collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Play-Off Final Tickets  (Read 67301 times)

Offline QuintonVilla

Re: Play-Off Final Tickets
« Reply #255 on: May 18, 2018, 08:10:39 AM »
Some blocks haven't been released yet or have only been partly released. I reckon we've sold around 23,000.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #256 on: May 18, 2018, 08:27:59 AM »
The thing that has surprised me about the distribution of final tickets is the length of window for SSN tkt holders and members to purchase their tkts and the fact that there wasn't a 5th category eg for 10+ match ticket holders before going down to 3+ on Sunday. Someone who attended scum, wolves and the playoff semi at home has the same opportunity as someone who's a non SSN tkt holder, but has attended quite a few home games over the season.

Online ajmant

« Reply #257 on: May 18, 2018, 09:05:05 AM »
Some blocks haven't been released yet or have only been partly released. I reckon we've sold around 23,000.

Exactly. It's on the villa website that they will be released block by block so while the numbers left appear to be low, tickets haven't been released for a good chunk of the ground yet. Not sure why they do it like this though and just not open the whole of the allocation to those who can buy seats.   

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #258 on: May 18, 2018, 09:08:22 AM »
Block 245 was shown as sold out on Wednesday evening....we got tickets in there pretty comfortably yesterday afternoon! They've definitely held some back....in all areas/blocks I would imagine. UTFV!

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #259 on: May 18, 2018, 09:52:05 AM »
I’ve read somewhere that offers of tix for Fulham neutral end purchasers exclude ones purchased against Villa.
I read it too.

Offline avfc pride

« Reply #260 on: May 18, 2018, 10:54:09 AM »
Having just logged in to see what's left in each block, it's starting to look very low indeed already. Hovering over each block, it's telling me this:

Top tier: 2,858 remaining
Middle tier: 182 remaining
Bottom tier: 988 remaining

Total: 4,028

My son and I are ST holders but want to bring along my girlfriend and other son (there we haven't secured our tickets yet) who are in the 3+ games category that opens on Sunday. If those numbers remaining are accurate, Sunday at 5pm is going to be one almighty scramble online.
thanks for that il send it round to all the whats app group's im in, to create a a situation where there's a higher density of standing supporters together to avoid those who want to sit.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #261 on: May 18, 2018, 11:49:46 AM »
Having just logged in to see what's left in each block, it's starting to look very low indeed already. Hovering over each block, it's telling me this:

My son and I are ST holders but want to bring along my girlfriend and other son (there we haven't secured our tickets yet) who are in the 3+ games category that opens on Sunday. If those numbers remaining are accurate, Sunday at 5pm is going to be one almighty scramble online.
thanks for that il send it round to all the whats app group's im in, to create a a situation where there's a higher density of standing supporters together to avoid those who want to sit.
You're definitely on the wind up with this standing lark.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #262 on: May 18, 2018, 11:49:49 AM »

Exactly. It's on the villa website that they will be released block by block so while the numbers left appear to be low, tickets haven't been released for a good chunk of the ground yet. Not sure why they do it like this though and just not open the whole of the allocation to those who can buy seats.   

I would guess it's because if there's any shortfall in ticket sales better to have a full block and an empty one that two that are half-full. This will help segregation and also mean that if one club sells more than another, extra tickets can be made available for the one who's sold out. 

Offline Ashby Villa

« Reply #263 on: May 18, 2018, 12:34:35 PM »
One for the experts. If we get another 2,000 odd tickets returned from Fulham, will 40,000 be the biggest Villa crowd since Wembley 96? (assuming there are more than 2,660 away fans at a sell out VP)

Offline ez

« Reply #264 on: May 18, 2018, 12:38:36 PM »
If anyone could help me out for one ticket that would be great.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #265 on: May 18, 2018, 01:29:22 PM »
One for the experts. If we get another 2,000 odd tickets returned from Fulham, will 40,000 be the biggest Villa crowd since Wembley 96? (assuming there are more than 2,660 away fans at a sell out VP)

I think we had a load against Bolton, maybe 50,000, as they never even got close to shifting their allocation.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #266 on: May 18, 2018, 01:32:19 PM »

I would guess it's because if there's any shortfall in ticket sales better to have a full block and an empty one that two that are half-full. This will help segregation and also mean that if one club sells more than another, extra tickets can be made available for the one who's sold out.

No - It's because they are trying to ensure that there is always availability across the spectrum, rather than there being limited options on priced/categories.

I'm very supportive of the ticket office but I don't think they've covered themselves in glory this time around. Blocks are popping up all over the place for purchase at random times. It should have been made available across the board on a first come, first serve basis. I can half live with perhaps the last blocks on one side being kept back for segregation but in doing so, you would be holding back prime seats.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #267 on: May 18, 2018, 01:45:34 PM »
It astonishes me there's value in re-selling for the play off final. Some of the prices on here are crazy - https://www.livefootballtickets.com/fixtures/championship-play-off-final-tickets-football-league-championship-play-off.html

Are people really paying that? Come Sunday/Monday it'll be pretty easy to get a ticket. I can't believe they're going 4x the price right now.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #268 on: May 18, 2018, 02:25:08 PM »

Have all the blocks been released though?

I cant imagine we have sold 34k tickets already.

Offline avfc pride

« Reply #269 on: May 18, 2018, 02:28:30 PM »

You're definitely on the wind up with this standing lark.
what's app groups have worked before to arrange standing areas.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal