collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:08:44 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:23:42 AM]

International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 12:01:20 AM]

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Pat McMahon
[March 18, 2024, 11:47:36 PM]

Games Moved for TV by Percy McCarthy
[March 18, 2024, 11:00:20 PM]

Press-ing on by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle
[March 18, 2024, 10:48:26 PM]

Luton A by purpletrousers
[March 18, 2024, 10:24:29 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:08:44 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:23:42 AM]

Re: FFP by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:10:34 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:38:48 AM]

Re: International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 12:01:20 AM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Pat McMahon
[March 18, 2024, 11:47:36 PM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by olaftab
[March 18, 2024, 11:36:32 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New technical kit partnership announced - LUKE 1977 & Fanatics  (Read 210702 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: New technical kit partnership announced - LUKE 1977 & Fanatics
« Reply #735 on: July 15, 2018, 12:10:56 AM »
Well at least we’re not Wigan: 

What’s wrong with that kit? Looks ok to me.

It looks like a tube of toothpaste.

It's a shirt from when they were in the 3rd division in the 90s.

Apart from the sponsor logo it looks very nice.

Nothing wrong with the sponsors.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #736 on: July 15, 2018, 12:25:17 AM »
At least everyone knows where the fanzine money ends up now.

Offline frank black

« Reply #737 on: July 15, 2018, 09:40:37 AM »
From my straw poll consisting of my sons and their extensive instafacebookchat friends, all of whom are at kit buying age. This kit is sick, da bomb and dench.

So it should be a success commercially, fingers crossed.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #738 on: July 15, 2018, 09:55:35 AM »
It's more like a reminder than a sponsor.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #739 on: July 15, 2018, 10:59:53 AM »
From my straw poll consisting of my sons and their extensive instafacebookchat friends, all of whom are at kit buying age. This kit is sick, da bomb and dench.

So it should be a success commercially, fingers crossed.

Dench? As in Judi no doubt.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #740 on: July 15, 2018, 01:14:40 PM »
See also 'peng' in North London and 'fetch' in Mean Girls.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #741 on: July 16, 2018, 12:28:14 AM »
I think one of the issues here is that people are discussing matters of personal taste and preference as though they were matters of fact. I prefer a more traditional shirt with blue sleeves but I was talking to somebody yesterday who likes a bit of variety and thinks this one is great.

I am just hoping that we defy the odds next season and that in the future the shirt is remembered fondly as the one we wore when we got promoted.

Sure it's opinion but as Ive said elsewhere though Chris, for those who want "variety", there is the opportunity to do whatever you like with the away strip to cater for all tastes,  I really don't see the need to meddle with the traditional colours in the name of "variety".  Just a hunch but I'd hazard a guess that those not bothered by the blue sleeve thing are perhaps those who started supporting in the 80s or 90s when  mucking about with the kit had become common place.  That said there are those who get the hump when our away strip isn't plain white, and I've never seen the attachment to that.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #742 on: July 16, 2018, 12:06:55 PM »
I think one of the issues here is that people are discussing matters of personal taste and preference as though they were matters of fact. I prefer a more traditional shirt with blue sleeves but I was talking to somebody yesterday who likes a bit of variety and thinks this one is great.

I am just hoping that we defy the odds next season and that in the future the shirt is remembered fondly as the one we wore when we got promoted.

Sure it's opinion but as Ive said elsewhere though Chris, for those who want "variety", there is the opportunity to do whatever you like with the away strip to cater for all tastes,  I really don't see the need to meddle with the traditional colours in the name of "variety".  Just a hunch but I'd hazard a guess that those not bothered by the blue sleeve thing are perhaps those who started supporting in the 80s or 90s when  mucking about with the kit had become common place.  That said there are those who get the hump when our away strip isn't plain white, and I've never seen the attachment to that.

We haven't, it's claret and blue. If it was claret and green i could get behind your cause.

I was first introduced to Villa as a kid in the late 70's, with the classic Umbro kit. Count me as one of those who isn't bothered by the occasional tweak of the home shirt as long as it's in the correct colours.

I was more offended by not playing in claret for the last god knows how many seasons personally. At least we've sorted that.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #743 on: July 16, 2018, 12:54:54 PM »
Well at least we’re not Wigan: 

What’s wrong with that kit? Looks ok to me.

It looks like a tube of toothpaste.

It's a shirt from when they were in the 3rd division in the 90s.

Apart from the sponsor logo it looks very nice.

Nothing wrong with the sponsors.

It looks good retro feel to it.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #744 on: July 16, 2018, 02:19:42 PM »

We haven't, it's claret and blue. If it was claret and green i could get behind your cause.

I was first introduced to Villa as a kid in the late 70's, with the classic Umbro kit. Count me as one of those who isn't bothered by the occasional tweak of the home shirt as long as it's in the correct colours.

I was more offended by not playing in claret for the last god knows how many seasons personally. At least we've sorted that.

Yes we have.  Traditionally (well over 100 seasons) the sleeves are blue.  This one has hardly any blue worth mentioning.   

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #745 on: July 16, 2018, 02:43:27 PM »

Yes we have.  Traditionally (well over 100 seasons) the sleeves are blue.  This one has hardly any blue worth mentioning.

Apart from 1969-70, 1983 - 87, 1993 - 95 & 2001-02,

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #746 on: July 16, 2018, 03:01:09 PM »
I think this kit gets more right than it gets wrong personally, I would like the sleeves to be blue (or mostly blue) but given everything else about it I can accept that design choice and I understand why he made it.  The clues were in the video posted early on in this thread, he spoke about the kits he grew up with and how much he liked them and we got a modern version of one of them. I posted around the same time that he was a villa fan, he knows the club and what the fans want in a kit and that he'd only go against that if he had a good reason. It turns out his love of a retro kit from when he was a kid is his good reason.  I suspect he realised that and offset it by offering a more traditional (in a sense) away kit.

Overall I think he's done a decent job and across the range of everything I'd say it's the best stuff we come out with for a long time.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #747 on: July 16, 2018, 03:05:52 PM »
When will it be in the shop?  I can't see an on sale date on the online store? 

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #748 on: July 16, 2018, 04:59:46 PM »
When will it be in the shop?  I can't see an on sale date on the online store?

Orders were being posted out today, available in the club shop from Wednesday

Offline villabear

« Reply #749 on: July 16, 2018, 05:06:59 PM »
I'm too old to wear a replica shirt. Does anyone know if its it just kits and training wear he's designing or are there polo shirts etc?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal