collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip and speculation thread  (Read 473564 times)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Summer transfer, gossip and speculation thread
« Reply #3630 on: September 14, 2018, 01:27:45 PM »
On RDL, bearing in mind how good he looked in pre-season

Where on earth has this myth come from ?

I thought he looked decent in the games I saw. Bruce himself said he'd been one of the better players.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #3631 on: September 14, 2018, 01:35:41 PM »

Well you can only go on what you see I guess. I thought he looked bang average as usual. Apart from a couple of decent crosses in an early friendly.

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #3632 on: September 14, 2018, 01:47:28 PM »

Well you can only go on what you see I guess. I thought he looked bang average as usual. Apart from a couple of decent crosses in an early friendly.

As I asked you yesterday, which of our other full-backs did you think looked better than him during pre-season?

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #3633 on: September 14, 2018, 02:31:57 PM »

As I asked you yesterday, which of our other full-backs did you think looked better than him during pre-season?

I'm trying to think who else played at full back pre season. You tell me. In fact i'm pretty sure RDL played wide midfield in a few.

You're not telling me you'd start him at RB ahead of Elmo, Bree or Hutton are you ?

The latter possibly but even then he'd be third choice.

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #3634 on: September 14, 2018, 02:41:34 PM »
Based on form, I'd have started him once his 2 match ban was over. Aside from scoring against Hull, Hutton's been woeful at left-back and Taylor is just woeful in general.  I like Bree but, again, would have put De Laet ahead of him on the back of his pre-season showings.

You're right, he did also play on the right handside of midfield in pre-season and, again, looked good there. His versatility is another reason why I would keep him around, given how imbalanced the squad is at present.

Worth noting that Bruce has signed Taylor, Elmohamady, Bree and Tuanzebe (and re-signed Hutton) whilst RDL has been on the books. At the very least, there should have been some plan in place to move RDL's wages on before being allowed to spend so much on players to play in the same position, surely? This- and the outlay on the likes of Lansbury and Hogan - are the reason that I shudder every time I hear him hide behind FFP. 
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 03:26:20 PM by RussellC »

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #3635 on: September 14, 2018, 07:51:57 PM »
Hmm, De Laet or Tuanzebe at full back, or, (fucking radical) Elmo, at full back.  Steve Bruceball, and the winner is....................

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3636 on: September 15, 2018, 02:14:05 AM »
Based on form, I'd have started him once his 2 match ban was over. Aside from scoring against Hull, Hutton's been woeful at left-back and Taylor is just woeful in general.  I like Bree but, again, would have put De Laet ahead of him on the back of his pre-season showings.

You're right, he did also play on the right handside of midfield in pre-season and, again, looked good there. His versatility is another reason why I would keep him around, given how imbalanced the squad is at present.

Worth noting that Bruce has signed Taylor, Elmohamady, Bree and Tuanzebe (and re-signed Hutton) whilst RDL has been on the books. At the very least, there should have been some plan in place to move RDL's wages on before being allowed to spend so much on players to play in the same position, surely? This- and the outlay on the likes of Lansbury and Hogan - are the reason that I shudder every time I hear him hide behind FFP.
Some transfer dealings there.
He likes getting a few transfers.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #3637 on: September 15, 2018, 06:58:02 AM »
Like a balding man who thinks the answer is a new hat. 

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #3638 on: September 15, 2018, 07:00:49 AM »

It is if the objective is to keep one's head warm. And that's the problem.

Offline brian green

« Reply #3639 on: September 15, 2018, 07:06:20 AM »
Or keep woodpeckers at bay. 

Offline berneboy

• John 3:16
« Reply #3640 on: September 15, 2018, 08:09:15 AM »
Very descriptive of my approach. I have 10+ flat caps.

Offline brian green

« Reply #3641 on: September 15, 2018, 08:23:53 AM »
Oddly Drummond who is a handsome non hirsute young man wears a hat to keep his head warm.  I am a hairy old coffin dodger driven by misplaced vanity.  I too have a large collection of hats that make me look like my dad.  Mostly peaky blinder flat caps.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #3642 on: September 15, 2018, 08:29:02 AM »
I'd be very disappointed if Drummond doesn't own at least one flat cap. And a whippet.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #3643 on: September 15, 2018, 09:21:57 AM »
I'm not a fan of RDL and never have been.  Although he had a good pre-season, I'd never have him in my starting line up.  Therefore, with the cover we have at RB, it makes perfect sense to loan him out.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #3644 on: September 15, 2018, 09:34:34 AM »
I'm not a fan of RDL and never have been.  Although he had a good pre-season, I'd never have him in my starting line up.  Therefore, with the cover we have at RB, it makes perfect sense to loan him out.
For me, the question is: if he doesn’t want to play him, why loan him out rather than sell him?
He just doesn’t seem to know what he wants ... and his disgenuity at press conferences irritates tovhell out of me.

I rarely wear a hat; I’m told they just don’t suit me.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal