collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by chrisw1
[Today at 03:32:08 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:08:36 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:04:08 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by LeeB
[Today at 02:54:38 PM]

NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 02:33:46 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by chrisw1
[Today at 02:25:44 PM]

Diego Carlos by Demitri_C
[Today at 02:25:16 PM]

Pre-season 2024/25 by Somniloquism
[Today at 01:40:42 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Middlesbrough Post-Match Thread  (Read 36737 times)

Offline QuintonVilla

Re: Aston Villa vs Middlesbrough Post-Match Thread
« Reply #195 on: May 16, 2018, 03:44:21 PM »
From the Boro forum:

"The atmosphere tonight was almost literally deafening, which anyone who goes away regularly will tell you is rare"

"At times the noise was hurting my ears. I've been going away a long time and that was loud"

"Agree with the OP. It was deafening"

Beautiful. Well done boys and girls. I hoped at half time everyone could shake the nerves and roar them over the line and we did. It sounds cheesy and cliche but attacking a packed Holte really does make a difference, it implores the players to attack and bays for a goal. Agree with Ads, you could tell second half the ground was on the verge of exploding if we'd scored.
Loved the rallying atmosphere last 15 minutes aswell. The claret and blue army chants all around the ground were superb.

Where is the link for those quotes, please?
https://fansonline.net/middlesbrough/mb/view.php?id=5626206

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #196 on: May 16, 2018, 04:05:45 PM »
few thoughts on last night

Jedinak was fantastic pity the fella isn't 5 years younger,
 i was seated 4 rows back and up close i never appreciated what a big imposing unit he is, not big in a James Collins or Richard Dunne way but in a more athletic way, he was my MOTM

the ground was bouncing in every stand, no way people can say any other,
 i honesty believe that when we turn up on occasions like that its right up there with Anfield and Celtic when they have there special nights i don't think many other clubs can do it in this country with the fan base and traditional historic ground

Bruce did what he does, he found a way to get through, a single goal over two legs is what got us over the line,
Fulham are better than us, the league table tells us that but it doesn't mean we cant beat them,
 two things give me a lot of hope, they bottled it against Blues when they needed to win to get automatic promotion, and our victory over Wolves we will have to play something like that to win,
we need to overcome the odds on that day somehow but we can do it

never been a John Terry as a person fan, but seeing him mobbed lat night on the pitch i thought he would never ever have experienced that at Chelsea and he was loving it,
 the thing i like about him the most is his commitment to the cause, he's not just here collecting wages and going through the motions like some modern day football mercenary, he's one of us warts and all

Jack was Jack the best player in the championship and a lot of the Premiership

re the pitch invasion, its not big and its not clever
 (any of my fb mates on here just stay quiet)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 04:07:52 PM by john e »

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #197 on: May 16, 2018, 04:28:45 PM »
anyone else surprised by the official attendance? Apart from the small block of seats separating fans between the North Lower and those in the corner of the DE the ground looked rammed to me?

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #198 on: May 16, 2018, 05:28:29 PM »
I can’t complain I as I have been on the pitch when we beat Bradford in a league game but it did deny the rest of us the opportunity to applaud the players for their effort, some, perhaps a lot of them for the final time.

Even so, a memorable night

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #199 on: May 16, 2018, 07:17:29 PM »
anyone else surprised by the official attendance? Apart from the small block of seats separating fans between the North Lower and those in the corner of the DE the ground looked rammed to me?
Roughly 2200  empty seats? I can't believe those figures are accurate but how and why would that happen?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #200 on: May 16, 2018, 07:38:28 PM »
From the Boro forum:

"The atmosphere tonight was almost literally deafening, which anyone who goes away regularly will tell you is rare"

"At times the noise was hurting my ears. I've been going away a long time and that was loud"

"Agree with the OP. It was deafening"

Beautiful. Well done boys and girls. I hoped at half time everyone could shake the nerves and roar them over the line and we did. It sounds cheesy and cliche but attacking a packed Holte really does make a difference, it implores the players to attack and bays for a goal. Agree with Ads, you could tell second half the ground was on the verge of exploding if we'd scored.
Loved the rallying atmosphere last 15 minutes aswell. The claret and blue army chants all around the ground were superb.

Where is the link for those quotes, please?
https://fansonline.net/middlesbrough/mb/view.php?id=5626206

Many thanks.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #201 on: May 16, 2018, 08:02:18 PM »
The capacity figure includes all corporate seats, press and the boxes... didn't we give Boro only 2000 tickets too?

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #202 on: May 16, 2018, 09:00:29 PM »
The capacity figure includes all corporate seats, press and the boxes... didn't we give Boro only 2000 tickets too?

I didn’t know that attendance figures included media

A few empty rows/columns of seats in the away area

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #203 on: May 16, 2018, 09:20:14 PM »
Bree started nervously but really grew into the game.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #204 on: May 16, 2018, 09:26:05 PM »
Probably the loudest atmosphere I've ever been in. Wouldn't necessarily say it was the best as it was so tense. A goal would have been great, the roof would've come off. Pitch invasion did make the post-match a bit anti-climactic but I don't hold it against those on the pitch. It's what we do when we get to Wembley.

As for the match, I think they'd have been pleased at half time but fortunately we kicked on second half rather than them. Big scare at end, Johnstone saved us really, illegally, and got away with it. Would've been harsh on us if free kick went in. Jedinak was great and has to play in the final for me. Defence were all good, Bree improved after a shaky start. It's incredible how important Hutton's become considering some aspects of his career with us. Grealish is the best player in the division. Everyone else worked their socks off.

On to Fulham. They're a better team than us, the table doesn't lie, but not that much better. Hope we rise to the occasion more. UTV

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #205 on: May 16, 2018, 09:45:26 PM »

600 less in the home/corporate areas than there was for sha, no idea where as both were sell-outs.

Offline PeterWithe

« Reply #206 on: May 16, 2018, 09:47:36 PM »
On that Boro site linked above, a few are saying they didn’t sell what we did give them.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #207 on: May 16, 2018, 09:48:38 PM »

The capacity does (well at Villa Park anyway).

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #208 on: May 16, 2018, 09:52:09 PM »
On that Boro site linked above, a few are saying they didn’t sell what we did give them.

Sold out straight away as for some reason they put them straight on sale to ST holders I think, no away criteria needed. Imagine doing every away game and then missing out on that one (although with hindsight etc).

Offline PeterWithe

« Reply #209 on: May 16, 2018, 09:55:06 PM »
That’s strange as they are reporting rows of empty seats in the away end.

Fair play to the Boro fans as well, they were pretty magmanamous in defeat outside afterward.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal