collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Monty
[Today at 10:41:53 PM]

Champions League Contention by Footy-Vill
[Today at 10:39:14 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by AV84
[Today at 10:33:34 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Footy-Vill
[Today at 10:31:35 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by The Edge
[Today at 10:26:27 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 10:07:52 PM]

150 celebrations by curiousorange
[Today at 10:05:45 PM]

NSWE Investment by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:31:36 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Play-Off Final Tickets  (Read 67394 times)

Offline Brassneck

Re: Play-Off Final Tickets
« Reply #195 on: May 17, 2018, 01:32:29 PM »
Would be surprised if we sell out completely think people are panicking far too early.  If anyone needs a Fulham ref as I sat in the neutral end last season the Easter game

The FA Cup final in 2015 went to general sale if I remember rightly.

On a tangent, I hope everyone gives the club some stick over these Manchester muppets that they've entrusted with dealing with our fans - They clearly don't care twopence. It reminds me of the bad old days when Reg Gutteridge or whatever his name was, was in charge of ticketing.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #196 on: May 17, 2018, 01:34:31 PM »
2015 went down to 5 credits

Online Lsvilla

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #197 on: May 17, 2018, 01:42:27 PM »
But on a lower allocation - can you remember how many c28k feels about right ?

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #198 on: May 17, 2018, 01:44:52 PM »
But on a lower allocation - can you remember how many c28k feels about right ?
FA Cup Final was only 25k tickets. The semi was 33k which went to general sale I believe.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #199 on: May 17, 2018, 01:48:16 PM »
Basically we are not man ure quite yet. Can’t see anyone who really needs a brief not getting one

Offline Dave Javu

• GM : 31.07.2019
« Reply #200 on: May 17, 2018, 02:29:03 PM »
I would disagree that us ticket buyers from yesterday were "panicking".

Some of us (me) care about our location in the stadium and after securing a place in the queue expecting to be dealt with within 10 minutes, it was an utterly frustrating experience to spend the next 3 hours being repeatedly being bombed out of the site, only to ultimately discover the seats we should have got were long gone.

If you're lucky enough to be in the first tranche, then who wouldn't want their first preference?

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #201 on: May 17, 2018, 02:32:18 PM »
It reminds me of the bad old days when Reg Gutteridge or whatever his name was, was in charge of ticketing.

Ray Fairfax? I liked him, he told me he loved me once

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #202 on: May 17, 2018, 02:35:24 PM »

Some of us (me) care about our location in the stadium and after securing a place in the queue expecting to be dealt with within 10 minutes, it was an utterly frustrating experience to spend the next 3 hours being repeatedly being bombed out of the site, only to ultimately discover the seats we should have got were long gone.

If you're lucky enough to be in the first tranche, then who wouldn't want their first preference?

100% this.

Ironically, new blocks have become available today that are in far better positions than the ones that were available to me last night. I didn't have the option of a £98 seat last night but an entire block appeared this morning.

I spent an hour on the phone this morning, only to be put through to the Manchester company, where I was met with some girl who couldn't care less and told me to email the club. I then spent another hour waiting to get through to the club only to be told that it was not up to them when the blocks were issued but by Wembley themselves and that they couldn't exchange seats. Whether this is true or not, I don't know but it is clear that nobody gives a toss about the fans or where they end up sitting.

I appreciate that they only have a short time in which to distribute tickets but the way they have done it stinks.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #203 on: May 17, 2018, 02:38:03 PM »
It reminds me of the bad old days when Reg Gutteridge or whatever his name was, was in charge of ticketing.

I had a big row with him in the old ticket office in the North Stand. It was back in the day when we had those cards that had a stamp for every away game you went to. I found out that box holders and corporates could get tickets without attending any previous games or having a stamped card.
In hindsight I can see how naïve I was but at the time I was young and idealistic, now I'm much older and cynical about almost everything that ever happens. Anywhere. Ever.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #204 on: May 17, 2018, 02:38:54 PM »

That's him - I was getting mixed up with the boxing commentator.

He was an absolute arrogant arsehole and all his staff thought they could talk to their paying customers the same way. I don't know who he thought he was but he should never, ever have been let loose on the general public, his customer service skills were none existent. I ended up just winding him up every time I went in there.

Offline avfc pride

« Reply #205 on: May 17, 2018, 02:48:03 PM »
Hi all for those who don't want to stand, get tickets which are not behind the goals. This is based on our previous visits to Wembley finals at the new Wembley, where everyone behind the goal upper middle and lower tier were standing. We have to think of those who want to sit, so let's segregate standing supporters to those who want to sit.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #206 on: May 17, 2018, 02:51:18 PM »
Hi all for those who don't want to stand, get tickets which are not behind the goals. This is based on our previous visits to Wembley finals at the new Wembley, where everyone behind the goal upper middle and lower tier were standing. We have to think of those who want to sit, so let's segregate standing supporters to those who want to sit.

Oh...

Offline avfc pride

« Reply #207 on: May 17, 2018, 02:55:10 PM »

Oh...
if dont stand don't get tickets in areas where villa usually Stand at Wembley. Plenty of standing against boro in the semi it was a great advert for standing.

Offline dalians umbrella

« Reply #208 on: May 17, 2018, 03:06:04 PM »

100% this.

Ironically, new blocks have become available today that are in far better positions than the ones that were available to me last night. I didn't have the option of a £98 seat last night but an entire block appeared this morning.

I spent an hour on the phone this morning, only to be put through to the Manchester company, where I was met with some girl who couldn't care less and told me to email the club. I then spent another hour waiting to get through to the club only to be told that it was not up to them when the blocks were issued but by Wembley themselves and that they couldn't exchange seats. Whether this is true or not, I don't know but it is clear that nobody gives a toss about the fans or where they end up sitting.

I appreciate that they only have a short time in which to distribute tickets but the way they have done it stinks.

The club Wembley seats have become available today - which is where I wanted to sit - but I couldn't risk that this would definitely happen and so booked elsewhere.  If other years are anything to go by, the absolute best seats will become available for non season-ticket holders - this year this will be club Wembley on the halfway line (I don't think the Playoff Final is included in club Wembley season tickets). It doesn't seem very fair.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 03:07:48 PM by dalians umbrella »

Offline dalians umbrella

« Reply #209 on: May 17, 2018, 03:12:43 PM »

I'm afraid people seem to stand everywhere at Wembley - each of the last 3 times I've been, I've been on the sidelines lower tier and people have stood. The  last 2 times, I've witnessed parents with children threatened with violence for asking people to sit down. At the FA Cup Final, the aggressor was actually a parent too and his own child started crying.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal