collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 07:22:15 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:20:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:17:32 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 06:59:38 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Toronto Villa
[Today at 06:56:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:51:04 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:50:22 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New technical kit partnership announced - LUKE 1977 & Fanatics  (Read 211103 times)

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
Re: New technical kit partnership announced - LUKE 1977 & Fanatics
« Reply #705 on: July 12, 2018, 02:34:35 PM »
Bring back airtex
This! I loved my Umbro airtex shirt. My mum sewed a white no.8 on the back for me so I could pretend to be my hero.  Happy days :D

I had the white one :)

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #706 on: July 12, 2018, 02:36:13 PM »

That new claret track top is a thing of beauty

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #707 on: July 12, 2018, 08:54:53 PM »
It’s funny what some people have strong opinions about. I honestly give 0 shits about blue sleeves. I’ve had the last couple of home kits and only wear them to the game or round the house. I think I would be more likely to wear the new all claret shirt more. We’re not the only ones ditching tradition to make shirts more casual fashion wear, an example is the more traditional striped clubs such as Southampton, Newcastle, Juventus, Barca trying to get away from their standards stripes and mixing up frequency/width of stripes. The more fashionable a shirt is, I guess the more they sell. It’s the way of the world now

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #708 on: July 12, 2018, 08:59:08 PM »
There's an oft-quoted stat/urban myth that our best selling replica shirt ever was the striped one from the mid-90s.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #709 on: July 12, 2018, 09:09:05 PM »
Brexit, Trump, stripes. Never trust the public.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #710 on: July 12, 2018, 10:46:27 PM »
It’s funny what some people have strong opinions about. I honestly give 0 shits about blue sleeves. I’ve had the last couple of home kits and only wear them to the game or round the house. I think I would be more likely to wear the new all claret shirt more. We’re not the only ones ditching tradition to make shirts more casual fashion wear, an example is the more traditional striped clubs such as Southampton, Newcastle, Juventus, Barca trying to get away from their standards stripes and mixing up frequency/width of stripes. The more fashionable a shirt is, I guess the more they sell. It’s the way of the world now

They are still stripes though aren't they? Which is what they are all known for.  So I'm not sure how your comparison supports them ditching tradition, only that they are tweaking the traditional look.  I don't recall any of them switching to a solid single colour shirt, whereas we have switched to stripes at least twice and from blue sleeves a few times recently.   
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 10:49:44 PM by ktvillan »

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #711 on: July 12, 2018, 11:06:24 PM »

They are still stripes though aren't they? Which is what they are all known for.  So I'm not sure how your comparison supports them ditching tradition, only that they are tweaking the traditional look.  I don't recall any of them switching to a solid single colour shirt, whereas we have switched to stripes at least twice and from blue sleeves a few times recently.   

Southampton literally just had a home kit with no stripes last season.

I just don't see the point at all in being dogmatic about our sleeves. They'll be back. Change every now and then, temporarily, is fine. We have bigger concerns.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #712 on: July 12, 2018, 11:06:55 PM »

Barcelona have had a half and half shirt and hoops in recent years. And I have no idea what last years one was.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #713 on: July 13, 2018, 12:28:02 PM »

That new claret track top is a thing of beauty

I agree Sir.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #714 on: July 13, 2018, 12:34:44 PM »
There's an oft-quoted stat/urban myth that our best selling replica shirt ever was the striped one from the mid-90s.

And that one, along with it's green/black away cousin was a true abomination on every possible level IMHO

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #715 on: July 13, 2018, 01:18:47 PM »
I think one of the issues here is that people are discussing matters of personal taste and preference as though they were matters of fact. I prefer a more traditional shirt with blue sleeves but I was talking to somebody yesterday who likes a bit of variety and thinks this one is great.

I am just hoping that we defy the odds next season and that in the future the shirt is remembered fondly as the one we wore when we got promoted.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #716 on: July 13, 2018, 01:44:55 PM »

And that one, along with it's green/black away cousin was a true abomination on every possible level IMHO

I got my dates wrong. The one that's apparently our best seller was the 1999/2000 kit.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #717 on: July 13, 2018, 02:16:35 PM »
The 99/00 shirt may well have sold loads because we reached the Cup Final that year (although we didn't turn up for it), and I remember the club were flogging them by the boatload for a tenner in the run up to Wembley. 

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #718 on: July 13, 2018, 02:26:26 PM »

I got my dates wrong. The one that's apparently our best seller was the 1999/2000 kit.

ah right, not a bad one that. WAY better than that Asics monstrosity i was thinking of

Offline mshurst

« Reply #719 on: July 14, 2018, 08:50:44 AM »
Well at least we’re not Wigan: 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal