collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by VillaTim
[Today at 12:20:12 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 12:01:31 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony’s Statement.  (Read 320699 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Tony’s Statement.
« Reply #195 on: June 02, 2018, 04:14:54 PM »
You can lose an average of £13m a year in this division, so it's always £39m over a 3 year period for us now until we either leave this division or there's a rule changes. However that's only if the owner injects £8m cash into the club each year. If he doesn't then it's a £5m a year loss, so then we could only lose £15m over 3 years.

The trouble is that accounting years don't match up to football seasons. The first accounts we posted while in this division in 16/17 surely included our last year in the prem and the prem-level wages. As we were not subject to FFP in that time our losses in terms of FFP should not have been the same as the loss in our accounts, right?

In fact, the 14M loss we posted in Feb 2018 was to y/e 31st March 2017. Meaning the one we posted the year before was for prem season only. So while under FFP we have only reported one loss of 14M. Is the speculation that our second lot of accounts under FFP, to y/e 31st March 2019, will be a lot worse? If not, what's the problem?

FFP is ongoing for everyone. So the PL season does count. I do agree that it's awkward as the account years and seasons don't match, but I believe they take the last 2 published accounts and then the club issues a forecast for the third season. And i'm assuming they'll batter a club that takes the piss and says "oh we'll only lose a million this year" and then when the accounts are published it's actually a £50m loss.

Offline frank black

« Reply #196 on: June 02, 2018, 04:17:25 PM »
Let's all get used to the fact that Dr tone hasn't got a pot to piss in . This club was bought for peanuts ffs even blues cost more .

Aaaaaaaaarrrrrggghhhhhhhh

FFP is restricting investment, it doesn’t make us ‘skint’. Xia bought the club for £57m (paid in cash), cleared £17m debt (in cash) and injected £49m cash into the club.

The 49 mil, was this money injected by Tony or was it parachute money. That’s where I stand on this, has he injected an extra 49 mil or has he just used what was available? I am not up to speed with world football much. PSG must have smashed FFP have they lost any points?

Offline frank black

« Reply #197 on: June 02, 2018, 04:19:25 PM »
Just read they got a £50 mil fine. Now that’s wealthy owners!!!

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #198 on: June 02, 2018, 04:21:09 PM »
I can't say I've researched it myself but I'm told that's what companies house records say he has personally injected

When ffp restricted our ability to buy big transfers, we went out and got a load  of short term players on premier league wages

I don't know how much more he's got to invest but I can't see any evidence that he's not doing as much as he is allowed to financially

Offline frank black

« Reply #199 on: June 02, 2018, 04:26:39 PM »
I suggest we take the PSG approach, sign a world star and self sponsor for multi millions. Claiming that the deals are financially commensurate because the player has put us on the world stage....

Unbelievable that they have got away with this. (So far)

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #200 on: June 02, 2018, 05:55:11 PM »
I don't think Dr. Xia has put much money in at all. Transfers have been funded mainly by Parachute payments. Now that is diminishing so is the owners interest. I just don't think he has the funds required. Hiding behind FFP. Time to sell up. He screwed it up with the appointment of RDM and wasted millions on mainly average players - Kodjia excepted.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #201 on: June 02, 2018, 05:58:23 PM »
Xia stated none of the parachute money had been used for transfers.

Offline frank black

« Reply #202 on: June 02, 2018, 06:04:48 PM »

Where is the parachute money then? It must have been used

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #203 on: June 02, 2018, 06:07:11 PM »

I believe the point of them is largely to cover the wages of PL contracts.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #204 on: June 02, 2018, 06:15:26 PM »
Where is the parachute money then?
It's still floating about in the clouds not weighty enough to make the parachute land.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #205 on: June 02, 2018, 06:24:06 PM »

I believe the point of them is largely to cover the wages of PL contracts.

Agreed. We came down with significant liabilities in contracts and I envisage a lot of it covered that.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #206 on: June 02, 2018, 06:40:54 PM »
I don't think Dr. Xia has put much money in at all. Transfers have been funded mainly by Parachute payments. Now that is diminishing so is the owners interest. I just don't think he has the funds required. Hiding behind FFP. Time to sell up. He screwed it up with the appointment of RDM and wasted millions on mainly average players - Kodjia excepted.

His company put £49m in according to the last accounts.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #207 on: June 02, 2018, 07:30:12 PM »

His company put £49m in according to the last accounts.

I think where it gets interesting is what he does now if he manages to raise money by selling.

Sell Grealish for 30m and he might want to extract that money to cover some of his investment now we've failed to get promoted.

That's what worries me, that 'I am a Villa fan but I am also a businessman' thing.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #208 on: June 02, 2018, 07:33:25 PM »

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal