collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Fulham Championship Play-Off Final Pre-Match Thread  (Read 49072 times)

Offline Jockey Randall

Re: Aston Villa vs Fulham Championship Play-Off Final Pre-Match Thread
« Reply #270 on: May 25, 2018, 10:32:47 AM »
Cue old man with a walking stick celebration when we smash home our 3rd after a slick counter attack late on.

Offline Villatillidie1982

« Reply #271 on: May 25, 2018, 10:37:42 AM »
Interesting perspective on teams that play in play-offs:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44120535
This season has been progress no matter what happens. The course to world domination is still being followed. It would just take one season longer.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #272 on: May 25, 2018, 11:40:43 AM »
Elmo is expected to be fit, apparently.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #273 on: May 25, 2018, 11:50:47 AM »

I think we'll start him even if he isn't 100%. Don't think SB will be comfortable putting in Bree for this one.

Just hope his hamstring dosen't go, not just for us but he'd miss the World cup aswell.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #274 on: May 25, 2018, 12:28:11 PM »

Would be a big boost.  Only decision left then I'm guessing would be Jedinak or Whelan in the defensive midfield role. 

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #275 on: May 25, 2018, 12:30:21 PM »
Cue old man with a walking stick celebration when we smash home our 3rd after a slick counter attack late on.

I think I would actually be thrown out for masturbating if that happened :)

I am very excited but not nervous and I think I know the reason why. It is not because I am overly confident it is because I am not fearful of losing.
Both recent FA cup finals I was a bag of nerves as all my life I have wanted to see us lift the FA cup - between each time I have been it was 15 years and as I am getting older I fear that the next time would be the last time I get the chance so a lot of my footballing life is riding on it (hence how gutted I was at both feeble efforts we provided in 2000 and 2015)

Tomorrow is different - of course if we lose it will mean a change of Manager, a big change in personnel as we would obviously lose a good few players, but it could also be the start of something bigger with the next generation as we rebuild from within (of course the other side is we fall away into oblivion like all the other fading ex teams such as Forest / Wednesday / Leeds etc). I, like a good few on here, have enjoyed the 2nd season in the championship as we started the season as one of 10 teams who could actually win it never mind getting in the playoffs and that has been really exciting. Watching the latter stages of the season and looking out for other results was a real thrill and reminded me of previous promotions and when we won the league in 81 .Lets face it for 15 teams in the Premiership next season the first game is the start of a relegation battle and we would be in it.

Either way - really hope tomorrow is a great game and we get the right result.

UTV
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 12:32:52 PM by Hookeysmith »

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #276 on: May 25, 2018, 12:30:44 PM »

It's a tricky one as if he limps off early on we are wasting a sub.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #277 on: May 25, 2018, 12:34:02 PM »

It's a tricky one as if he limps off early on we are wasting a sub.

The player himself will know that as well so I expect he would be honest and advise the Manager himself. Always a danger with a hamstring is marking a fast player that a quick turn or burst of speed could do it damage.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #278 on: May 25, 2018, 12:51:54 PM »
I’ve been shitting bricks for a week now - never been so nervous before a Villa game

I'm relaxed about the game I have faith in the lads to beat Fulham we have a good team experienced I know we don't do things easy at Villa but I've got that feeling this is our time Chico.

I'm in a similar place Darren. Experience, will to win, and on our day style... Jack has stepped up before, hopefully he was not be trying too hard in the wrong way, he can certainly can afford to be more confident these days...

Seeing the Rolling Stones @ Olympic stadium tonight as my warm up for the main event, wondering what would be the most appropriate song they might play?

Offline Comrade Blitz

• GM : 25.05.2019
« Reply #279 on: May 25, 2018, 01:10:55 PM »
I'd like to see Villa come out blazing and attack the fuck out of them - they won't know what's hit them  - go 2 up really quickly then steal a few more as they leave themselves exposed at the back.

Fuck the fuckers.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #280 on: May 25, 2018, 01:15:37 PM »
Seeing the Rolling Stones @ Olympic stadium tonight as my warm up for the main event, wondering what would be the most appropriate song they might play?

'Think I'm Going Mad'?
Forget that, it can only be 'Winning Ugly'.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 01:22:25 PM by Rudy Can't Fail »

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #281 on: May 25, 2018, 01:54:39 PM »

I think I would actually be thrown out for masturbating if that happened :)

I am very excited but not nervous and I think I know the reason why. It is not because I am overly confident it is because I am not fearful of losing.
Both recent FA cup finals I was a bag of nerves as all my life I have wanted to see us lift the FA cup - between each time I have been it was 15 years and as I am getting older I fear that the next time would be the last time I get the chance so a lot of my footballing life is riding on it (hence how gutted I was at both feeble efforts we provided in 2000 and 2015)

Tomorrow is different - of course if we lose it will mean a change of Manager, a big change in personnel as we would obviously lose a good few players, but it could also be the start of something bigger with the next generation as we rebuild from within (of course the other side is we fall away into oblivion like all the other fading ex teams such as Forest / Wednesday / Leeds etc). I, like a good few on here, have enjoyed the 2nd season in the championship as we started the season as one of 10 teams who could actually win it never mind getting in the playoffs and that has been really exciting. Watching the latter stages of the season and looking out for other results was a real thrill and reminded me of previous promotions and when we won the league in 81 .Lets face it for 15 teams in the Premiership next season the first game is the start of a relegation battle and we would be in it.

Either way - really hope tomorrow is a great game and we get the right result.

UTV
Completely agree with your sentiment Hookey, Mentally scarred  by the Arsenal no show, even my youngest son is worried. Probably not helped by me saying that this is probably the biggest game in our history with all that is at stake .

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #282 on: May 25, 2018, 02:19:26 PM »

'Think I'm Going Mad'?
Forget that, it can only be 'Winning Ugly'.
Jumping Jack Grealish

Fool ham to cry.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #283 on: May 25, 2018, 03:07:49 PM »
I think we'll do it, mainly because of the number of kicks-in-the-bollocks we've had stretching back to the 2010 League Cup final.  Our shitty run of luck can't continue any longer.  Tomorrow's the day it all changes.

Been saying 1-0 (Snodgrass) all week and I'm not changing my prediction now.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #284 on: May 25, 2018, 03:16:44 PM »
Desperate for a win and a party. It's not the biggest accomplishment we'd have ever achieved, but we haven't had many days to really really enjoy for a while now. Liverpool 2015 and I'm struggling to stretch for anything else since Bolton 2000. Few derby wins here and there which are great, but promotion would be excellent fun.

Hopefully a win, and Don't Look Back in Anger to play - that would be very fitting

UTV

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal