collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Season tickets 18/19  (Read 4611 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Season tickets 18/19
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2018, 12:43:00 AM »
Over 20k now

It is pretty good going considering the seemingly endless stream of negative news surrounding the club at the moment.

It was the overwhelming grimness of the situation that made up my mind to renew.

I know it sounds corny, but the club need us. Then there's the fact that, whatever happens, it's not going to be boring.

Nothing would surprise me as things stand. I wouldn't be surprised if we went into administration, got docked ten points but got automatic promotion. It wouldn't surprise me if we got relegated.

Lest we forget, we are a club which once went from the third division to first division champions, champions of Europe, then back to the second division in 15 odd years (with a couple of league cups along the way).

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2018, 02:20:27 PM »
I've just been to VP and got a refund on my ST, the club have essentially lied to me so as a matter of principle been and got a refund.
All down to this fiasco of a scheme for 'Away ST's'. When they went on sale i was on holiday in Crete and for whatever reason i could
not access the portal to purchase. I then rang the ticket office and was told 'don't worry Mr Williams we'll sort when u get home'.
         That response satisfied me and i carried on with my holiday. On returning home went on-line to purchase and, yes you've guessed
it...they were sold out. I immediately phoned the club who had no record of my call from Crete and said it's full so tough.
Tried explaining that i'm partially disabled and i always Travel on Coach 2 from VP and with my reference record for away games i was always able to get online immediately
they went on sale and get first dibs in as much as buying tickets where people aren't standing in front of me for duration of game.
          My tale of woe/ details were passed onto Bromley who did ring me back on a couple of occasions but essentially saying tough you will still
be able to purchase ticket for majority of games plus a coach ticket.
I tried explaining that by time i purchase coach 2 will be full and there probably wouldn't be any suitable tickets for me left anyway.
           All this could have been resolved by checking phone log and confirming conversation from Crete took place and accepted me onto scheme.
The fact that they won't check this means as a matter of principle i've cancelled a season ticket that i've held in various forms from 1972. I'm not after special
services as that would not be fair on others who also missed out.
           I will still go to majority of home games,my principles won't stop that, but my love for club is at an all time low currently without all the goings
on within the club itself, a great personal disappointment for me.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2018, 02:24:48 PM »
That's shit mate. Sounds like they haven't even bothered to be helpful.

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2018, 02:27:29 PM »
That's shit mate. Sounds like they haven't even bothered to be helpful.
Exactly

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal