collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The plan to beat Fulham.  (Read 19188 times)

Offline Villafirst

Re: The plan to beat Fulham.
« Reply #135 on: May 22, 2018, 09:04:58 PM »
One stat really stands out for me: The lowest scorers in the Championship - SHA beat Fulham 3-1; they bottled it - a victory would've got them promoted automatically.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #136 on: May 23, 2018, 08:55:45 AM »
our goals seem to have dried up though in recent weeks. It will be tight I think just like Boro but what wouldn't I give for a win!

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #137 on: May 23, 2018, 10:34:20 AM »
I understand why people are suggesting bringing Bjarnason in for this game but, as I see it, there is absolutely no way that he’s not going to start with Jedinak for a game of this pressure and importance. Not a chance.

Was thinking more of Jedinak-Bjarni as the combo behind Jack.

Harsh on Hourihane who played well against Boro, think he might struggle more against Fulham though.

hourihane was dross in the game at craven cottage.

no-one covered themselves in glory in the second half (and adomah and grealish were missing) but he was particularly bad.

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #138 on: May 23, 2018, 10:36:43 AM »
additionally, ryan fredericks at right back was far more dangerous than sessegnon at craven cottage in february.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #139 on: May 23, 2018, 12:41:07 PM »
This is how we lined up in Feb, so Grealish hasn't played in either game against them this season. Both he and Adomah were kicked black and blue in the local derby win and missed out, and Fulham had a full strength team out.
Who knows?...

Johnstone
Chester
Hutton
Terry
Elmohamady (45) - Onomah
Tuanzebe
Snodgrass (88) - Davis
Hourihane
Jedinak (67) - Grabban
Bjarnason
Hogan

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #140 on: May 23, 2018, 12:44:25 PM »
I met a Fulham fan who said they are going to play Kamara on Hutton to free up Sessegnon.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #141 on: May 23, 2018, 12:50:24 PM »
I met a Fulham fan who said they are going to play Kamara on Hutton to free up Sessegnon.

Leave a lot of space for Albert and Jack then.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #142 on: May 23, 2018, 12:50:52 PM »
This is how we lined up in Feb, so Grealish hasn't played in either game against them this season. Both he and Adomah were kicked black and blue in the local derby win and missed out, and Fulham had a full strength team out.
Who knows?...

Johnstone
Chester
Hutton
Terry
Elmohamady (45) - Onomah
Tuanzebe
Snodgrass (88) - Davis
Hourihane
Jedinak (67) - Grabban
Bjarnason
Hogan

Elmo getting injured is what changed the game.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #143 on: May 23, 2018, 05:56:32 PM »
If there is a more uppity bunch of c***s who have got well above themselves for no fucking reason, it’s the fucking dingles.

They have spent too much time listening to don fucking goodman on sky who for some fucking reason thinks they are going to win the legue next year.

They aren’t a bad team, in this league, but they ain’t fucking world beaters and no way will they be challenging the upper echelons of the league next year.

Uppity fucking c***s.

Indeed. I have said more than enough about that lot in H+V.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #144 on: May 23, 2018, 07:18:43 PM »
Too many people are getting too nervous about Saturday. We are a long way from being a shoe in for victory. But...

Jack Grealish did not feature in either game against them.

We have a Premier League ref. They won't be any good but will give us free kicks for fun for fouls on Jack and Snoddy.  Slightest touch, over they go and free kick. It was a feature of the refereeing against Boro.

They will so be ably assisted by the best ref in the division who is our captain. They are star fuckers at the best of times but "JT back at Wembley for a last hurrah"? Fulham will get fuck all off him.

They bottled it at the Blues in front on an expectant away crowd. Christ only knows what they will make of dealing with 40k of us that is important. They have never played us home or away when it has been important since Sky invented football. They might have a much bigger crowd than normal that want a day out. It won't wash in comparison.

Our lot will strut around Wembley like we belong rather than shitting it about the opposition. Last time we did that we dismantled Leeds.

I cancelled the hotel and am doing it in a very long day. That means that 7 hours on the piss after is required and I can't do it.

We have never lost a match when Woodhall was sat next to me (bar Peterbrough in the cup and he just sat there, it wasn't his actual seat). He is sat by me on Saturday.

A bloke contacted me earlier who has owed me £20 for around 15 years. He is handing it over on Saturday.

Charlie got the highest possible score in his homework.

It is on Rotterdam day.

I have next week off on holiday.

Albert is due a goal and so is McCafu.

And if we lose? Who cares that much? It won't be nice but we will still be in a league that is an actual competition. Where we win more than we lose. The pressure on going up this year is all financial rather than fun.

Stop shitting your trousers. We will be just fine regardless.

They are underestimating just what a job Jack will do Saturday and that will be his real breakout game. We don't shit our pants and concede late goals any more. Our creative players are very different to what went to Craven Cottage in February.

Fuck the fuckers.  Let them worry about us.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #145 on: May 23, 2018, 07:36:42 PM »
Amen brother, amen.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #146 on: May 23, 2018, 08:25:39 PM »
Too many people are getting too nervous about Saturday. We are a long way from being a shoe in for victory. But...

Jack Grealish did not feature in either game against them.

We have a Premier League ref. They won't be any good but will give us free kicks for fun for fouls on Jack and Snoddy.  Slightest touch, over they go and free kick. It was a feature of the refereeing against Boro.

They will so be ably assisted by the best ref in the division who is our captain. They are star fuckers at the best of times but "JT back at Wembley for a last hurrah"? Fulham will get fuck all off him.

They bottled it at the Blues in front on an expectant away crowd. Christ only knows what they will make of dealing with 40k of us that is important. They have never played us home or away when it has been important since Sky invented football. They might have a much bigger crowd than normal that want a day out. It won't wash in comparison.

Our lot will strut around Wembley like we belong rather than shitting it about the opposition. Last time we did that we dismantled Leeds.

I cancelled the hotel and am doing it in a very long day. That means that 7 hours on the piss after is required and I can't do it.

We have never lost a match when Woodhall was sat next to me (bar Peterbrough in the cup and he just sat there, it wasn't his actual seat). He is sat by me on Saturday.

A bloke contacted me earlier who has owed me £20 for around 15 years. He is handing it over on Saturday.

Charlie got the highest possible score in his homework.

It is on Rotterdam day.

I have next week off on holiday.

Albert is due a goal and so is McCafu.

And if we lose? Who cares that much? It won't be nice but we will still be in a league that is an actual competition. Where we win more than we lose. The pressure on going up this year is all financial rather than fun.

Stop shitting your trousers. We will be just fine regardless.

They are underestimating just what a job Jack will do Saturday and that will be his real breakout game. We don't shit our pants and concede late goals any more. Our creative players are very different to what went to Craven Cottage in February.

Fuck the fuckers.  Let them worry about us.

Now that is more like it. We have the player quality but more importantly I think our lot will want this more.

Bring it on  UTV

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #147 on: May 23, 2018, 09:04:13 PM »
Who knows?...

Johnstone
Chester
Hutton
Terry
Elmohamady (45) - Onomah
Tuanzebe
Snodgrass (88) - Davis
Hourihane
Jedinak (67) - Grabban
Bjarnason
Hogan

Interesting, we were pretty defensive that day weren't we!? Think we played Bjarni as a number 10 as we did that v PNE 3 days later and it predictably didn't work.

Worth remembering at the time Grabban was still getting up to speed and we also now have Kodjia as the wildcard option so miles more attacking options than in February.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal