collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony’s Statement.  (Read 323405 times)

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: Tony’s Statement.
« Reply #1695 on: July 16, 2018, 06:48:44 PM »
I think we were all romantically nourished when Randy first arrived.  Sadly, we were rather flaccid at the end.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1696 on: July 16, 2018, 06:49:55 PM »
Lest we forget the final act of the Lerner regime was to sell to Dr Tony, what a parting gift that was.

Oh for competent owners who have some cash.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #1697 on: July 16, 2018, 07:07:34 PM »
Lest we forget the final act of the Lerner regime was to sell to Dr Tony, what a parting gift that was.

I dread to think who was advising Lerner at that time - probably Donald Trump !!

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1698 on: July 16, 2018, 07:10:42 PM »
I think we can file the Mirror story as bollocks. £40m minimum or we won't buy the club? Right you are.

Not only that but it's £40m for working capital and £40m to put off potential suitors.  What kind of feckin financial astuteness is that?!

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1699 on: July 16, 2018, 07:27:32 PM »
Actually I don’t have a problem with a buyer insisting that a targets prime assets are not sold under value.
Maybe the investment strategy was to build a team around Grealish, ok the 40 mil may seem far fetched but the practice of making a contingent offer under these circumstances is not unusual.
There would have been a boat load of other terms as well, if the interest was real of course.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1700 on: July 16, 2018, 07:43:20 PM »
That sounds yabout fair.
Seconded..I'd like to add that Lerners dick is responsible for a lot of our problems!
Sorry Cheltenham. I cocked that up!

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1701 on: July 17, 2018, 12:19:12 AM »
Did Randy have an affair?

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #1702 on: July 17, 2018, 05:54:20 AM »
Actually I don’t have a problem with a buyer insisting that a targets prime assets are not sold under value.
Maybe the investment strategy was to build a team around Grealish, ok the 40 mil may seem far fetched but the practice of making a contingent offer under these circumstances is not unusual.
There would have been a boat load of other terms as well, if the interest was real of course.

There might well be a buyer out there but we still have to live within our means. I don't think we have any choice but to sell Jack just to keep the show running.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #1703 on: July 17, 2018, 07:03:42 AM »
Just sell our club, Jiantong.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 07:05:45 AM by AsTallAsLions »

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1704 on: July 17, 2018, 08:26:20 AM »
Administration is a real possibility imo unless he accepts its the end of the road for his ownership.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1705 on: July 17, 2018, 09:25:02 AM »

There was a fair bit of talk at the time about trusting Lerner to sell to a decent custodian of the club.  The truth was that he accepted money from the first chancer who coughed up the cash.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #1706 on: July 17, 2018, 09:36:03 AM »

There was a fair bit of talk at the time about trusting Lerner to sell to a decent custodian of the club.  The truth was that he accepted money from the first chancer who coughed up the cash.

I seem to remember there were 2 or 3 offers on the table (one of whom was supposedly that ultra rich American whose name I forget, the 8th richest bloke in the world or something like that) however Randy chose to sell to the Dr due to his impressive plans for VP and Aston.

You have to laugh or else you’d cry.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #1707 on: July 17, 2018, 09:37:50 AM »
Larry Ellison

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1708 on: July 17, 2018, 10:26:53 AM »

Yep.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #1709 on: July 17, 2018, 11:32:29 AM »

I dread to think who was advising Lerner at that time - probably Donald Trump !!

Hollis?  Mervyn King?

The thing is, FOSUN were obviously floating around the West Midlands looking for a club, too, and I find it hard to believe they wouldn't have been looking at us too?  The decision to go with Tony (a guy with no credible backstory and links to people like the discredited Samuelson) as opposed to all other potential suitors is baffling.  I'd love to hear Mervyn King's take on it all.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal