collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony’s Statement.  (Read 322678 times)

Offline Clark W Griswold

Re: Tony’s Statement.
« Reply #510 on: June 07, 2018, 12:28:50 PM »
If he's sorted the immediate shit and decided to sell, fair play to him. At least he's not keeping us dangling for 5-6 years like that fuckwit Lerner, the real reason why we're in this state in the first place. Xia has had a go and it's not worked although we were close.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #511 on: June 07, 2018, 12:34:25 PM »
Aston Villa Football Club can confirm that an agreement has been reached with HMRC and the club will continue to fulfil its obligations.
The club can also announce that there are no insolvency practitioners or administration advisors working with the club.
Owner and Chairman Dr Tony Xia would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank supporters during this difficult and unsettling time and reassure them plans are now being put in place to move the club forward.

Just appeared on the website
So, our football club is not currently being declared insolvent or going into administration.

All’s fucking good then, isn’t it !     

(That’s Sarcasm by the way)

Online Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #512 on: June 07, 2018, 12:36:55 PM »
Aston Villa Football Club can confirm that an agreement has been reached with HMRC and the club will continue to fulfil its obligations.
The club can also announce that there are no insolvency practitioners or administration advisors working with the club.
Owner and Chairman Dr Tony Xia would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank supporters during this difficult and unsettling time and reassure them plans are now being put in place to move the club forward.

Delusional.
Potential sale?

Sales don't happen overnight, we've a tax bill outstanding still with payment due next week and then there's the next salary run and associated PAYE, where's the magic money tree suddenly come from?

What have we been using for the last couple of years then?

It's run out mate, we're overdrawn at the TSB and our cheque book has been confiscated.

Offline ZhongYi

• "The left side (of the Holte)"
« Reply #513 on: June 07, 2018, 12:37:58 PM »
what that means is he has probably borrowed money from other people in China.

that is how people do business over here. it is probably how he bought the club in the first place.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #514 on: June 07, 2018, 12:38:25 PM »
I couldn’t give a toss how much he’s ‘hurting.’

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #515 on: June 07, 2018, 12:41:14 PM »

Delusional.
Potential sale?

Sales don't happen overnight, we've a tax bill outstanding still with payment due next week and then there's the next salary run and associated PAYE, where's the magic money tree suddenly come from?

What have we been using for the last couple of years then?

To be fair Drummond it's being reported that he's had difficulties getting money out of China for nearly a year, its bit particularly hard lately. Probably the reason he's selling if that's his intention. It's not to say that he won't get something through in between though, if it continues to be more 'intermittent' than stopped for good. Or failing that we'll raise the money through transfers I would imagine, doesn't take that long for those to go through, or maybe this car park that's been mentioned.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #516 on: June 07, 2018, 12:43:50 PM »
If he has sorted out the HMRC debtband is he’ll bent on keeping control, now watch the players being sold to pay the money back.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #517 on: June 07, 2018, 12:51:19 PM »
If he has sorted out the HMRC debtband is he’ll bent on keeping control, now watch the players being sold to pay the money back.

Or the other possibility is that he would consider it to be career endingly bad for the club to go bust so he'll make sure that doesn't happen and then get out while he can, unwilling to gamble on a football club any further.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #518 on: June 07, 2018, 12:52:56 PM »

Precisely.
The loans he has just taken need repaying, as well as the normal bills and the next tax bill.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #519 on: June 07, 2018, 12:57:53 PM »

Or the other possibility is that he would consider it to be career endingly bad for the club to go bust so he'll make sure that doesn't happen and then get out while he can, unwilling to gamble on a football club any further.
I sincerely hope this is the case. That he is keeping it afloat for a sale and the sale happens quickly.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
« Reply #520 on: June 07, 2018, 12:58:52 PM »
He can’t stay long term. His credibility is completely shot.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #521 on: June 07, 2018, 01:06:30 PM »

First thing I thought. What an ego-maniacal little prick.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
« Reply #522 on: June 07, 2018, 01:06:45 PM »
I must have missed the part where he apologised to the fans for landing OUR club in this mess.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #523 on: June 07, 2018, 01:07:54 PM »
I'm an old(ish) bugger and I hate being in this shit pot league with a passion, however i'd have put up with being in it for a couple of years if we'd basically ripped the club apart and started fresh and built for the long term future, main reason I wanted Bruce gone after the first season was because we still looked a disjointed mess a lot of the time, not because we finished mid-table.
Instead we repeated all the same mistakes of going short term by buying a number of overpriced players that will be hard to shift, building up an unsustainable wage bill and hired a manager that as we've seen built pretty much everything based on a one season push. So now the odds look good that we'll be stuck down here for a fair old while barring a miracle.

100% agree.

Online villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #524 on: June 07, 2018, 01:23:15 PM »

First thing I thought. What an ego-maniacal little prick.

Is it true he was in tears while on the conference call with the tax man?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal