collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Middlesbrough Post-Match Thread  (Read 36415 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Aston Villa vs Middlesbrough Post-Match Thread
« Reply #210 on: May 16, 2018, 09:57:42 PM »
That’s strange as they are reporting rows of empty seats in the away end.

Fair play to the Boro fans as well, they were pretty magmanamous in defeat outside afterward.

There will be as they have same size area as every other away side has but instead of the usual 2700 (I think we give) they were only given 2000.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #211 on: May 16, 2018, 10:13:51 PM »
I didn’t realise that, on the face of it that seems both short sighted and spiteful then.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #212 on: May 16, 2018, 10:33:24 PM »
First couple of rows were cordoned off. There was also a bigger segreation than usual.

Also a few rows in top tier were left empty, that bid by the big screen must be restricted view.

Was still surprised it was below 41k so around 1k empty seats in the other three stands, Holte end was rammed.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #213 on: May 16, 2018, 10:37:31 PM »
I didn’t run on the pitch but so what? It didn’t ruin or take the gloss off the night. People take things way too serious. We’ve got to Wembley and people want to celebrate. Good luck to them.

I wanted to applaud the players for a very good job over 180 minutes and getting us to Wembley as I presume they'd have done that at the final whistle like usual.

Wasn't going to wait 20 minutes for the pitch to be cleared and them to possibly come out.

Running on the pitch for something like this is small time, I could understand that it more if we were 1st or 2nd but we could easily lose the final ffs. It's a bit like the debate of whether we should have trophy parade for winning play offs. Most think we shouldn't which I agree with and running on the pitch is probably worse.

We are better than this or used to be.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #214 on: May 16, 2018, 10:41:35 PM »
Who's going on the pitch at Wembley then? ;D

Offline PeterWithe

« Reply #215 on: May 16, 2018, 10:44:55 PM »
Agreed, if we manage to get up it should be treated as retaining our rightful place after a minor blip of a few years, not any kind of major achievement.

And let us never forget that looking down our noses at things like this wind up our neighbours no end, which is reason enough to carry on doing it. Local arrogance is our God given right.

Promotion, if it happens this season or next, should be marked with a firm handshake and no more. Leave the open top bus parades for those who don’t really deserve to be in the top flight.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #216 on: May 16, 2018, 10:45:57 PM »
Bree started nervously but really grew into the game.
I think Bree matured as the game went on.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #217 on: May 16, 2018, 11:12:50 PM »
Bree started nervously but really grew into the game.
I think Bree matured as the game went on.

This isn't on, Aftab. Cheese puns, after last night? Perhaps your senses have been diminished from age.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #218 on: May 16, 2018, 11:13:59 PM »
A trophy parade? I still don't understand why there's a fucking trophy for it anyway. "I'm a different kind of winner".

They were bollocks when some twat invented them thirty years ago, and they're still a load of bollocks now. Possibly more so now with a wembley final tacked on, rather than the original two-legged affair. Us being involved doesn't change my opinion. If anything, it hardens it, us being dragged into the tawdry voyeuristic Sky winner-takes-all wankfest.

Then again, no more farcical than a team finishing fourth getting to compete in something called The Champions League.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #219 on: May 16, 2018, 11:21:51 PM »
Agreed, if we manage to get up it should be treated as retaining our rightful place after a minor blip of a few years, not any kind of major achievement.

And let us never forget that looking down our noses at things like this wind up our neighbours no end, which is reason enough to carry on doing it. Local arrogance is our God given right.

Promotion, if it happens this season or next, should be marked with a firm handshake and no more. Leave the open top bus parades for those who don’t really deserve to be in the top flight.

How about a mass walk-out Arsenal style, before the trophy is presented. That'll show 'em.

Offline PeterWithe

« Reply #220 on: May 16, 2018, 11:33:47 PM »
 A mass walk out implies some organisation and therefore an acknowledgement that it’s an achievement to attain promotion, even if we acknowledge it by distancing ourselves. It should therefore be frowned upon. The Premiership is lucky that we are close to returning to it.

Pinch yourselves.

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #221 on: May 16, 2018, 11:55:36 PM »
Hopefully we’ll get a few thousand tickets Re allocated to us if Fulham don’t sell out?

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #222 on: May 17, 2018, 12:45:15 AM »
A trophy parade? I still don't understand why there's a fucking trophy for it anyway. "I'm a different kind of winner".

They were bollocks when some twat invented them thirty years ago, and they're still a load of bollocks now. Possibly more so now with a wembley final tacked on, rather than the original two-legged affair. Us being involved doesn't change my opinion. If anything, it hardens it, us being dragged into the tawdry voyeuristic Sky winner-takes-all wankfest.

Then again, no more farcical than a team finishing fourth getting to compete in something called The Champions League.

Cardiff actually got a trophy for finishing second this season. They gave one out a few years back when one of the second place teams complained about not getting any sort of recognition for finishing above team that wins the play off.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #223 on: May 17, 2018, 12:59:45 AM »
Sha got one as well. It was one of those 'at least you tried' types that schools give to the fat ginger kids that always finish last.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #224 on: May 17, 2018, 04:32:03 AM »
Hmm, direct 12 hour flights leaving Tokyo on the 24th, flying back on the 27th are just under £900.

Villa or prolonged marriage? That is the quandary.
There are plenty of fish in the sea. 😜

There are indeed, mate. None that would put up with me on a day to day basis, however. Haha.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal