collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The plan to beat Fulham.  (Read 19334 times)

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
Re: The plan to beat Fulham.
« Reply #120 on: May 20, 2018, 08:19:31 PM »
Well they have certainly got you lot rattled.
Why not just ignore them?
Fuck 'em
Sorry, who?

Offline bill

« Reply #121 on: May 20, 2018, 09:12:28 PM »
We tend to stand off teams too much for my liking. The teams who have done well against them, including the great unwashed down the road, have got in their faces and disrupted their style. Under pressure they don’t look too clever. Their weakness is their defense.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #122 on: May 20, 2018, 09:23:18 PM »
It’s a good point. Sitting deep like we did against Boro would be suicide, not just because they are more likely to create clear cut chances and convert them, but if they play the game in our half it allows them to take all the pressure off their weakest area.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #123 on: May 20, 2018, 09:40:55 PM »
Fulham aren't that great - only two players with Wembley experience. We have so many big game players with exactly that experience. I see a 2-0 win at least. Fulham got beat 3-1 at SHA ffs!

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #124 on: May 21, 2018, 10:34:12 AM »
Well they have certainly got you lot rattled.
Why not just ignore them?
Fuck 'em
Sorry, who?

That's the spirit old boy!

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #125 on: May 21, 2018, 10:54:23 AM »
We tend to stand off teams too much for my liking. The teams who have done well against them, including the great unwashed down the road, have got in their faces and disrupted their style. Under pressure they don’t look too clever. Their weakness is their defense.

Think that's my main concern, we've got good midfielders for this level but not really pressing ones. I'd say Bjarni is probably the player in the squad who could do it the best so I'd consider starting him.

If we can't get in the faces of the Fulham trio they will play the ball around us and dominate so giving Sessegnon plenty of chances to run with the ball at our defence.

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #126 on: May 21, 2018, 11:15:04 AM »
Bjarni in at the expense of Uncle

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #127 on: May 21, 2018, 11:45:53 AM »

Think that's my main concern, we've got good midfielders for this level but not really pressing ones. I'd say Bjarni is probably the player in the squad who could do it the best so I'd consider starting him.

If we can't get in the faces of the Fulham trio they will play the ball around us and dominate so giving Sessegnon plenty of chances to run with the ball at our defence.

Hourihane did this brilliantly against Boro last week.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #128 on: May 21, 2018, 12:14:02 PM »
If Steve Bruce can produce  a  game  plan like he did against  Middlesborough  I'll be happy.

Offline cannock villa

« Reply #129 on: May 21, 2018, 12:25:19 PM »
If Steve Bruce can produce  a  game  plan like he did against  Middlesborough  I'll be happy.
Much prefer a game plan like the Wolves game

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #130 on: May 21, 2018, 12:54:43 PM »
I understand why people are suggesting bringing Bjarnason in for this game but, as I see it, there is absolutely no way that he’s not going to start with Jedinak for a game of this pressure and importance. Not a chance.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #131 on: May 21, 2018, 01:15:46 PM »

Hourihane did this brilliantly against Boro last week.

Yes he played well. Just worry a little Boro are very much a pedestrian team so much easier to press them than a Fulham.

We really struggled for an hour to deal with PNE's mobility in midfield for anyone who remembers the game at VP.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #132 on: May 21, 2018, 01:22:00 PM »
It’s pretty much always the same game plan, it’s just a matter of how well we play.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #133 on: May 21, 2018, 01:23:50 PM »
I understand why people are suggesting bringing Bjarnason in for this game but, as I see it, there is absolutely no way that he’s not going to start with Jedinak for a game of this pressure and importance. Not a chance.

Was thinking more of Jedinak-Bjarni as the combo behind Jack.

Harsh on Hourihane who played well against Boro, think he might struggle more against Fulham though.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2018, 04:04:42 PM »
Don't forget we got a secret weapon in future King William and President of FA. He can instruct the referee to be locked in Tower if we don't get promotion ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal