collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: J’Lloyd Samuel  (Read 10392 times)

Offline j66acd

Re: J’Lloyd Samuel
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2018, 09:56:32 PM »
Puts everything into perspective. My wife and have been struggling to get our 17 month year old to settle at night and it felt like the end of the world. You hear about something like this and realise how lucky you are.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2018, 10:28:13 PM »
No words JLS, sleep tight young man, RIP.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2018, 10:52:04 PM »
Very sad news.

I thought he was a decent player for us, certainly played very well in O'Leary's first season. Lost his focus after that and became bit part player (was suprised he left in 2007, thought it was 06 as don't remember him playing any games under MON).

Still anyone who plays just one short of 200 games for the club deserves plenty of respect.

Horrible way to go, dropping his kids off as normal for school and then ten minutes later he's gone. Have to say I was a bit surprised it was applause, would've thought a minute's silence would've been more suitable given the circumstances.

Offline Bishop Brennan

« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2018, 11:04:41 PM »
Incredibly sad news, especially given the circumstances. RIP, and thanks for the memories.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2018, 01:00:28 AM »
There can't be many clubs who have lost three former players to premature deaths in such a short space of time as us. Even GT wasn't that old.
Desperately sad, especially knowing that he has three little ones now without their Dad.

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2018, 09:31:07 AM »
Very sad news and he was still young. RIP JLS.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2018, 10:51:00 AM »
Shit news.

The stand out game for me was v the Noses on Easter Sunday. He was off form, seemed to be somewhat disinterested as O'Dreary had drained everyone's confidence and he had a very good game keeping Pennant quiet.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2018, 12:25:14 PM »
Dreadful news. Bloody good player for us, especially when he linked up with Barry down the left.
RIP, Jlloyd. It’s upsetting thinking about the pain your family are going through.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2018, 05:02:19 PM »
RIP JLS. God bless.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2018, 06:23:15 AM »
Quote from: https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/05/17/vassell-tribute-to-samuel

Darius Vassell today paid  an emotional tribute to his good friend Jlloyd Samuel who died this week, stressing: “He showed me what our world has to offer us – he will forever be missed”.

Vassell, still heartbroken over the loss of Samuel, spoke glowingly of our former full-back.

He said: “Jlloyd was my brother on and off the pitch. He encouraged me to believe in myself as a player and person and always checked up on me to make sure I was ok.

“Spending time with his family and friends in tribute to his life and achievements in the short space of time he was with us, will forever be an honour. I’ve never met someone who could smile their way through adversity like Jlloyd.

“He always found a way to stand tall and provide support for those he loved and cherished whilst enjoying the finer things in life like family, music, art, travel and the general freedom to express his warm personality. Wherever he went he made an impact. He did not deserve this, it’s still impossible for me to fathom.

“I was there when he met and fell in love with his partner and I was a privileged guest at their private wedding ceremony. Since then I’ve witnessed her become an amazing mother and devoted wife. She has supported Jay with his health and fitness, directly assisted with his business ventures and made their house a warm and welcoming home for the family to thrive and guests to enjoy. She doesn’t deserve to suffer such heartbreak.

“Jlloyd showed me that he was much more than a footballer and through him I have met so many special people and gained so much knowledge of what our world has to offer us. My deepest condolences go out to his wife and family especially his four beautiful children. Jlloyd Samuel - you will forever be missed.”

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2018, 07:44:44 AM »
That's a great tribute from DV

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2018, 11:24:24 AM »
Isn't it just. Glad he's done it as well because I had the opinion that JLloyd at his peak was a bit Lescottesque. How wrong I was.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2018, 07:43:16 AM »
RIP Sweet Boi.

Always liked him at Villa. Probably underachieved a bit, but we had a decent side back then and he was part of that.

Always sad to learn of a death of one of our ex-players. Best wishes to his family and friends.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2018, 06:03:11 PM »
I met J'Lloyd a few times and found him to be a really nice, humble guy. The first time I met him, he and John McGrath came into the store I worked in. They were both youth players at the time and I recognised J'Lloyd but not John. We had a pleasant conversation about Villa and he took the mickey out of John that I had recognised him but not John. I wished him well with his future career and thought that was that. He came back to the store again after that, I think once on his own and once with his then girlfriend. One of the other staff members (a Liverpool fan) had the cheek to ask for complimentary tickets but I think he liked that I hadn't even thought of asking and left a couple for me instead. RIP J'Lloyd. You were one of the good ones.

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2018, 06:09:34 PM »
I met J'Lloyd a few times and found him to be a really nice, humble guy. The first time I met him, he and John McGrath came into the store I worked in. They were both youth players at the time and I recognised J'Lloyd but not John. We had a pleasant conversation about Villa and he took the mickey out of John that I had recognised him but not John. I wished him well with his future career and thought that was that. He came back to the store again after that, I think once on his own and once with his then girlfriend. One of the other staff members (a Liverpool fan) had the cheek to ask for complimentary tickets but I think he liked that I hadn't even thought of asking and left a couple for me instead. RIP J'Lloyd. You were one of the good ones.

Happy story for you there OCD.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal