collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 12:05:47 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 12:01:31 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wembley 2018  (Read 1258 times)

Offline wittonwarrior

Wembley 2018
« on: May 28, 2018, 10:23:31 AM »
Obviously the 90 mins doesn’t feature

Jj moons an Wealdstone fc. Good morning

Being asked to turn my music down by some ignorant git on train from manc picc

The gathering on the bottom of the hill from the green man

Getting lost on the walk to the ground in the lifts

The players coach going past

Jack Grealish enough said xxxx

Snodgrass at least you gave a Saunders 110% performance

When will the ground swallow me up at the end

The north London c crew flag

Black lion with the creator of the north London c crew flag until closing

West end for some scoff

Back to Euston for some kip before train home only for the station to be locked off

Oh forgot splitting my kegs climbing a tree

On the train finally  fastest ever waking up as we pulled in mot Stockport

Who needs the 90 mins to make a great weekend

Online Deano's Mullet

Re: Wembley 2018
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 08:15:33 AM »
Wake up  early. Had first stage of dental crown done 24 hrs before so my mouth hurts. Paracetamol will ease that. What to wear for the day? 1981 league champions home shirt. That will do me.

Loads of Villa fans on the train up from the south coast.

Drinks in the Liquor Station pub near Wembley Central. "Aston Willa Allocated Pub" says the sign on the window. Entire staff inside and bouncers are Eastern European hence the Willa sign. Fiver a pint. Pub is quiet at first but eventually it's amazing, particularly when Jeff Beck and Johnny Cash are played over the speakers several times. Spoke to lots of Villa fans. Never met them before but it's nice mingling but there's a real undercurrent of excitement and apprehension about what awaits us. And boy are people moaning about the cost of drinks. Doesn't bother me, three pints of cider have killed my toothache.

Wembley High Street and around the ground swamped with Claret and Blue. Feels like we outnumber the white shirts of Fulham ten to one.
Entered the stadium through the Bobby Moore entrance. Tenner a programme. Bloody hell.

Sit down at half three. Villa fans in one of the boxes over my left shoulder really noisy already. Atmosphere building. Prematch entertainment is QPR kids easing past Sheffield Weds kids in a first a side.

Villa Park announcer geeing us up but he didnt need to really. Fulham guy does his best with his lot but nowhere near the noise made by our lot. In fact their support is sat down the whole time and fairly quiet except for the clappers.

First half comes and goes. Half time is "45" mins of FIFA 18, Villa lose to Fulham. Top entertainment not.

Final whistle and a lot of us leaving. I can't hear bugger all from the 90 mins plus of incredible noise. Outside a mixture of crying, numbness, despondency and even physical anger from our lot. As we trudge back up the station - past all the local residents in their Madrid and Barcelona shirts - its obvious lots of Fulham have left too.  49 games to get here and the buggers don't even stay to party or watch them lift the trophy.

Fairly quick journey home at end of which I'm already looking forward to next season.

And then this week happens. Back to square one. But this was my day.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal