collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New technical kit partnership announced - LUKE 1977 & Fanatics  (Read 211156 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: New technical kit partnership announced - LUKE 1977 & Fanatics
« Reply #1185 on: November 01, 2018, 02:37:40 PM »

They've been in stock on and off since they were released. Surely you've not missed every opportunity to grab one ?

Is there any situation where you might think that this company could possibly be in the wrong?

I would guess many times. But not when the new kits and merch range are so overwhelmingly popular. They keep restocking, they keep selling out. They keep restocking, they keep selling out.

I'm not sure what else they can do. It seems like there's absolutely nothing to moan about to me.

If it's so incredibly popular (which I doubt) then perhaps by now they should have increased production. There is absolutely no excuse this far down the line to have such delays.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1186 on: November 01, 2018, 05:59:20 PM »
Well the 1980 home shirt has arrived.  Utter perfection.  I don't think I'm ever going to take it off.  Maybe when the away one comes...

My away one arrived today. Ordered it when it said delivery from 1/11 a couple of weeks ago. It's beautiful.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1187 on: November 01, 2018, 06:01:17 PM »

They've been in stock on and off since they were released. Surely you've not missed every opportunity to grab one ?

Is there any situation where you might think that this company could possibly be in the wrong?

I would guess many times. But not when the new kits and merch range are so overwhelmingly popular. They keep restocking, they keep selling out. They keep restocking, they keep selling out.

I'm not sure what else they can do. It seems like there's absolutely nothing to moan about to me.

Surely the obvious thing they could do would be to produce enough of them to satisfy demand - they are currently not doing this, because they keep selling out.

For clarity, I personally don't give a shit, I won't ever buy one, but I do think that to have people wanting to give the club money to buy a shirt and struggling to do so - in November - is really not good business.

What's more, it was precisely this sort of thing the club went out of their way to tell us they were going to make a thing of the past with this "groundbreaking" arrangement.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #1188 on: November 02, 2018, 05:30:22 AM »
Tricky thing to predict- demand. If you go on previous trends, you’re not comparing products like for like. You’ll likely get a core number who will buy the latest shirt come what may. The marginal sales will depend on how well received the design is. I love the current shirt, home and away. But it’s clearly divided opinion on here. I might love it, but for every one of me, 5 people might hate it. Who knows how it will sell until it sells, or doesn’t? You can’t really blame the club / suppliers for being cautious with supply when you consider the financial position we were in before the season started and they had to deliver a new shirt / strip/ range.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #1189 on: November 02, 2018, 12:23:02 PM »

No company in the world would order say 500k and risk being left with 300k, that's utter madness. And no doubt why we always have half price sales of unsold stock every single season. Hopefully that lesson has now been learned.

I'd guess we ordered an initial run based on our previous kit sales, then once they realised these were the most popular shirts in decades have continued to place sensible orders to cover demand. How they can get knocked for it i don't know. Rarely, have they been out of stock (online at least) for more than a few weeks at a time. Even the club shop has had them when the online option has been sold out and vice versa.

In our family, we've managed to buy both home and away (multiple ones) and the new white retro one without any bother at all.

Just be grateful we've done roaring merch business for once says me.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #1190 on: November 02, 2018, 12:30:05 PM »
Absolute nonsense.

I worked in supply chain environments for 30 years. Forecasting was a major part of my remit. If I got it as wrong as the guys at Villa, and as often, I wouldn't have lasted 30 weeks.

The Retro kits have got a very long shelf life, there is no need to be cautious with a product like that.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1191 on: November 02, 2018, 12:33:00 PM »

No company in the world would order say 500k and risk being left with 300k, that's utter madness. And no doubt why we always have half price sales of unsold stock every single season. Hopefully that lesson has now been learned.

I'd guess we ordered an initial run based on our previous kit sales, then once they realised these were the most popular shirts in decades have continued to place sensible orders to cover demand. How they can get knocked for it i don't know. Rarely, have they been out of stock (online at least) for more than a few weeks at a time. Even the club shop has had them when the online option has been sold out and vice versa.

In our family, we've managed to buy both home and away (multiple ones) and the new white retro one without any bother at all.

Just be grateful we've done roaring merch business for once says me.

So they realise they're really popular, yet still don't order enough. Given the key time for kits sales is when the value is highest (at the beginning of the season) to say they are only out of stock for a few weeks at a time is a joke.

Given the fanfare announcement, the consumer testing they no doubt did and initial demand, they must have known how it would be and if they didn't, what the hell are they playing at?

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #1192 on: November 02, 2018, 12:50:09 PM »
I do have some sympathy for them in this one. All the club have to work on is sales of previous kits and an assumption that numbers will be roughly similar year on year. It is not like fans of other clubs are going to buy them or that they will suddenly be what man about town in Milan is going to be sporting this year. There is also a finite market for Villa shirts, at some point everyone who wants one will have one.

If they under produced based on those criteria then they are at fault but otherwise they are victims of their own success. It will be so like the Villa that next season they up production to match the demand from this year only to release a shirt that everybody hates.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1193 on: November 02, 2018, 12:58:24 PM »
I reckon a lot of the bother will be down to the financial unrest before the new owners took over.  If suppliers were worrying about getting paid then I would think that the normal chain as it was expected to work broke down somewhat, and they've been playing catch up ever since.  I got the two XL kits I wanted (to play five aside in) with no bother at all.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #1194 on: November 02, 2018, 01:51:56 PM »
Selling out initially when they didn't know how popular the shirts were going to be is fair enough.

Still selling out in November when they've got four months of experience of just how popular they are is simply incompetent.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #1195 on: November 02, 2018, 02:39:57 PM »
Absolute nonsense.

I worked in supply chain environments for 30 years. Forecasting was a major part of my remit. If I got it as wrong as the guys at Villa, and as often, I wouldn't have lasted 30 weeks.

I also work in a supply and demand industry of sorts, and more often than not things sell out. I know how niche my market it is though so I never go head first into making more as the interest may already be exhausted. The only people on this planet interested in the new Aston Villa kits are Aston Villa supporters i'd assume. So it's a bit different to most retail products surely? It's not like a pair of trainers that are suddenly all the rage is it?

Dunno how you can say they've got it wrong as everybody that wanted a shirt has either got one, or at the very least ordered one quite clearly.

As for the summer being the key sales time that's clearly not right either seeing as they've sold out yet again and we're in November.

Just enjoy the success of the revolutionary (?) new kit idea we had and the extra income it's generating at a time when it's needed most.

It's not often we get things right these days.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1196 on: November 02, 2018, 03:02:36 PM »
I think the new home shirts are popular as Villa supporter shirts, sadly we have to watch the first team turn out in them.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #1197 on: November 02, 2018, 06:28:05 PM »
The very fact that it is a limited market, and in this day and digital age a largely quantifiable one, that makes the situation laughable. It's certainly can not be used as an excuse for why we keep getting it wrong.

Anybody who has worked in supply chain would love such a known, captive, market with very limited variables.

Offline Hopadop

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #1198 on: November 02, 2018, 11:10:54 PM »
I’m excited they’ve got the old umbro away top back in stock. I reallly want one. But....what’s the verdict on the sizing? Normal football shirts, I’d be a large, but seen a few posts about maybe getting a M. Anyone know what’s what? I’m going to get a this season home shirt too, for good measure.

They’ve cracked it now Villa, with the old Le Coq stuff- very nice. I remember being gutted as a kid when they changed up the old European cup kit, but I now reckon looking back the 83/4 home and away effort from Le coq was bang up there too!

In a moment of rare giddiness i got the home and away Umbros. They are lovely as said.

I'm 6'3 and 16 stone of solid chub. The XL are ok, but maybe a bit long and loose. If I was ordering again I would indeed go a size down.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1199 on: November 03, 2018, 08:42:43 AM »
L and XL still out of stock!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal