collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by dave shelley
[Today at 09:33:06 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:19:21 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:15:25 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip and speculation thread  (Read 473618 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Summer transfer, gossip and speculation thread
« Reply #720 on: July 15, 2018, 12:37:43 PM »
I really like James Chester - a top professional who will be keenly missed

He's not departed.

Yet. How else will we make up the 40m as it's looking like Jack will go to Spurs for around 20m so we need to find the other half from other players.

Will be big loss. Guy has been Mr Consistant since he joined us, pretty much played in every game so superb fitness record for a start.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #721 on: July 15, 2018, 03:20:43 PM »
he's way too good for Stoke

Chester was too good for the Championship at the point he was signed by Villa. However, remaining in the midlands seems more important to him than Premier League football.

I'm not sure that choice has ever presented itself

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #722 on: July 16, 2018, 08:49:07 AM »
Maybe fool hardy but I do have some optimism if we can shift Chester £12-15 million Kodija £13 -15m and a couple more then Grealish can stay. However I resign in many respects that Jack is off and most likely Spurs. That's okay for him initially as he ll be in team with all the many WC players coming back late and Son being away but once squad is there he won't be a first choice and like so many English players it's frustrating. And even more so for  the villa as we  aren't in big league because there would be a lot of benefit all round to bring in English players as well as keeping own and villa would be a massive viable option.
Loftus Cheek Luke Shaw are two that if we had been promoted could consider however it's limited .

The other thing Josh Onoamah more so and Harry Winks they have to be included in any deal if we really are letting Grealish go .

Personally I think he should test himself in Germany or Spain would be great as would be for other English players to go away from premier league as despite its hype ultimately there were few winners in the final of WC considering the overall representation being strong from prem clubs. Also that so many lost in semi and never made final says something.

Real Madrid should move on Harry Kane and not Lewandowski however how would Harry Kane do ?

Grealish is good enough and could be an England player very soon but is moving to any top 4 England club the right move? What's gauling will see him go on to glory and everyone say how great he is yet we all knew all along. I think if Hazard goes Grealish should go to Chelsea

Offline frank black

« Reply #723 on: July 16, 2018, 08:52:40 AM »
‘Chester £12-15 million Kodija £13 -15m and a couple more then Grealish can stay’

Zero chance of either I’m afraid

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #724 on: July 16, 2018, 08:59:23 AM »
You're right. Some say I'm a dreamer. The heat is getting to me !

I just like players that are going to go. Sooner clear up the betterment for every one.

I can only think it disrupters the squad and tactics. I hope green steps up and some others and Albert Adomah continues his goals from last season.

Hogan well if he's tried with Davis in a 4-4-2: then maybe but not sure what we do with him!

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #725 on: July 16, 2018, 09:02:36 AM »
How would people feel if Grealish goes to say Chelsea or Spurs and they then proceed to loan him out to say Stoke or Swansea or worse still the Albion.

I would be spitting feathers!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 09:09:33 AM by oldtimernow »

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #726 on: July 16, 2018, 09:05:48 AM »
Just posted this on twitter but if we bought Chester for 8m over 4 years his residual value in FFP terms would be 4m. Albion have 2m sell on clause which would mean to make a dent in FFP we would need at least 8m...even that only brings the FFP deficit down by 2m?

Wyness and Xia told us they had plans for every eventuality. I get the impression they lied through their teeth

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #727 on: July 16, 2018, 09:11:00 AM »
How would people feel if he goes to say Chelsea or Spurs and they then proceed to loan him out to say Stoke or Swansea or worse still the Albion.

Understatement!! There has to be an agreement  from our side where that can't happen !

I'm surprised (hopefully a rule!)  clubs don't do this  more (which be awful) buy up players  loan them out to clubs who couldn't afford the player thus to entice other clubs to sell their players and use as sweeteners .

I sure some try this . The afobe move was very savvy and interesting by wolves and stoke

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #728 on: July 16, 2018, 09:21:29 AM »
How would people feel if Grealish goes to say Chelsea or Spurs and they then proceed to loan him out to say Stoke or Swansea or worse still the Albion.

Me too but I really can’t see him agreeing to that, what would be the benefit from his point of view?

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #729 on: July 16, 2018, 09:22:40 AM »
...Some say I'm a dreamer

But you're not the only one

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #730 on: July 16, 2018, 09:29:30 AM »
...Some say I'm a dreamer

But you're not the only one

I hope some day you will join us ?

Offline oldtimernow

« Reply #731 on: July 16, 2018, 09:43:24 AM »
And the Villa  will be number One   ???

Offline oldtimernow

« Reply #732 on: July 16, 2018, 09:44:43 AM »

Me too but I really can’t see him agreeing to that, what would be the benefit from his point of view?

Game time and Money are the only things I could see

Offline wozwebs

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #733 on: July 16, 2018, 10:17:06 AM »
Just sent this to my mate, from the Mirror

Marney training with Villa

Dean Marney is training with Aston Villa this week after leaving Burnley, writes James Nursey.
The experienced midfielder,34, was released by the Clarets this summer after an eight year spell.
The former Tottenham trainee and Hull ace has made 96 Premier League appearances.
Marney was Burnley ‘s second longest-serving player behind Kevin Long but struggled to regain his place after a cruciate knee injury in
January 2017.
Now Championship clubs including Nottingham Forest have expressed an interest in him.
Bruce is first to have a close look but will have to be patient as Villa’s cash crisis means they cannot afford to sign anyone.
But Bruce is hoping the expected sale of Jack Grealish to Spurs, and potentially James Chester to Stoke , plus other exits , will release funds for some budget incomings
And his reply was “Villa are Back”

:)

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #734 on: July 16, 2018, 10:30:59 AM »

Game time and Money are the only things I could see

Money I suppose but he’d get game time in the Championship if he stays put.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal