collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Fulham Championship Play-Off Match Thread.  (Read 27968 times)

Offline Gido82

Re: Aston Villa vs Fulham Championship Play-Off Match Thread.
« Reply #435 on: May 26, 2018, 07:00:02 PM »
We're better off in the Championship! no way is this team and manager ready for the Premier League based on the respect we showed Fulham (fucking Fulham??) in the first half. Gutted.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #436 on: May 26, 2018, 07:02:15 PM »
We're better off in the Championship! no way is this team and manager ready for the Premier League based on the respect we showed Fulham (fucking Fulham??) in the first half. Gutted.

Are you?

Offline Damo70

« Reply #437 on: May 26, 2018, 07:04:04 PM »
We got screwed over when the ref should have reduced them to ten men in the first half but on the other hand we didn't turn up, which with our experienced side over their inexperienced side is unforgivable. On the one hand I am obviously gutted, on the other I have enjoyed knowing we have a decent chance of winning each week in the Championship. On the one hand I don't think Bruce deserves the sack after taking us to a play off final but on the other hand I don't think he is the best man to rebuild the side on a reduced budget this summer. We will need a Warnock type (I stress 'a Warnock type' and not Warnock himself) who can build a competitive side on a reduced budget. Dean Smith for me if we do make a change but in all honesty I would keep Bruce. Third time lucky?

Offline Gido82

« Reply #438 on: May 26, 2018, 07:04:07 PM »
Obviously but that first half...My God what else is there to say

Offline tepavilla

« Reply #439 on: May 26, 2018, 07:05:01 PM »
To be honest you're right. Any team that STILL has Alan Hutton in the starting XI is by no means suitable for PL.

Fulham deserved it. Their leadership has acknowledged what it takes in MODERN football and built the team and team management accordingly.

Offline oldham_villa

« Reply #440 on: May 26, 2018, 07:05:42 PM »
I’m not going to get into the Manager, I think he deserves respect due to his professionalism after the death of his parents.

We just didn’t start the game in the right way, which killed us ultimately. Too deep. Panicking and hoofing it as a result.

After thinking Fulham would freeze, it ended up being our lads.

Very disappointed and I’m ready to drown my sorrows.

Congratulations to Fulham, who played well all season.

I dread to think what this might do to our club, next season will be far more difficult, unless Xia pulls some magic out of the hat re sponsorship

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #441 on: May 26, 2018, 07:09:37 PM »
We got screwed over when the ref should have reduced them to ten men in the first half but on the other hand we didn't turn up, which with our experienced side over their inexperienced side is unforgivable. On the one hand I am obviously gutted, on the other I have enjoyed knowing we have a decent chance of winning each week in the Championship. On the one hand I don't think Bruce deserves the sack after taking us to a play off final but on the other hand I don't think he is the best man to rebuild the side on a reduced budget this summer. We will need a Warnock type (I stress 'a Warnock type' and not Warnock himself) who can build a competitive side on a reduced budget. Dean Smith for me if we do make a change but in all honesty I would keep Bruce. Third time lucky?
You have four hands?(6).
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 07:12:45 PM by four fornicholl »

Offline Damo70

« Reply #442 on: May 26, 2018, 07:10:17 PM »
To be honest you're right. Any team that STILL has Alan Hutton in the starting XI is by no means suitable for PL.

Fulham deserved it. Their leadership has acknowledged what it takes in MODERN football and built the team and team management accordingly.

I'm not saying Hutton is up to playing in the PL any more but in our relegation season and since he has shown up and done his job better than most in my opinion.

Offline Perthvillan

• GM : 25.08.2023
« Reply #443 on: May 26, 2018, 07:19:06 PM »
The poor first half killed us, just not good enough.
Now really worried about what impact this will have on the playing staff for next season.
We could be down here for a while.
Enormous credit to our support today who did their part.

Offline KRS

« Reply #444 on: May 26, 2018, 08:58:28 PM »
We had the opportunity but we don’t deserve to go up...it’s that simple really. We allowed Fulham (fcukin Fulham) to take the piss at Wembley then couldn’t even capitalise to score an equaliser when they went down to 10 men. We don’t deserve to go up and this squad would come straight back down. Fcukin useleas. Bruce has had a hard time in his personal life but he can fuck off too.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal