collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by dave shelley
[Today at 09:33:06 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:19:21 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:15:25 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:14:59 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:06:45 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Chris Harte
[Today at 09:05:25 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The plan to beat Fulham.  (Read 19186 times)

Offline cheltenhamlion

Re: The plan to beat Fulham.
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2018, 06:26:25 PM »
My plan would be to kick lumps out of them and intimidate them from the kick off. In fact, I'd probably start in the tunnel on the way out.

do a crazy gang on em and act like lunatics in the tunnel. fulham aint no culture club.

I would have Hutton follow Sessegnon around for a couple of minutes then kick him from Wembley to Wycombe. Yellow card and apology. Yellow issued by Terry of course. Then let's see if the little shit wants to venture out of his own half again. If he doesn't then sign him afterwards!

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2018, 10:05:32 PM »
Think there’s a good case for Hutton to play right back to counter Sessegnon, rather than Bree, if Elmo is out

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2018, 10:16:53 PM »
I still think my plan is better.

*sniggers*

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2018, 10:17:18 PM »
I can't see Bruce changing the approach from the two Middlesbrough games really.  I think we will allow them to come on to us and try and hit them on the counter attack.  We've probably got enough quality to be able to do that and if a Jedinak plays then we will have enough height to cause them problems at set pieces.  Won't be pretty, but that doesn't matter now. 

I really hope you're wrong and instead we go out there and show them just how good we can be. It also plays into Fulham's hands, having us running around chasing the ball only for them to step it up in the second half, watch our players tire and pick us off at will.

It's a tough question for Bruce, what does he believe in more, his players or his tactics?

After seeing how we played against Middlesbrough, I can just see us going out and playing the exact same way.  I think we will be quite happy to let them play the ball around the back, then try and hit them on the break when possible.  I think we'll see exactly the same team unless one of the full-backs is fit and replaces Bree.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM »
Do we know who he ref is for the final, yet? Phil Does has retired hasn't he?

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2018, 10:40:01 PM »
Be very harsh on Jedinak to drop him for the next game, he’s been fantastic in all our big games.

I would still consider doing it mind

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2018, 11:06:17 PM »
Be very harsh on Jedinak to drop him for the next game, he’s been fantastic in all our big games.

Drop Hourihane instead....

I don't think SB will do any of that though. Only change I can really see is if AEM makes quick recovery.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2018, 12:21:52 AM »
I can't see Bruce changing the approach from the two Middlesbrough games really.  I think we will allow them to come on to us and try and hit them on the counter attack.  We've probably got enough quality to be able to do that and if a Jedinak plays then we will have enough height to cause them problems at set pieces.  Won't be pretty, but that doesn't matter now. 

I really hope you're wrong and instead we go out there and show them just how good we can be. It also plays into Fulham's hands, having us running around chasing the ball only for them to step it up in the second half, watch our players tire and pick us off at will.

It's a tough question for Bruce, what does he believe in more, his players or his tactics?

After seeing how we played against Middlesbrough, I can just see us going out and playing the exact same way.  I think we will be quite happy to let them play the ball around the back, then try and hit them on the break when possible.  I think we'll see exactly the same team unless one of the full-backs is fit and replaces Bree.

Donald Trump tactics. One size fits all. I hope not.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2018, 01:40:09 AM »

Agree.  Jedinak is a real asset when we play physical sides, especially those who like to play direct.  He is very good in the air and he adds a lot to set pieces, particularly the defensive ones.  His distribution can be poor at times, but if anyone ever wanted to see the benefits he can bring to a side then those two games against Middlesbrough were excellent examples (as were his performances against Blues, albeit one was off the bench). 

Fulham seem to try and get the ball to Mitrovic quite a lot, so Jedinak might be tasked with looking after him.  That said, they try and find his feet which involves more of a shielding job and is something Whelan and Bjarnason could do.  I would say those two are better in possession than Jedinak and if we are going there with the intention of playing some football then one of those two might get the nod.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2018, 02:17:10 AM »
One thing I really like about Bjarnason in the defensive central midfield role is he very often looks to play the ball forward, to feet and through the middle. He's also no afraid to pick up the ball and bring it forward himself which immediately creates panic for the opposition and opens up space for our attackers to be more threatening. It's a great alternative to knocking it wide to Snoddy or Albert every time and allows the to get in more advanced positions where they can punish defenders rather than having to beat the full back to get a cross in.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2018, 05:49:37 AM »
I agree Bjarnason does bring a lot more quality to that deep role and can help us keep the ball

I remember against norwich’s fluid midfield that we had huge gaps in front of the defence. I can’t see Bruce taking that risk here

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2018, 08:57:32 AM »
Jedinak was excellent against the Wolves at home. They're a much better side than Fulham. He had experience of Play Off finals, he has the quality and should start.

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2018, 10:05:29 AM »
Jedinak was excellent against the Wolves at home. They're a much better side than Fulham. He had experience of Play Off finals, he has the quality and should start.

Agree. The Jed is a big game player and has to start.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2018, 10:16:45 AM »
The plan to beat Fulham? It has to be that we score one more goal than they do. There.... EASY😊

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2018, 10:37:22 AM »
We comfortably have the better defence but I’d have to concede that in Mitrovic and Sessignon, they have the slightly better attacking threat.

However I fancy us to shade it on the day due to a combination of Bruce’s play off know how and our team’s big game experience.

I’d be interested to know how many of our line up have played in Wembley finals compared to theirs. I think the majority of ours have and that could play a part of the day. Marginal gains and all that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal