collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 12:05:47 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 12:01:31 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New technical kit partnership announced - LUKE 1977 & Fanatics  (Read 211043 times)

Offline mike

Re: New technical kit partnership announced - LUKE 1977 & Fanatics
« Reply #1230 on: December 12, 2018, 07:13:06 PM »
Have to say, the fact that with Christmas fast approaching, stocks of items that I want are dreadful (i.e. zero)- we never seem to have our shelves fully stocked at what is a massive selling period do we?

Are there going to be any kids shirts by Christmas? Pretty poor if not.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #1231 on: December 12, 2018, 08:05:02 PM »
Anyone know how or why the umbro shirts from the championship season are now available to buy either online or at the shop? We have had those retro style shirts without the umbro logo for years but it seems more clubs are reissuing old classic shirts (especially by Umbro) and they are selling like hot cakes. Mine showed up yesterday and it really is a thing of beauty, well done Villa for making it happen.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1232 on: December 13, 2018, 12:48:14 AM »
No sign of any '81 away stock across the whole internetz but I notice they've released an away shirt from our last promotion season. Quite dapper too, certainly an improvement on the jam-roly-poly home shirt that year.

Offline mike

« Reply #1233 on: December 13, 2018, 09:24:26 AM »
Just phoned customer services to ask if they'll have kids shirts by Christmas. 'Dunno, you'll have to keep checking the website'. 'But don't you know when you'll be getting more stock?' 'No, they just tell us to keep checking the website.'

I can't believe that the club produce a new kit every year, forcing parents to waste money on their overpriced tat then don't even have them in stock at Christmas AND can't even tell you when they expect any. And I don't even want to buy it because it doesn't have blue fucking sleeves!! Of course, I could say no to my boy, but as we live outside Brum and every boy at school supports a Prem club and tells him Villa are rubbish, I just want to keep him as positive as I can, so thanks Villa for making it so unnecessarily difficult to nurture the next generation of support.

Offline mike

« Reply #1234 on: December 13, 2018, 03:06:56 PM »
Just called up the club who told me they've got loads at Villa Village and they've stuck one behind the counter for me. Now, the people I spoke to in the online store had non-Birmingham accents and made it sound like the warehouse is nowhere near Villa, whereas the lovely person I spoke to at the ground was a proper Brummy and maybe got what it means a bit more.

Offline Scratchins

• GM : 19.11.2024
« Reply #1235 on: December 14, 2018, 07:57:52 AM »
I have had cause a few times recently to go into the store about online orders The staff have to phone the same number as us to talk about online orders and wait in the queue to be answered. I found the staff in the store very helpful.

Offline mike

« Reply #1236 on: December 14, 2018, 10:52:22 AM »
I have had cause a few times recently to go into the store about online orders The staff have to phone the same number as us to talk about online orders and wait in the queue to be answered. I found the staff in the store very helpful.

That's why it's such a shame they shut the store in town. For people who live in the South of Brum (and most of them are Villa fans as has been discussed elsewhere) VP is not easy to get to whereas they can pop into town easily. Same for us exiles, we get a train into Birmingham to go shopping and we used to be able to just pop into the Villa shop but now we can't, plus they don't sell Villa kit in sports shops anymore.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #1237 on: December 14, 2018, 11:56:10 AM »
Hopefully in coming years, we'll see a kit deal that allows Villa gear to be sold more widely than just direct or at the VP store.  Then I'll be moaning that we've gone all Man City!

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #1238 on: December 14, 2018, 12:00:05 PM »
Gutted can’t see 81 away replica online to order , any ideas ? What is sizing of it like ? Also just received an email for a complete new dance of LUKE roper training wear now in stock..... strange time to launch half way through a season !?

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #1239 on: December 14, 2018, 12:51:24 PM »

This, online orders aren't handled by the club shop these days from what i can gather. Online and in store purchases are two separate entities doing two different jobs with two different stock levels. It is 2018 after all.

I'm pretty sure Kitbag do all the online stuff not some oiks round the back of the club shop like in the old days (but i could be wrong)

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #1240 on: December 14, 2018, 01:29:05 PM »
Gutted can’t see 81 away replica online to order , any ideas ?
I noticed it had disappeared but by chance was able to go into the Villa Village last week and they had a few but all XXL and above. When I asked about that particular shirt a member of staff said it was selling out as fast as it became available.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1241 on: December 14, 2018, 02:35:56 PM »

That's why it's such a shame they shut the store in town. For people who live in the South of Brum (and most of them are Villa fans as has been discussed elsewhere) VP is not easy to get to whereas they can pop into town easily. Same for us exiles, we get a train into Birmingham to go shopping and we used to be able to just pop into the Villa shop but now we can't, plus they don't sell Villa kit in sports shops anymore.

The problem is that most of the demographic that buy shirts (i.e. younger folks) are all into online shopping these days. The City Centre shop obviously didn't make money, otherwise it wouldn't be shut.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #1242 on: December 14, 2018, 02:56:48 PM »

The problem is that most of the demographic that buy shirts (i.e. younger folks) are all into online shopping these days. The City Centre shop obviously didn't make money, otherwise it wouldn't be shut.

I think they said the New Street shop was losing money at the time it was finally closed. Not enough foot traffic to cover the rental cost, which having been in many times to see only about 2 people shuffling around wasn't surprising.

We live in an online world as you said. And this thing about having an exclusive deal with Kitbag online means more money going into the clubs coffers rather than into various sports shops of course. This is the way it is nowadays so we've all got to get used to it.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #1243 on: December 14, 2018, 03:22:36 PM »
Gutted can’t see 81 away replica online to order , any ideas ?
I noticed it had disappeared but by chance was able to go into the Villa Village last week and they had a few but all XXL and above. When I asked about that particular shirt a member of staff said it was selling out as fast as it became available.

XXL probably what I’ll need but I’m 150 miles away 😩 makes it more frustrating I can’t get one posted

Offline mike

« Reply #1244 on: December 14, 2018, 05:11:19 PM »

I think they said the New Street shop was losing money at the time it was finally closed. Not enough foot traffic to cover the rental cost, which having been in many times to see only about 2 people shuffling around wasn't surprising.

We live in an online world as you said. And this thing about having an exclusive deal with Kitbag online means more money going into the clubs coffers rather than into various sports shops of course. This is the way it is nowadays so we've all got to get used to it.

That being the case, they need to get their online act together.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal