collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New technical kit partnership announced - LUKE 1977 & Fanatics  (Read 212816 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: New technical kit partnership announced - LUKE 1977 & Fanatics
« Reply #870 on: July 30, 2018, 09:15:24 PM »
As long as the demand isn't from people wanting to buy it.

As both retail partner and kit manufacturer, Fanatics will operate a full vertical-manufacturing model, meaning the new kit, bearing the LUKE 1977 brand logo, will be managed by a single company from production to point-of-sale. This means fan merchandise enjoys faster speed-to-market in an increasingly on-demand world.

Offline kieron

« Reply #871 on: July 30, 2018, 09:23:43 PM »
Farce

Online Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #872 on: July 30, 2018, 09:32:14 PM »
My son ordered a small Home shirt on Saturday for supposed delivery Aug 31st. Been mailed today to say it has been dispatched.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #873 on: July 30, 2018, 09:34:33 PM »
Doesn't seem to matter who the manufacturer, supplier, designer, or owner might be. They have fucked it up for years.

They should be knocking 10% / £5 off.

Offline willenhall villa

« Reply #874 on: July 30, 2018, 10:10:02 PM »
I’m gobsmacked that we won’t have any shirts for sale for the entirety of the main summer month as well as our first 3 home games. We really are a fucking shitshow sometimes. Was going to drive down there tomorrow and pick a couple up for me and the lad. Absolute morons

The club has sold 8 weeks worth of stock in only two weeks. There is no way they could of seen that one coming. I’ll wait for mine and my lads. Fantastic after the summer we’ve had so far. Hope Luke Roper does our kit next season.

Offline wozwebs

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #875 on: July 30, 2018, 10:16:15 PM »
Went on first day and got son home, away and training shirts plus a polo for me knowing what previous seasons have been like. In fairness, up to 10 days ago we were heading to administration so you can’t blame them for not stocking thousands and thousands of shirts can you.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #876 on: July 30, 2018, 10:34:47 PM »
I don't know if its because it reminds me of the 83/84 kit when I was a kid  , but I get excited every time I see one of our players in it

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #877 on: July 30, 2018, 11:47:16 PM »
I’m gobsmacked that we won’t have any shirts for sale for the entirety of the main summer month as well as our first 3 home games. We really are a fucking shitshow sometimes. Was going to drive down there tomorrow and pick a couple up for me and the lad. Absolute morons

The club has sold 8 weeks worth of stock in only two weeks. There is no way they could of seen that one coming. I’ll wait for mine and my lads. Fantastic after the summer we’ve had so far. Hope Luke Roper does our kit next season.

Well, there is, they might have put in place an arrangement to get more stock in - lest we forget, the annual financial kit piss take happens at the same time every year - quickly if they needed it.

What is a constant of the last few years is the unavailability of kit right at the point - ie now - when people are most likely to want to buy it.

This was supposed to be something 'special' 'for the fans', they told us it was revolutionary, but 50 quid plus for a shirt and the inability to actually buy it when you really want it doesn't sound at all revolutionary, it sounds like what happens pretty much every summer.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #878 on: July 31, 2018, 09:33:36 AM »
Has anyone saw anything mentioned about the 3rd kit ? Crazy idea i know, and I agree if anyone says its just a rip off. But after the "success" of the home and away kits, interested to see what this will look like. Maybe a version of the away 83-84, white with yellow hoops, or a crazy version of the green and black stripes.

It might become a classic, similar to the yellow Brazil style, 3rd kit we used in the cup away at Liverpool.

We did have a 3rd kit when Randy first came, dark grey with claret shorts, dont think we ever wore that?

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #879 on: July 31, 2018, 09:56:48 AM »
I thought the 3rd kit was very similar to the black matchday training kit?

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #880 on: July 31, 2018, 10:25:18 AM »

You have had weeks to buy one of course. You can't be that gobsmacked

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #881 on: July 31, 2018, 11:15:59 AM »
I would think this is entirely to do with Fanatics (and maybe Luke) shitting themselves about getting paid, and therefore not supplying very many until they do.  Now that cash concerns are seemingly a thing of the past I bet the sweatshops are on lockdown.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #882 on: July 31, 2018, 11:16:03 AM »

Maybe they should have ordered some more? As Paulie said, this is an annual occurrence and one of the benefits of the deal was supposed to be that precisely this sort of cock-up wouldn't happen.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 11:55:20 AM by dave.woodhall »

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #883 on: July 31, 2018, 11:31:30 AM »
So the last action of Xia was to over promise on a kit "for the fans" which seems to provide zero benefits in comparison to any other new kit we've had and then run out of stock before August is here. And all this for a kit that actually doesn't really look like a Villa kit anyway.

Pretty much sums up Xia's time at the club really.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #884 on: July 31, 2018, 12:12:01 PM »

Maybe they should have ordered some more? As Paulie said, this is an annual occurrence and one of the benefits of the deal was supposed to be that precisely this sort of cock-up wouldn't happen.

It's also not really great business sense to say to a customer "well, you've had 3 weeks to buy one before now".  They're not kids who haven't done their homework over the school holidays.  A 3 week back log is pretty piss poor whichever way it's spun.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal