collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by chrisw1
[Today at 12:49:25 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by rob_bridge
[Today at 12:49:23 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by rob_bridge
[Today at 12:48:18 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Beard82
[Today at 12:47:53 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by MalcolmP
[Today at 12:47:23 PM]

Re: New Shirt Sponsor by Hookeysmith
[Today at 12:47:07 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Martyn Smith
[Today at 12:46:55 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by chrisw1
[Today at 12:46:38 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fulham fan here  (Read 10011 times)

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Fulham fan here
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2018, 05:24:12 PM »
Fuck that, I hope we win and bollocks to who is the prettiest.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2018, 05:47:13 PM »
Fuck that, I hope we win and bollocks to who is the prettiest.

Indeed. I am minded of that interview with Gollum years ago. When describing his teams performance he essentially said, it is like getting to the end of a night out and looking to pull. It doesn't matter if she is prettiest girl as long as you get her in the cab home. That's kind of where I am with Saturday.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2018, 06:23:28 PM »
No one said anything about prettiest. Very impressed as always by LeeB's exceptional mastery of dropping fucks and bollockses for no apparent reason. That's the rest of us told.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2018, 06:29:59 PM »
No one said anything about prettiest. Very impressed as always by LeeB's exceptional mastery of dropping fucks and bollockses for no apparent reason. That's the rest of us told.

I don't want 'the best team' to win. I want us to.

I don't think you do either really so your post is disingenuous. And you can have your own 'fuck off' and 'bollocks' if you enjoy them so much.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2018, 06:30:27 PM »

Fuck off. You bollox.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2018, 06:37:47 PM »

I don't think you do either really so your post is disingenuous. And you can have your own 'fuck off' and 'bollocks' if you enjoy them so much.

It's not disingenuous as I don't think there's much point going up to the PL if we can't beat Fulham. We'll get thrashed week on week if we can't step up now and show some quality when it counts. I doubt I'm alone in seeing things that way.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2018, 06:38:22 PM »
Just stuck my head into their forum. It isn't to Olbiyun levels of "woe is me, wim a lovely club, nasty big boys saying rude things" but a few of them are getting that way.

Then you had the odd ones having a pop at our fans who have signed up there (fuck knows why people do that). If any of our lot are idiots they deserve all they get but panning someone as "obviously a kid who never saw your glory days" whilst genuinely arguing that League Cups wins don't count as proper trophies? How much of a new fan do you have to be to think that? Especially as they have won Jack Shit in their history? They should be delighted to win one. Very odd.

Must have been posted by a kid.....

And as an aside, they like a Villa fan from Gloucester. Fucking amateurs.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2018, 06:42:46 PM »

It's not disingenuous as I don't think there's much point going up to the PL if we can't beat Fulham. We'll get thrashed week on week if we can't step up now and show some quality when it counts. I doubt I'm alone in seeing things that way.
Do we not go to the PL if we beat Fulham?

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2018, 06:43:57 PM »

I meant over 90 minutes, beating them comfortably, being evidently the better team, etc etc.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2018, 06:52:30 PM »

I meant over 90 minutes, beating them comfortably, being evidently the better team, etc etc.
With our pulling power and potential, I don't give a flying fuck how we beat them, we will have a better chance in the promised land than them. UTV

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2018, 07:06:50 PM »
It's not as though the 18 on Saturday is going to be the same 18 that will be playing next season if we win.

Huddersfield didn't win a game in the play-offs, I must have missed their relegation this season  ;)

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2018, 07:16:22 PM »
It's not as though the 18 on Saturday is going to be the same 18 that will be playing next season if we win.

Huddersfield didn't win a game in the play-offs, I must have missed their relegation this season  ;)

That's fair. We can play some very good stuff at times though and I'd love to see us going up doing that.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2018, 07:21:57 PM »

That's fair. We can play some very good stuff at times though and I'd love to see us going up doing that.

We all would. But if one goes in off Terry's still wet dick because he was throwing one up Mrs Jokanovic before the match then nobody is going to be too bothered are they.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2018, 07:23:54 PM »
We'd all love a Wolves/Bristol City demolition job, but i'll take the spawniest 1-0 win anyone has ever seen.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2018, 07:37:24 PM »
We'd all love a Wolves/Bristol City demolition job, but i'll take the spawniest 1-0 win anyone has ever seen.

Yup if we win I’ll be happy however it happens.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal