collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 10:33:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 10:12:59 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 10:33:49 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 10:32:30 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

Re: FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by FrankyH
[Today at 10:19:07 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 10:12:59 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:10:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Championship attendances  (Read 7755 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Championship attendances
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2018, 11:04:08 AM »
The away end at Wolves is crap aswell. One of the worst around, spread all along the side of the pitch.

We're not as high as you may think for visiting fans because of midweek games and a lot of teams like Reading, QPR, Norwich etc have been here many times over the years. Also, our home record is very good so teams may have wrote it off that they'll lose here.

Does no-one else play at home midweek or against teams they've played before then?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2018, 11:16:08 AM »
Wolves is a shit away day, you can't drink anywhere within a five mile radius of the ground. Millwall is more welcoming. I'd imagine most neutrals enjoy a day at Villa or Blose given the plethora of pubs and easy transport links.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2018, 02:08:54 PM »
Wolves is a shit away day, you can't drink anywhere within a five mile radius of the ground. Millwall is more welcoming. I'd imagine most neutrals enjoy a day at Villa or Blose given the plethora of pubs and easy transport links.

Cardiff and Reading two utterly awful motorway service station type effort miles from anywhere.

Fulham must be the best away day ?

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2018, 10:55:41 PM »
Millwall is not welcoming in any way whatsoever. You can find good boozers because it is London but it is the opposite of a god day out.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2018, 10:14:28 AM »
it is the opposite of a god day out.
Not on the piss, my lord!

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2018, 11:16:37 AM »
it is the opposite of a god day out.
Not on the piss, my lord!

Haha, good spot!

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2018, 12:06:23 PM »
So we've the biggest aggregate, despite being on TV far more than the rest and having kick offs messed about.

I'm surprised at the away attendances at each ground, though Fulham and Barnsley must be a good day out!

Barnsley away end holds 5.5k.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2018, 12:07:43 PM »
disappointed with our home attendances but will be upto where it should be next year . think we've done over 22,000 season tickets for next season so far . think we will average  over 30,000 next season . our away is about right considering the logistics of where  we are .

Isn't it still a hangover from changing your shirts to Red that one season?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2018, 12:08:18 PM »
Capped at 4,500 after those loveable twats from Elland Road acted like the massive throbbers they are last season.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2018, 12:12:41 PM »

Really?

When I went to Wolves for the Robbie Keane game in 2012 I started off in the JQ for a little tipple, got the metro up to Wednesbury where I met a Wolves mate, continued on metro to Wolves where we went into the Great Western and then to a few other pubs like the Billy Wright etc.

Of course given how close it is you can just stay in town and get the train in at 2 or whatever the kick off is.

I think Molinuex's a good ground and crucially piss easy to get to from the town centre. Give me more grounds like that than soulless stadiums miles out of town like Reading.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2018, 12:13:55 PM »

Cardiff and Reading two utterly awful motorway service station type effort miles from anywhere.

Fulham must be the best away day ?

Cardiff isn't that far out, you can actually work it from the city centre in 20 odd minutes or just get a train up to Canton I think.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2018, 12:22:32 PM »

Really?

When I went to Wolves for the Robbie Keane game in 2012 I started off in the JQ for a little tipple, got the metro up to Wednesbury where I met a Wolves mate, continued on metro to Wolves where we went into the Great Western and then to a few other pubs like the Billy Wright etc.

Of course given how close it is you can just stay in town and get the train in at 2 or whatever the kick off is.

I think Molinuex's a good ground and crucially piss easy to get to from the town centre. Give me more grounds like that than soulless stadiums miles out of town like Reading.

It's fine if you know the area, but most away fans won't, and I was talking generically rather than just about Villa trips there. It's ludicrous that Wolves fans are such pathetic children that they can't be trusted to coexist with rival fans anywhere in their city.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 07:38:32 PM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2018, 01:42:42 PM »
I’ve never had a problem drinking in the Great Western before matches against Wolves, always a healthy amount of Villa in there.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2018, 06:39:15 PM »
Talking genetically?

I thought this was a football forum?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2018, 06:40:00 PM »

Really?

It's fine if you know the area, but most away fans won't, and I was talking genetically rather than just about Villa trips there. It's ludicrous that Wolves fans are such pathetic children that they can't be trusted to coexist with rival fans anywhere in their city.

Is it them, or is it the police imposing restrictions?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal