collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Play-Off Final Tickets  (Read 67313 times)

Offline AsTallAsLions

Re: Play-Off Final Tickets
« Reply #210 on: May 17, 2018, 03:13:46 PM »
Anyone know how much we've sold so far? Roughly of course - I get that they're shifting by decent numbers in real time.

Online UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #211 on: May 17, 2018, 03:18:25 PM »
Are we designating a date/time to start panicking about the non-arrival of tickets ?

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #212 on: May 17, 2018, 03:21:57 PM »
Hi all for those who don't want to stand, get tickets which are not behind the goals. This is based on our previous visits to Wembley finals at the new Wembley, where everyone behind the goal upper middle and lower tier were standing. We have to think of those who want to sit, so let's segregate standing supporters to those who want to sit.

Oh...
if dont stand don't get tickets in areas where villa usually Stand at Wembley. Plenty of standing against boro in the semi it was a great advert for standing.

Anybody else getting deja vu?

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #213 on: May 17, 2018, 03:23:45 PM »
I considered trying to get tickets as a surprise for my son but notice that the only time we've been this season both tickets were assigned to my client reference. On the plus side I won't be as skint as I thought I'd be.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #214 on: May 17, 2018, 03:25:13 PM »
Are we designating a date/time to start panicking about the non-arrival of tickets ?
Wednesday next week I say.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #215 on: May 17, 2018, 03:31:37 PM »
Hi all for those who don't want to stand, get tickets which are not behind the goals. This is based on our previous visits to Wembley finals at the new Wembley, where everyone behind the goal upper middle and lower tier were standing. We have to think of those who want to sit, so let's segregate standing supporters to those who want to sit.
Are you starting this one man/woman segregation revolution? All my previous visits have shown that you have to stand everywhere due to inter-dispersal  of all types of fans.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #216 on: May 17, 2018, 03:33:12 PM »
Fulham have apparently sold 24,000 in the past 48 hours but sales have now stalled.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #217 on: May 17, 2018, 03:42:22 PM »
Fulham have apparently sold 24,000 in the past 48 hours but sales have now stalled.

Yup a mate of mine said they had sold 22,500 last night - 5 per season ticket holder!

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #218 on: May 17, 2018, 03:43:09 PM »

Yup a mate of mine said they had sold 22,500 last night - 5 per season ticket holder!

Ridiculous

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #219 on: May 17, 2018, 03:46:21 PM »
Club Wembley seats are on sale for the wallet fans.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #220 on: May 17, 2018, 03:46:50 PM »
I am angry but now I've slept on it, i can accept that the volume of traffic has contributed to the problems. In previous seasons, they've sold by the stand your ST is in, so the Trinity always had first choice of seats. At least this way, everyone had an equal opportunity even if it was a bit of a lottery whether you got through or not.

I'm in the area i wanted to be in, albeit not as good position as i would have been had I got in 3 hours earlier. Oh well, if we pull it off, all will be forgiven.

With regards to those with 3 games on their references, looking at the wording on the website, I'd say that you're guaranteed a ticket. It's only after your date that it states "subject to availability "

Thanks for cheering me up!

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #221 on: May 17, 2018, 03:49:59 PM »
I would disagree that us ticket buyers from yesterday were "panicking".

Some of us (me) care about our location in the stadium and after securing a place in the queue expecting to be dealt with within 10 minutes, it was an utterly frustrating experience to spend the next 3 hours being repeatedly being bombed out of the site, only to ultimately discover the seats we should have got were long gone.

If you're lucky enough to be in the first tranche, then who wouldn't want their first preference?

100% this.

Ironically, new blocks have become available today that are in far better positions than the ones that were available to me last night. I didn't have the option of a £98 seat last night but an entire block appeared this morning.

I spent an hour on the phone this morning, only to be put through to the Manchester company, where I was met with some girl who couldn't care less and told me to email the club. I then spent another hour waiting to get through to the club only to be told that it was not up to them when the blocks were issued but by Wembley themselves and that they couldn't exchange seats. Whether this is true or not, I don't know but it is clear that nobody gives a toss about the fans or where they end up sitting.

I appreciate that they only have a short time in which to distribute tickets but the way they have done it stinks.

The club Wembley seats have become available today - which is where I wanted to sit - but I couldn't risk that this would definitely happen and so booked elsewhere.  If other years are anything to go by, the absolute best seats will become available for non season-ticket holders - this year this will be club Wembley on the halfway line (I don't think the Playoff Final is included in club Wembley season tickets). It doesn't seem very fair.

I think i saw something somewhere (i know, very precise) saying that our ticketsd would be released  starting from the north then block by block heading west and south.

Online dalians umbrella

« Reply #222 on: May 17, 2018, 03:55:37 PM »

Some of us (me) care about our location in the stadium and after securing a place in the queue expecting to be dealt with within 10 minutes, it was an utterly frustrating experience to spend the next 3 hours being repeatedly being bombed out of the site, only to ultimately discover the seats we should have got were long gone.

If you're lucky enough to be in the first tranche, then who wouldn't want their first preference?

100% this.

Ironically, new blocks have become available today that are in far better positions than the ones that were available to me last night. I didn't have the option of a £98 seat last night but an entire block appeared this morning.

I spent an hour on the phone this morning, only to be put through to the Manchester company, where I was met with some girl who couldn't care less and told me to email the club. I then spent another hour waiting to get through to the club only to be told that it was not up to them when the blocks were issued but by Wembley themselves and that they couldn't exchange seats. Whether this is true or not, I don't know but it is clear that nobody gives a toss about the fans or where they end up sitting.

I appreciate that they only have a short time in which to distribute tickets but the way they have done it stinks.

The club Wembley seats have become available today - which is where I wanted to sit - but I couldn't risk that this would definitely happen and so booked elsewhere.  If other years are anything to go by, the absolute best seats will become available for non season-ticket holders - this year this will be club Wembley on the halfway line (I don't think the Playoff Final is included in club Wembley season tickets). It doesn't seem very fair.

I think i saw something somewhere (i know, very precise) saying that our ticketsd would be released  starting from the north then block by block heading west and south.

It did say that which was why I was prepared to wait for the blocks I wanted. But when I got on yesterday, block 124 (category 1) was on sale which is more south than most of the club Wembley blocks (also category 1)  - it is nearly on the halfway line - so this made me think they weren't going from north to south (which really they aren't). 

Club Wembley is probably now going to be released from north to south but in terms of category 1, it's gone - very south, then less south, then more south again.  Nest it will be "Mouth of the South" Jimmy Hart.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #223 on: May 17, 2018, 04:15:01 PM »

100% this.

It did say that which was why I was prepared to wait for the blocks I wanted. But when I got on yesterday, block 124 (category 1) was on sale which is more south than most of the club Wembley blocks (also category 1)  - it is nearly on the halfway line - so this made me think they weren't going from north to south (which really they aren't). 

Club Wembley is probably now going to be released from north to south but in terms of category 1, it's gone - very south, then less south, then more south again.  Nest it will be "Mouth of the South" Jimmy Hart.

I actually got level 2 last night at around 8ish but this was after you'd already posted that you'd purchased. There wasn't much available but I managed to get 3 together right in the corner.

The whole thing has been an absolute shambles.

This morning, block 229 became available.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #224 on: May 17, 2018, 04:51:19 PM »
Moaning at the fact you've got a bloody ticket. It's all a bit silly really isn't it? What a silly obsession to have, which exact seat you have in a ground holding 90k+.

Still horses for courses. Could have been worse, it might have been a Cup Final and you'd have been even more restricted; not that you'd' have wanted to go of course.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal