collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fulham fan here  (Read 10005 times)

Offline Londonfranky

• GM : 27.12.2021
Fulham fan here
« on: May 23, 2018, 12:51:10 PM »
Reading your board is quite fun  I like to make a few points 1 i don’t think there will be 1000s of Villa fans in the Fulham end I’m pretty sure they will be spread out among the Fulham family you’re talking about a team that hasn’t been to Wembley for ANY game for 43 years I’m pretty sure that any fan from either side who wants a ticket will get 1  maybe not sitting with their friends 2 I also realise that your a bigger team than us but if you or us go up we will be playing in the 2nd division of the premiership with 13 other teams 3 I agree the clappers are shit 4 I think we’re in the same boat go up we retain top players don’t go up there off we’re probably lose our manager as well just hope it’s a decent game not decided by a poor refereeing decision

Offline j66acd

Re: Fulham fan here
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 01:12:37 PM »
Instead of free clappers, do you reckon Fulham would give you some free punctuation lessons instead.

Just tried reading that in one breath and could get to 43 years. What’s everyone else’s PB?

Offline Kevin Dawson

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 01:13:02 PM »
Have you ever heard of punctuation?

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 01:16:18 PM »
Fair play mate. Good points. We both know each others teams very well. Who do you fear most from AV ? And are you a bit concerned about your two losses at the end of an incredible run even though you turned it round against Derby ??

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 01:24:44 PM »
Good points in the main, but where on here is anyone saying there'll be 1000s of our fans in the Fulham end.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 02:01:09 PM »
Yeah...he can stay.

Offline Londonfranky

• GM : 27.12.2021
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 03:24:08 PM »
Thanks for the input boys, sorry about lack of punctuation, on one of your sites seems to think every Fulham season ticket holder bought 5 and used 2 and sold the rest. I think we’re probably similar to a you on smaller scale, everyone knows someone who has moved and only gets to 5 or 6 games a year. As to our run in, Although we went half a season unbeaten we seemed to running on empty in the last half a dozen games,so hopefully the 10 days since the derby game  will recharge our batteries. The obvious danger is Grealish but it would very fulhamish if John Terry scores the winner. there seems to be quite a emphasis put on your experience,I only say with  experience comes age where we  have young legs it might make different the longer the game goes on. One last point I’ve going to Fulham for over 50 years in all that time I have never met a Hugo, Tarquin, or Rupert!!

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 03:44:58 PM »
Resale sites are full of Fulham tickets, so plenty bought them to sell on.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2018, 03:52:08 PM »

There were plenty of Villa section seats on yesterday as well so lets not make out they're the only ones

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2018, 03:53:26 PM »
Funny enough Franky I have just put a couple of quid on Terry to score 40/1 I understand the younger legs thinking but ironically I also have a little vision of a Tottenham player (Onomah) finishing you off :-))) Have a great  day ........

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2018, 04:03:57 PM »
Thanks for the input boys, sorry about lack of punctuation, on one of your sites seems to think every Fulham season ticket holder bought 5 and used 2 and sold the rest. I think we’re probably similar to a you on smaller scale, everyone knows someone who has moved and only gets to 5 or 6 games a year. As to our run in, Although we went half a season unbeaten we seemed to running on empty in the last half a dozen games,so hopefully the 10 days since the derby game  will recharge our batteries. The obvious danger is Grealish but it would very fulhamish if John Terry scores the winner. there seems to be quite a emphasis put on your experience,I only say with  experience comes age where we  have young legs it might make different the longer the game goes on. One last point I’ve going to Fulham for over 50 years in all that time I have never met a Hugo, Tarquin, or Rupert!!

Your punctuation in thw 1st post blew the Tarquin theory straight out of the water anyway!

If you got to 5-6 Fulham games you could get 5 tickets! They were sellig 5 to anyone who had been in your 'neutral' end except us. Its not like having some family or friends that can't get along that often. There won't be 1000s, we're not 'taking the Fulham end', but a fair few Villa will be there because the criteria was so loosely managed.

Anyway - in the end I was glad it was Fulham not Derby. Its all fine margins by thos stage in the game, so if we lose, I'd rather it was to the team that finished 3rd and who don't have an ex-blues manager and forward.

I always liked Fulham and was quite gutted when you got relegated- mostly because it was a favourite away trip, but one way or another, we won't be at Craven Cottage in the league next season anyway!

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2018, 04:13:05 PM »

There were plenty of Villa section seats on yesterday as well so lets not make out they're the only ones

There were a few and most were Club Wembley etc. Sites are full of Fulham tickets and often up to 5 at a time, mainly from their allocation. There's a massive difference between a few Villa tickets here and there and hundreds of Fulham tickets.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2018, 04:20:07 PM »
I know a few Fulham fans and they are just decent, normal fans. Very self deprecating and no delusions of being anything they are not.

Hard to believe now but I am told that for a good 15-20 years after the war Fulham was a tough working class area.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2018, 04:25:49 PM »
I know a few Fulham fans and they are just decent, normal fans. Very self deprecating and no delusions of being anything they are not.

Hard to believe now but I am told that for a good 15-20 years after the war Fulham was a tough working class area.
Yep this Tarquin stuff is just nonsense, it’s like saying all Villa are like a Benny from Crossroads.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2018, 04:33:04 PM »

Brave of you to come on here so fair play for that.

And I actually agree with you, I think the youth and pace of your boys is what took us apart at the Cottage and if we're not very careful the same could happen Saturday.

All I can say is may the best team win. I will be absolutely shattered if it's not us, but that's football.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal