa stated they will be “happy to defend” legal proceedings if called on to do so.

Wyness was initially suspended last week, on the same day news of the missed tax payment emerged. It is understood he and Xia had clashed over the best way to deal with Villa's financial issues.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #769 on: June 13, 2018, 08:14:35 AM »
That's some good news and, by the sound if it, there might be a bit if cash available. Now use some of it and get rid of the manager.

Offline Ads

« Reply #770 on: June 13, 2018, 08:15:09 AM »
Because this time we will get it right...

Offline wozwebs

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #771 on: June 13, 2018, 08:18:38 AM »
Shame we all didn’t pay attention to this article from 2016

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/4k06t8/the_new_owner_of_aston_villa_dr_tony_xia_is_an/

I searched this person ("Dr. Tony Xia", real name Xia Jiantong 夏建统) a bit. Be ware, he seems to be a known fraud. He claims to be a Harvard PhD and even "professor", and used that to obtain a lot of funding for his company. But actually he just obtained Master's degree there. His PhD career is on a permanent leave. He also claimed to be hired into a world-class company as vice president early in his career, which is nonsense (he registered the company himself). Also he's known to cheat and lie a lot to everybody around him, e.g. constantly betraying his ex wife who "cut relation with parents, had 4 abortions, and worked illegally when still a student" to support his Master's career, promising great compensations for people he hired and never fulfilling them etc. Detailed information(widely reported circa 2009) is available at http://www.xys.org/dajia/xiajt.html, for anybody who can read Chinese.

Watch out Villa fans. Although somebody who bluffs a lot is not necessarily bad businessman, this guy seems to have some fundamental moral issues and God knows what he's going to do with Villa.

Offline Ads

« Reply #772 on: June 13, 2018, 08:20:25 AM »
You not seen Dave's sticky?

« Reply #773 on: June 13, 2018, 08:20:47 AM »
If there was a law of probability, yes.

In the real world, you develop a wide strategic plan for the club and the manager is only part of it. When you think like that, you are well down the path of identifying and selecting the right manager.

Offline wozwebs

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #774 on: June 13, 2018, 08:23:12 AM »
You not seen Dave's sticky?

Missed it, sorry. First time I’ve seen this one.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #775 on: June 13, 2018, 08:59:29 AM »
Percy is speculating and painting as shit a picture as possible...I thought he liked us.

He's not, he's doing his job, which is going to involve telling us things we don't like to hear from time to time.

He's also extremely credible as a source. If this story were from the likes of James Nursey or Alan Nixon, it'd be different, but it isn't, it's from someone who consistently gets Villa stories right.

« Reply #776 on: June 13, 2018, 09:18:01 AM »
According to construction press, "O'Brien (a groundworks contractor) has started work with Aston Villa Football Club to relocate parts of their training ground to make way for HS2"

I will try and link in to the story later. Basically, they are moving 9 natural pitches and one 3G.

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #777 on: June 13, 2018, 12:34:23 PM »
So Bruce has had guarantees, well that's the Villa sorted, Xia has problems managing the finances by the sound of it week to week, so if Bruce is daft enough to believe what he has been presented on a excel spread sheet, that is probably based on Xia praying to whatever God he believes in that the fairy god mother is gonna turn up at the end of the garden and give him enough dough/ funds to go with his 
(a) Can't get it out of China old pal
(b) Just a temporary blip as I've lost me bank book Guv.
(c) I havn't got a pot to piss in, but I've meet the future King of England.

We are not only owned by a looks more likely everyday charlatan but managed by a moron.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #778 on: June 13, 2018, 01:18:26 PM »
At least we haven’t built a stand half a mile away from the pitch...

Fkn hell Villa- get your shit together!

Tony- front up, or fk off.

Offline Ads

« Reply #779 on: June 13, 2018, 01:20:40 PM »
What statement do we need now?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal