collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The plan to beat Fulham.  (Read 19337 times)

Offline Matt Collins

Re: The plan to beat Fulham.
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2018, 10:39:08 AM »
The latter especially I reckon

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2018, 10:50:27 AM »

Offline Gerrin

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2018, 10:58:36 AM »
I was more concerned about getting past Boro over 2 games than playing Fulham at Wembley in a one off. There's no way we'll be as negative as we were last night against them.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2018, 11:09:21 AM »
We just went from underdogs to favourites in the last few minutes. Don't suppose some Fulham type has got injured or something?

Would it not be the bookies just opening for business, and updating their odds now we're in the final and not just the semis?  Also presumably taking a few quid on Villa to win as well.

They only had the two teams listed so it wasn't a case of they hadn't updated their odds after the semis. Fulham went from 6/4 on to 5/4 against in the space of thirty seconds (I have bet on them as a cover bet). They are back to odds-on again now so I did well to bet when I did.

Odds to lift the trophy not to win after 90 minutes, btw.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2018, 11:15:12 AM »
From what I remember from the October game Fulham were like Jaap Stam's Reading - lots of tippy-tappy passing round the back in their own half with no urgency, even when they were a goal down.  They're a different beast now though.

They looked vulnerable at the back against Derby so if Snod and Albert are in top form and Lewis/Kodj can convert their crosses then we have a chance.  Hopefully we'll give it a go for them to be in forward enough positions to do so.

Fulham were like that over both previous home games

They never play well at Villa Park for whatever reason, just 1 win in last 14 visits stretching back to 2001.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2018, 11:49:33 AM »
My plan would be to kick lumps out of them and intimidate them from the kick off. In fact, I'd probably start in the tunnel on the way out.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2018, 12:00:29 PM »
From what I remember from the October game Fulham were like Jaap Stam's Reading - lots of tippy-tappy passing round the back in their own half with no urgency, even when they were a goal down.  They're a different beast now though.

They looked vulnerable at the back against Derby so if Snod and Albert are in top form and Lewis/Kodj can convert their crosses then we have a chance.  Hopefully we'll give it a go for them to be in forward enough positions to do so.

They never play well at Villa Park for whatever reason, just 1 win in last 14 visits stretching back to 2001.

Guess who was in charge the last time they best us at home....

Offline ZhongYi

• "The left side (of the Holte)"
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2018, 12:14:38 PM »
gotta be 4th time lucky this time - even Holland would say as much  in comparison. I think the mass Villa support and our prestige will see us thru, but as an edge get Alan Hutton to mark that Sessignon player. Probably looking at a Tranmere 94 style win tbh.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2018, 12:24:44 PM »

The scorer of Fulham's first goal will amuse you aswell, was a great strike.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2018, 12:25:48 PM »

Was that the Kieron Richardson one?

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2018, 12:27:21 PM »

Was that the Kieron Richardson one?

Yes, think he smashed it in on the volley from 20 yards out. Thought it was the winner but Rodallega scored it. To make things more surreal Grant Holt scored his one villa goal that day.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2018, 12:35:44 PM »
The plan?

Get in to 'em....

Offline ZhongYi

• "The left side (of the Holte)"
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2018, 12:46:55 PM »
My plan would be to kick lumps out of them and intimidate them from the kick off. In fact, I'd probably start in the tunnel on the way out.

do a crazy gang on em and act like lunatics in the tunnel. fulham aint no culture club.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2018, 01:11:36 PM »
Turn up and make a lot of noise

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2018, 01:19:25 PM »
Play with the same intensity that we had when we beat Bristol City and Wolves.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal