collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Derby County Post-Match Thread  (Read 13205 times)

Online Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
Re: Aston Villa vs Derby County Post-Match Thread
« Reply #90 on: April 29, 2018, 01:22:46 PM »
Met some derby lot on the train and with a straight face claimed we were shit and they should have won!? I was clearly at a different game. Battered them and have no idea how we didn’t win

Did you put them in their place? Did you say we was good and they was shit?

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #91 on: April 29, 2018, 01:24:41 PM »
Met some derby lot on the train and with a straight face claimed we were shit and they should have won!? I was clearly at a different game. Battered them and have no idea how we didn’t win

Did you put them in their place? Did you say we was good and they was shit?

It wouldn’t have been a good idea to pick a fight with people who were that far out of it on drugs.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #92 on: April 29, 2018, 02:19:18 PM »
All of them? On your own? How many of them was there? Fair play. ;)

🤣🤣👏🏻👏🏻

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2018, 02:33:58 PM »
We looked so much stronger down our left when Hutton came on. Taylor is a liability and they planned to attack his side from the start. Once Hutton came on Derby knew that option would be far more limited, plus Hutton is much more adept at attacking without exposing his defensive responsibilities too much. Watching him at LB it really does make you wonder why 95% of his career has been on the right?

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2018, 03:39:31 PM »
If there was ever a moment that demonstrated Hutton's complete and utter dedication to the team was our goal yesterday where he blocked the clearance by throwing his body in and taking one for the team.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2018, 03:41:44 PM »
Extended highlights..

Offline kentishvillan

« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2018, 04:17:15 PM »
Thoroughly enjoyed the game yesterday. I thought we were excellent in the second half and could easily have won by 3 or 4 with a bit more good fortune. In addition, to meet one of my Villa heroes - Nigel Spink - in the Holte Suite pre-match was fantastic.
Strap yourselves in for the play-offs guys, it is going to be a real white knuckle ride............

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2018, 04:25:47 PM »
Like most on here i enjoyed the game .I am still wondering how we never won the match Worst part of the day was having to wait  from 5 30 pm to 7 10 pm at Witton Station for a train back to Wolverhampton. According to the police at the station ,the trains were delayed due to Northampton fans fighting Walsall fans and then the police .Who would have thought that.

Should've just walked to Aston chap.

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2018, 11:25:04 AM »
Derby are in the pit of misery,

Dilly Dilly

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2018, 12:11:09 PM »
Taylor was awful.
Glad they upped in the 2nd half, although we should have been ahead in the first.

We still have not learned the way to score when we're on top ...

The last sentence is a bit bizarre to be honest. We have done that quite a few times this season. Today was one of them.
Not really. Throughout the first half, for example, we pressed and were clearly dominant but failed to break them down. Bolton away, we had a 20-25 minutes spell where we should have turned dominance into at least one goal. Likewise at Hull, Norwich ... I'm just making the point that the best sides turn superiority into goals and we are not so good at it.
And, yes: I accept that we're 4th so I'm perhaps being a little harsh!

You've mentioned two games out of 45 and like I said, we were on top yesterday and we scored. We were on top last week and scored.
well, I mentioned 4 games including yesterday. And, yes, we did prevail yesterday - eventually. There have been other times in the season where we have failed to take advantage: Sheff Utd and Sheff Wednesday at home spring to mind, but I haven’t kept a detailed record.
My bigger point is that good sides are more effective at making pressure pay; I personally think that we are not so good at it.

In previous seasons when we had a period of pressure and it didn't pay off though, the shoulders would have drooped, we would have ran out of ideas and it would have finished 1-0 to them (or even 2 if we had a concentration blip at the end which also happened often).

On Saturday though, we kept the belief and we kept going, and eventually we got the reward we deserved. To me that's progress.

Also much of the reason why we hadn't scored earlier in the game was down to sheer bad luck, which can happen to any side.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #102 on: April 30, 2018, 12:31:32 PM »
Great day out enjoyed the game how we didn't win is anybody's guess atmosphere was cracking loved the lap of honour at the end by the players let's look forward to the play offs now.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal