collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Footy-Vill
[Today at 08:19:15 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 08:18:22 PM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by basavfc
[Today at 08:18:14 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Edvard Remberg
[Today at 08:18:13 PM]

Re: New Shirt Sponsor by Footy-Vill
[Today at 08:18:05 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[Today at 08:17:29 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by The Edge
[Today at 08:17:19 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 08:16:57 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fulham 1-0 Aston Villa Play Off Final Post Match Thread  (Read 46527 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Fulham 1-0 Aston Villa Play Off Final Post Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2018, 07:16:14 PM »
The team's failure to turn up for half the match was inexcusable. We got exactly what we deserved - & although it pains me to say: Fulham were worthy winners both on the day & over the course of the season. Bastards.

Even more bastards for not turning up at SHA on the final day. Bet they're organising the open top bus parade around Bordesley as we speak.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2018, 07:17:05 PM »
We gave it everything for 20-25 mins after half time, unfortunately the goal never came. Grealish nearly got one of the great Wembley goals.

Unfortunately I think a number of our players were out on their feet by the time Fulham went down to 10.

Onomoah and Kodjia should have been on a lot earlier.

Fulham though deserved to win, played the better team football and are a better team.

We were far too reliant on Grealish for inspiration and our inability to keep the ball on a hot day was our undoing late on.

Johnstone 6, Elmo 5, Chester 5, Terry 5, Hutton 4, Snodgrass 4, Jedinak 6, Hourihane 6, Adamoah 6, Grealish 8, Grabban 4.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2018, 07:17:16 PM »
The team's failure to turn up for half the match was inexcusable. We got exactly what we deserved - & although it pains me to say: Fulham were worthy winners both on the day & over the course of the season. Bastards.

Even more bastards for not turning up at SHA on the final day. Bet they're organising the open top bus parade around Bordesley as we speak.

For Fulham?

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2018, 07:18:01 PM »
Grabban up top who is easily one of the worst strikers I have seen in some time - little movement, no aerial threat, does not pressure the defenders.

He was very poor today but sorry, that is nonsense. He's scored 20 goals in 34 games this season playing for an appalling Sunderland side and a defensive Villa side.

If a 20 goal season is being one of the worst strikers, can we have another one next year?

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2018, 07:18:23 PM »
Well, that was shit. Abject. No guile. No apparent desire to run at them until they went down to 10 men, by which point it was too late as Jack was fucking wrecked from being kicked around the park all day and Snodgrass and Adomah were wrecked from trying but failing to be the players they were earlier in the season.

Hard to shake the feeling now that we're doomed to Championship football for a long time.

If Bruce doesn't step down I can't say I'll bother visiting VP very often next season. Just not interested in spending a fortune to travel over to watch that shite.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2018, 07:18:24 PM »
That was never a game for Jedinak, but SB has always been tactically inept. We got what we deserved.

I actually thought Jedinak was fine, broke up play and did the job he was asked. Think we gave him a 3 year deal and he'll be here next season.

Key was we needed more energy alongside him, Hourihane as I feared really struggled today to press Fulham and get on the ball.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2018, 07:19:31 PM »
We gave it everything for 20-25 mins after half time, unfortunately the goal never came. Grealish nearly got one of the great Wembley goals.

Unfortunately I think a number of our players were out on their feet by the time Fulham went down to 10.

Onomoah and Kodjia should have been on a lot earlier.

Fulham though deserved to win, played the better team football and are a better team.

We were far too reliant on Grealish for inspiration and our inability to keep the ball on a hot day was our undoing late on.

Johnstone 6, Elmo 5, Chester 5, Terry 5, Hutton 4, Snodgrass 4, Jedinak 6, Hourihane 6, Adamoah 6, Grealish 8, Grabban 4.

Pretty much a bang on summary of the game for me.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2018, 07:19:49 PM »
That was never a game for Jedinak, but SB has always been tactically inept. We got what we deserved.

I actually thought Jedinak was fine, broke up play and did the job he was asked. Think we gave him a 3 year deal and he'll be here next season.

Key was we needed more energy alongside him, Hourihane as I feared really struggled today to press Fulham and get on the ball.

Hourie and Snodgrass were crap. No other word.

Offline VancouverLion

• GM : 24.01.2016
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2018, 07:22:32 PM »
Play for 25 of the 90 that's what you get, fuck all.

Bye Steve, nice guy that you are.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2018, 07:23:12 PM »

For Fulham?

Yes probably, they'd give an invitation to them to come up here when they're doing their bus parade.

Offline pelty

« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2018, 07:23:13 PM »
Got what we deserved. Anyone who saw the two Boro games knows what an underwhelming team that was and that we needed a more aggressive mentality in the final. Instead, he goes with the same lineup with Grabban up top who is easily one of the worst strikers I have seen in some time - little movement, no aerial threat, does not pressure the defenders. What a fool Bruce is and what a wasted opportunity!

It was so much better under the old regime of course.

Nope. Was rubbish then, too...

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2018, 07:24:12 PM »
Fulham are a better side than us but you hope the Villa team that beat Wolves and Blues at home turn up and Fulham choke. I knew it was pretty much game over when they scored, how often do we come from behind, especially against the good teams? Not sure whether to stick with Bruce or not but as others have said, today showed our weaknesses with him in charge, i.e. we generally don't create and score enough especially against the good teams and if we don't hit the ground running in games we find it very hard to get going and get the result as the match goes on. We did have a good 20 mins or so but it still never really looked like we'd score. Not enough players forward.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2018, 07:24:26 PM »
Grabban up top who is easily one of the worst strikers I have seen in some time - little movement, no aerial threat, does not pressure the defenders.

He was very poor today but sorry, that is nonsense. He's scored 20 goals in 34 games this season playing for an appalling Sunderland side and a defensive Villa side.

If a 20 goal season is being one of the worst strikers, can we have another one next year?

He's a funny one. Great at the start but faded towards the end of the season.

I'd still take him for next season as we will need a striker who can score in the bread and butter games and he's done that comfortably.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2018, 07:24:41 PM »

Hourie and Snodgrass were crap. No other word.

Fulham were smart enough to double up on Snoddy and at least two on Jack. Tactically they got it spot on. Today was all about the midfield and they dominated it for most, restricted us for them rest.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2018, 07:25:25 PM »
Need to finish top 2. Play offs will kill you.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal