collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fulham fan wishing you the best for next season  (Read 5720 times)

Offline Londonfranky

• GM : 27.12.2021
Fulham fan wishing you the best for next season
« on: May 28, 2018, 11:57:08 AM »
My original post was about villa fans in our end on Saturday I didn’t see many. Now to the game, I thought the two managers set up there teams differently. I think Bruce set you up like it was the first game in two leg match. That gave us the initiative to go for from the start, you seemed a bit toothless even in the second half, I don’t think our goalkeeper had a meaningful save apart from Jack Grealish and that was straight at him. Jack Grealish seemed the only danger. I know he got roughed up a bit, I pretty sure that Cairney and Sessegnon would have got the same treatment if you could have got near them. We were lucky that Fredericks didn’t get sent off for the stamp, by the same token Grealish could have been sent off for his tackle on Cairney.  I think your be alright next season, your probably one of top ten clubs in England, the championship is hard league to get out off, if Grealish is one of your own he should stay and help you to get up.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Fulham fan wishing you the best for next season
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 11:59:31 AM »
Best of luck next season, you were better than us.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 11:59:37 AM »
About right.

All the best.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 12:02:02 PM »
You were undoubtedly better than us and we also had to contend with Bruce's scaredy-cat tactics. Good luck!

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 12:03:14 PM »
Roughed up? Carved up more like.

But yes, you were the better side. Good luck.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 12:06:38 PM »
Congratulations, best team won on the day and the best team over the season went up, no complaints.  You play good football, way better football then we play, and that'll stand you in good stead next year.  Having said that, your not cuddly, free flowing Fulham that the media luvvies make out, you were quite a cynical side on Saturday and the assault by that wanker Fredericks on Jack Grealish not being punished might have been a game changer.  It was no where near the same as the Grealish challenge in being a sending off offence imo. And he wasn't the only one.

But like I say, we can't complain too much, we didn't do nearly enough, we were out thought, out fought and out played. Enjoy next year.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 12:09:51 PM »
Thoroughly enjoying the Fulham match, end to end, Cairney has been superb as has the right back Fredericks. Nice to watch some good football, it is the most middle class crowd I've been in at a football match!

If Fulham sign a centre forward I can see them having a great season, they played some lovely stuff today and Cairney and Norwood were an excellent combination in midfield, surprised Norwood was taken off as it allowed Norwich to get back into the game.

I'm very rarely right about anything especially where football is concerned, but I took my son to the opening game of the season at Craven Cottage as we were down on holiday. I think your manager clearly saw my post, took him a while to act on it though.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 12:10:47 PM »
Better team won but you got plenty of help from the match officials.

Offline brackley

• GM : 13.04.2024
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 12:17:13 PM »
Good luck, you deserve it. For us, one goal in three vital games was never gonna scrape us through and going a goal down to quality opposition confirmed it. Even against ten men with twenty minutes left it never looked on.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2018, 12:19:38 PM »
Your assessment is about right. Best team won - good luck next season.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2018, 12:37:33 PM »
If we had your manager I think we'd have gone up automatically. Good luck for next season, think you'll be fine.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2018, 12:39:59 PM »
No real complaints here and to be fair you were probably the best side in the league since the turn of the new year.  It was clear on Saturday that Mitrovic is the focal point, but I thought you defended well and have real pace in the right areas.  I think the way you and Wolves play might bring a breath of fresh air to an increasingly dull Premier League and if you can make a couple of decent additions you should be looking to do more than just survive. 
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 12:53:38 PM by tomd2103 »

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2018, 12:48:36 PM »
Congratulations.You have a brilliant coach who is moulding a fine team..What you saw in the first half was ,sadly,a typical Steve Bruce approach to football.Both your team and fans will be a credit to the Money League.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2018, 12:51:05 PM »
Top three went up and deservedly so.  I don't think that Fulham will be able to play out from the back as much as they want to and will struggle in the top division.  However, well done on going up, much deserved and I really like your Manager.  Yours is everything that ours needs to be.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2018, 12:56:02 PM »
Best team in the frst half, on the day won. 2nd half,  I didn't think you were up to much. Your manager over 90+ minutes was good on the day, especially when he employed bruce's own tactics in seeing the game out from a winning position. Well done on getting neutral daytrippers and fans of other London clubs to help fill your end on Saturday, wearing white tops. No noise until about the 89th minute and poor coordination in the use of your clappers was the give away. Good luck in the prem and I look forward to playing Fulham soon in the not too distant future. BTW Fredericks(?) will probs be targeted by refs next season after the stamping he got àway with Saturday.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal