collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:14:26 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Could we have a thread for Wembley travel options and pubs please  (Read 38685 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Could we have a thread for Wembley travel options and pubs please
« Reply #150 on: May 25, 2018, 08:10:27 PM »
I'm getting the Virgin Train from New St to Euston.The guy at the ticket office said it would go the long round via Stafford ! (because of the work at Coventry) I think I am getting more nervous about getting to Wembley than the game itself.

Probably too late but if you can I'd say just drive to Coventry and get it from there as it's then normal route and times into london.

It is all a pain though, going to Slam Dunk festival at NEC on Monday and will have to get the bus instead of a quick 10 minute in and out train.

Nothing like getting down to Wembley but still annoying.

Online Lsvilla

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #151 on: May 25, 2018, 08:15:41 PM »
Does anyone know from previous experience if the trains leave moor st full ie: is there much chance of getting on at Warwick Parkway (I don’t mind standing) if aiming for one going through Parkway about 9.30 ? Otherwise option is drive to somewhere like Harrow I guess ?

If you haven't got your train tickets I'd say go to Leamington instead, get the cross country one down to Oxford or Reading (about 50 minutes) then get one in to London Paddington. Probably similar price and you will actually get a seat.
Thanks for taking the time to reply - appreciated. Decided to drive to High Wycombe and park there then train into Wembley - got a room at the Hilton so really wanted somewhere the motor will (should) be safe and then to get in early drop luggage and head to a decent pub. Did Swiss Cottage for the Arsenal game - as I had in 1994 - but the result last time out puts me off jinxing things so probably heading for St Johns Wood where I know a couple decent boozers found as a result of my cricketing days at Lords. Starting to get up for it now work is done for the week.

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #152 on: May 25, 2018, 10:30:36 PM »
My nephew has decided to park and ride for this (possibly, just possibly, because he left it too late to make other arrangements) and I said Uxbridge then Metropolitan line to Wembley Park seemed popular. Does anyone have any better ideas or additional info eg places to park, how early to arrive etc? Please and thank you.

Offline devilla

• GM : Nov, 2012
« Reply #153 on: May 25, 2018, 10:39:37 PM »
Thanks to those who've given advice about pubs. I think we'll go to the Wetherspoons or the Volunteer at Baker Street, may see some of you guys in there. UTV.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #154 on: May 25, 2018, 11:14:07 PM »
My nephew has decided to park and ride for this (possibly, just possibly, because he left it too late to make other arrangements) and I said Uxbridge then Metropolitan line to Wembley Park seemed popular. Does anyone have any better ideas or additional info eg places to park, how early to arrive etc? Please and thank you.

Done Uxbridge a few times before Wembley. There’s a multi storey car park by the big shopping centre, plenty of pubs and places to eat near the tube station and dead easy getting to Wembley.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #155 on: May 25, 2018, 11:18:49 PM »
I'm getting the Virgin Train from New St to Euston.The guy at the ticket office said it would go the long round via Stafford ! (because of the work at Coventry) I think I am getting more nervous about getting to Wembley than the game itself.

Probably too late but if you can I'd say just drive to Coventry and get it from there as it's then normal route and times into london.

It is all a pain though, going to Slam Dunk festival at NEC on Monday and will have to get the bus instead of a quick 10 minute in and out train.

Nothing like getting down to Wembley but still annoying.
It’s not too late as Frank can still drive to Cov it’s only about £6 to park for the day and catch the train from there using the same ticket.

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #156 on: May 26, 2018, 07:05:55 AM »
Coming up from down sarf - Victoria to Marylebone to Wembley stadium. Easier journey than usual trip up to Brum.

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #157 on: May 26, 2018, 10:51:18 AM »
Minimal queues at Moor st today. Queues limited to platform not stretching on to street, 20 minutes wait. Hope it continues.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #158 on: May 26, 2018, 01:09:43 PM »
Fuckers. However, I've managed to convince my companions to jump out of the uber before the fucking g**** m**, and we're now about to have a curry!

Online Martin Carruthers

« Reply #159 on: May 26, 2018, 01:12:34 PM »
Amazingly quiet at Moor Street, was mentally prepared for the supposed 90 minutes wait.

Online Olof's Beard

« Reply #160 on: May 26, 2018, 01:47:32 PM »
Trying to make it to the Green Man but life and idiocy keeps getting in the way.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #161 on: May 26, 2018, 01:54:54 PM »
Amazingly quiet at Moor Street, was mentally prepared for the supposed 90 minutes wait.

Probably was around that at 9-10am and people getting the early trains down.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #162 on: May 15, 2019, 02:39:40 PM »
Bumpity Bump

Please add any new ideas

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #163 on: May 15, 2019, 04:56:02 PM »
Green Man will be great. Full of Villa, loads of shouting, near the ground. No need to try pubs anywhere else in the city imo.

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #164 on: May 15, 2019, 06:56:01 PM »
Big Green Coaches are doing pick ups at City Centre, Erdington, Kings Heath, Bromsgrove, Halesowen, Lichfield, Stourbridge and Sutton Coldfield. £23

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal