collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Gareth
[Today at 08:33:33 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 08:32:13 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 08:31:53 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Steve67
[Today at 08:27:01 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by luke95
[Today at 08:26:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Steve67
[Today at 08:21:30 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Risso
[Today at 08:16:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Superstitions for Wembley  (Read 5771 times)

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
Superstitions for Wembley
« on: May 23, 2018, 08:42:40 PM »
Superstitions are a load of bollocks.......but just in case we better be on the safe side and go with for the day

for me and my little lad its playing ' nothing but a Heartache' by the Flirtations on the way to the match,
 not only is it a great Northern Soul tune but we always win (mostly)
we will give it a hearing before we leave and we can't lose

anyone else got any ritual nonsense stuff, because we need all the help we can muster

Offline Damo70

Re: Superstitions for Wembley
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 08:54:56 PM »
I am going to Acorns in Walsall to visit my grandson before the final. He is there temporarily whilst they are doing some work at his normal home of Acorns in Selly Oak. I am convinced that rubbing his head, his belly and his feet are going to bring Villa some luck. I don't know whether to do it craftily and on the quiet or to be up front and tell my wife and daughter why I am behaving a bit odd. Either way they will think I'm weird.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 08:58:29 PM »
I'm thinking of working as every time I work during a Villa game we win and I get a new client. I have a meeting booked but must decide tomorrow whether or not to cancel it. I'd be back to see the second half. It's tempting.

One thing I won't be doing is going to a pub/bar showing the game. Wembley 2000 and again in 2015 put a stop to that.

Saturday is going to be a strange day. Win and everything is alright with the world. Anything else isn't worth considering.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 09:28:19 PM »
I'm thinking of working as every time I work during a Villa game we win and I get a new client. I have a meeting booked but must decide tomorrow whether or not to cancel it. I'd be back to see the second half. It's tempting.

One thing I won't be doing is going to a pub/bar showing the game. Wembley 2000 and again in 2015 put a stop to that.

Saturday is going to be a strange day. Win and everything is alright with the world. Anything else isn't worth considering.

Go to the fucking meeting!

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 09:29:35 PM »
Superstitions are bad luck.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 09:30:49 PM »
Tesco were giving away free Panini Russia 2018 albums the other day, and the first sticker with the one I nabbed was Mile Jedinak. It’s a sign from God, I tell you !!

Offline Zouch Villa

• GM : 12.02.2024
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 09:33:15 PM »
Tesco were giving away free Panini Russia 2018 albums the other day, and the first sticker with the one I nabbed was Mile Jedinak. It’s a sign from God, I tell you !!

Jedi to score the winner. I’d settle for that.

Offline DennisHodgetts

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 09:56:25 AM »
We will be following an identical routine to the Semi against Liverpool-it worked that day. 8.30am set off, McDonalds breakfast at services on M1, park at Stanmore, tube in to Town, kill some time at the British Museum looking at mummies and Chinese tourists with face masks (I hope Dr Tony doesn't wear one at Wembley!), late lunch at Spaghetti House in Goodge St and then back to Wembley for a leisurely build up to the game. I will even order the same. No need for anyone to worry, I have it sorted!!! ;D

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2018, 10:11:09 AM »
They are a load of bollocks but the only games we have won there in the last 30 years in normal time is when I have been present. I am unable to attend on Saturday so I am hoping this shite stops.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2018, 10:22:28 AM »
I always sacrifice eight cans of beer before kick-off. There follows, without fail, a result.

Online bodkins14

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2018, 10:59:55 AM »
Never seen Villa get a result when watching them whilst with my father in law live or on the telly box. I"m away for the weekend with said father in law so I intend tying him up and locking him away for a couple of hours on Saturday, he is a bloody albatross I tell you and a spuds fan...

Offline exigo

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2018, 11:49:11 AM »
Superstitions are mythical crap. And any thought that I might be taking the scarf I bought outside Wembley against Liverpool, even though it's gonna be 26º, is just malicious rumour.

Offline villalion

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2018, 12:13:35 PM »
Not a superstition but my 9 year old daughter bought me a claret and blue balloon for my birthday on Tuesday, She then asked if we could release it into the sky before the game, Because grandad Rob passed away last year and he can catch it in heaven and bring the Villa good luck.

Offline DennisHodgetts

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2018, 12:26:13 PM »
So Sweet. I might send one to my sadly deceased granddad Alan as well, we must have quite a following up there.

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2018, 12:54:08 PM »
Generally I have a drink before the game and it works most times, this season any how! but just in "case" it don't , I drink more.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal