collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Could we have a thread for Wembley travel options and pubs please  (Read 38931 times)

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Could we have a thread for Wembley travel options and pubs please
« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2018, 12:23:59 PM »
Tag line of this thread mentions pubs ....so i'll post on here.
On Saturday i'm travelling down on coaches from Villa Park....is anyone on here a regular totter at the Witton Arms
i was wondering if anyone knows what time it will open on Saturday in an effort to quaff a few before coach leaves.

No idea. Aston Social usually opens really early on days like this though.

Offline simon ward 50

« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2018, 12:57:15 PM »
Note: If travelling to Stanmore and parking up at the station you need to book the parking in advance!
Ickenham, Ruislip Manor or Ruislip might be better alternatives?

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2018, 01:38:24 PM »
Also advisory to anyone booked tickets from Moor st and hope to collect on the day. They only have one machine!!!

Most provisional railways have a ticket collection machine - I went to Hamstead in Birmingham and used my reference code and card I purchased with and they popped out.

Could save a lot of waiting on Saturday

UTV

Offline BlackCountryVilla

« Reply #108 on: May 23, 2018, 06:47:54 PM »
I was planning to catch the Chiltern at Cradley Heath rather than a busy Moor street.
I have just had a quick look and it looks as though they are not calling at Cradley now. I am assuming they will all start from Moor Street then.
Anyone else noticed this this? If you were planning to get on at Stourbridge, Rowley etc it may be worth you checking!

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #109 on: May 23, 2018, 07:11:56 PM »
PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt ^^^

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #110 on: May 23, 2018, 07:21:12 PM »
I was planning to catch the Chiltern at Cradley Heath rather than a busy Moor street.
I have just had a quick look and it looks as though they are not calling at Cradley now. I am assuming they will all start from Moor Street then.
Anyone else noticed this this? If you were planning to get on at Stourbridge, Rowley etc it may be worth you checking!

Chiltern stopped going past snow hill years ago.

« Reply #111 on: May 23, 2018, 07:27:10 PM »

Chiltern stopped going past snow hill years ago.

Chiltern Still run to Kiddy.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #112 on: May 23, 2018, 07:27:58 PM »
Do they? Didn't know that.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #113 on: May 23, 2018, 07:28:58 PM »

anyone know if Chiltern tickets are good to use on any of their trains (same route) or just the specific time on the confirmation email ?

i know Virgin are fuckers for them being 'the exact train' only

Depends what sort of ticket you have bought. If it's an advance ticket (i.e. generally cheaper than an open return) it will probably be valid only on the train you booked it against.

Mine is a specific time train down but open on the way back for a week. So I could get really pissed and catch the 10.10 to Brum.

Jocko McClyde(s) - Fancy Swiss Cottage before the game?

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #114 on: May 23, 2018, 07:29:34 PM »
Do they? Didn't know that.

I am starting at Stour that morning.

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #115 on: May 23, 2018, 07:44:19 PM »

The train has changed now, but there is a train from Rowley Regis at 8:30 that goes to Birmingham Moor Street and then it's a 5 minute wait to get the train to Wembley. It says it's a 'change' so looks like possibly getting off and queuing in Brum Moor Street as opposed my cunning plan of already being on the train when it gets to Brum.

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #116 on: May 23, 2018, 07:55:59 PM »
As an aside, if you buy a family ticket it's actually cheaper than buying a an adult ticket. Is it any wonder our railways are a mess?

« Reply #117 on: May 23, 2018, 09:39:24 PM »

The train has changed now, but there is a train from Rowley Regis at 8:30 that goes to Birmingham Moor Street and then it's a 5 minute wait to get the train to Wembley. It says it's a 'change' so looks like possibly getting off and queuing in Brum Moor Street as opposed my cunning plan of already being on the train when it gets to Brum.

That was my "cunning plan" too. The plan was to bag a table seat as per my 79 year old fathers request!
No real drama - there are 3 trains an hour from 9 at Moor street. I am not bothered about the return journey as I have a hotel booked.

I just wanted to give others the heads up.

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #118 on: May 23, 2018, 11:50:55 PM »
Tag line of this thread mentions pubs ....so i'll post on here.
On Saturday i'm travelling down on coaches from Villa Park....is anyone on here a regular totter at the Witton Arms
i was wondering if anyone knows what time it will open on Saturday in an effort to quaff a few before coach leaves.

No idea. Aston Social usually opens really early on days like this though.

Witton Arms usually opens at 11 on Sundays, but I'd be amazed if they passed up the opportunity of opening earlier.

Offline simon ward 50

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal