collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Superstitions for Wembley  (Read 5807 times)

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
Re: Superstitions for Wembley
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2018, 05:25:09 PM »
I keep seeing one Magpie, been out on the bike and must have seen at least 6........

It started off badly yesterday, as immediately I opened the bedroom curtains when I got up, there was this fucking great magpie in the garden and then all day yesterday I kept seeing lone magpies everywhere I went.  Never a good sign.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2018, 11:19:39 PM »
I heard something about the African Car Reverser and a black cat in the week as well.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2018, 11:43:03 PM »
I hope the next superstition for Wembley is “employ a manager who will try to win the game”.

I think you might be on to something here.

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2018, 10:12:05 AM »
I knew when I lost my ticket right outside Wembley. 'Luckily' Mr amfy was with me and gave me his, and he went back to the pub,

It sent me into Wembkey with the exact same gut wrenching feeling that I had in 2015 against Arsenal when just before I went in, I read that Drummond had been turned away with a  fake ticket.

Theres something about starting a game in that frame of mind that tells you its not your day.

Online Behind Bluenose Lines

• Location: Hanging on in Quiet Desperation During a Global Pandemic
  • GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2018, 11:18:56 AM »
Here’s a suggestion for Wembley.

Raise it to the fucking ground.

Every time we go there we say the same thing.

It's a shithole. The FA spent a about 800 million quid on it, and the main selling point was that it had more toilets than old Wembley. It does, but they're always in a state anyway. The food and drink prices are absolutely crazy, there's nothing to do around the ground, no decent boozers, and while it's easier to get to get to and from than when it first opened, it's still a ball ache having to go there. It's utterly soulless and it looks like shit; the arch isn't 'iconic', it makes the place look like a giant handbag.

The FA are so incompetent that they're actually considering selling the dump for about 300 million quid less than they paid for it. The FA being the only people that have managed to lose money on the London property market in the last decade. Clowns. I hate the place.
[/quote

Talksport are saying that it looks like the sale could be going through soon. That horrible concrete concourse needs a lick of white paint at the very least to brighten it up. Felt for the poor sods who had to work in that environment on Saturday..

Online Behind Bluenose Lines

• Location: Hanging on in Quiet Desperation During a Global Pandemic
  • GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2018, 11:23:25 AM »
Sorry andyh for piggy backing your comments.

Offline andyaston

« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2018, 11:37:43 AM »
I frigging hate the place, our record there is utter shite since it got rebuilt. It is a hellhole to get to and when we eventually lose it is an awful journey back.

No decent pubs,late kick offs mean that the idiot element have a longer time to get pissed and spoil everybody elses day by acting like drunken twats (I like a drink but I like to know whats going on so a feww dont hurt) now there is a bloody huge shopping mall there.

Therefore, if we get there again I might just give my ticket away.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal