collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Our youth team then  (Read 6834 times)

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
Re: Our youth team then
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2018, 10:58:54 AM »
I personally don't think O'Hare was ready and I wouldn't call Lansbury and Onomah defensive midfielders.

I'm not sure what Lansbury is to be honest, Onomah played there for England youth levels, he always seemed to be played out of position for us, definitely wasn't a wide man or no.10

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2018, 11:01:01 AM »
what a waste that loan signing of Axel was too.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2018, 11:05:14 AM »
what a waste that loan signing of Axel was too.

yep. If you just want cover then bring in an experienced player on loan, not someone else's youth players. Like he was doing them a favour.

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2018, 11:41:53 AM »
There’s only one way of finding out if any of them are good enough and it’s not playing some shit tournament in Hong Kong
Oi! My brother plays in that every year.

Offline SirSteveUK

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2018, 06:23:18 PM »
We say U23 - in fact we have Lyden  (22), McKirdy, Abdo & Swift at 21 - these are the oldest.

Re: Suliman - he looks better than he did - his loan spell was not good-but the better prospect is Bedeau - you can see why we paid 900,000 for him. He is 2 years  younger than Suliman
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 06:27:09 PM by SirSteveUK »

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2018, 06:30:50 PM »
From what I saw on AVTV and in person towards the end of the season, I really like Corey Blackett-Taylor.

I also think Mitchell Clark looks a very promising full back.

O'Hare and Hepburn-Murphy seem to run some games and disappear in others - but consistency comes with experience I guess. When they are good, they are very very good.

Offline SirSteveUK

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2018, 06:39:08 PM »
apparently Corey has dropped the 'Blackett' from his name  in some mentions

These are the ages of the Academy:

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2018, 09:42:42 PM »
O'Hare has knee ligament damage. Out for the start of the season.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2018, 10:28:38 PM »
Mitchell Clark played in a few Carling cup ties earlier this season.

With the lack of LBs in our squad I imagine he'll be on the bench regularly next season so good chance for him to break through.

Totally forgot about Bedeau. He's been here 18 months so would think he'd also come into 18 or we'd loan him out to league one considering he was playing there for Bury.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2018, 01:18:35 AM »
We need to have a major re-think on the youth team if you believe, like me, they should be getting more playing time. You've got about 10 players there over 20, a lot of youth internationals, and they've managed about 8 appearances for the 1st team between them. Bree and Davis are the other two.  If they're not getting any games at 20 then get rid if the club doesn't think they're good enough but we're not in the premier anymore. give them a go, play them as subs, give them a run in the cups. If they're shit what have we lost? There's a load of 19 year olds to try next 8)

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2018, 11:54:02 PM »
The trouble is these players that look promising here in the youth and reserve end up leaving for nothing and then looking very decent elsewhere! See Robinson and Daniel Johnson as prime examples of that. We need to give O'Hare games next season, because he looks easily good enough to me. Davis will be in the squad most weeks you have to think. Clark looked a perfectly reasonable full back in the cup games so should get more minutes, while Sulliman may well be 3rd or 4th choice centre half come the end of the summer. With Elphick going, you would have to imagine Jedinak and Chester will be the starting 2. Scary thought really. Bree should be playing, and RHM needs a run of starts IMO to get him used to it.

Finally Green - how are people writing him off? He was our brightest player first few weeks of the season, scored a cracker against Norwich and always looked like making things happen, but then got done with injuries. Need him back big time, the only pace we have.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2018, 12:23:32 AM »
I don't think you can write any player off at 19 but you have to play them. We've got youth players at 21 who have never played a game for us. In the championship. Sulliman should be main reserve centre half next season. if he's not up to championship football, then bin him and try bedeau.  If we have no money then at least make the youth players  back-up.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2018, 12:35:27 AM »
Yep, the silver lining of not going up for me was the prospect of finally seeing some of these lads get a proper go in our first team whereas had we gone up I can't imagine Bruce would ever have given any of them minutes in the Premier League.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2018, 11:12:31 AM »
Lyden and Doyle-Hayes should get plenty of game-time. Alongside more experienced CMF, I can see them developing quickly into reasonable players.
Bearing in mind where Jonathan Hogg has ended up; the experience that Daniel Johnson has had; the influence that Bannan has had at Sheff when uninjured … we need to persevere with some of these current kids.

Offline eddiemunster

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2018, 11:15:25 AM »
Unfortunately, as a previous poster has already said, under the present management, hardly any of these players will get anywhere near the bench let alone game time.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal