collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New technical kit partnership announced - LUKE 1977 & Fanatics  (Read 211107 times)

Offline AsTallAsLions

Re: New technical kit partnership announced - LUKE 1977 & Fanatics
« Reply #510 on: July 09, 2018, 11:03:14 AM »
I'm coming around to the home kit but still don't understand how a self-professed Villan would think claret sleeves would please the masses? Even a blue stripe as trim on the shoulders would have helped. Speaks a lot to the tone-deafness of the current regime IMO.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #511 on: July 09, 2018, 11:04:08 AM »

No. It's brilliant.

We're not all dead set on having blue sleeves after all. Just like i'm not dead set on having stripes or not having stripes. I don't see what's not to like personally.

But each to their own. Like any kit, or piece of clothing it's down to personal choice. I predict a big seller. Just as well.

There's a big difference between a Villa kit having or not having blue sleeves and the appearance or otherwise of stripes. We play in claret and blue. Part of the blue is traditionally the sleeves and I'm surprised that a designer whose chief selling points is that he's a Villa supporter didn't realise that.
Agree with Dave completely, just like the name of the ground being sacred so in my opinion are our colours and strip. How low do we have to go with this debacle. I though the designer being a Villa fan would have maintained the base design of our beloved strip and colours. It may as well have been designed by Henson.

ironically, the name of the ground is one thing I'm not that fussed over. I don't do rational.

M

No. It's brilliant.

We're not all dead set on having blue sleeves after all. Just like i'm not dead set on having stripes or not having stripes. I don't see what's not to like personally.

But each to their own. Like any kit, or piece of clothing it's down to personal choice. I predict a big seller. Just as well.

There's a big difference between a Villa kit having or not having blue sleeves and the appearance or otherwise of stripes. We play in claret and blue. Part of the blue is traditionally the sleeves and I'm surprised that a designer whose chief selling points is that he's a Villa supporter didn't realise that.
Agree with Dave completely, just like the name of the ground being sacred so in my opinion are our colours and strip. How low do we have to go with this debacle. I though the designer being a Villa fan would have maintained the base design of our beloved strip and colours. It may as well have been designed by Henson.
Each to their own but im surprised you are both so offended by the colour of the sleeves. there must have been 7 or 8 kits that haven't followed the claret body blue sleeve theme since the 80's, its nice to have a change rather than regurgitating the same thing year after year. I honestly think he's done a great job - Its a nod to the awesome le coq sportive kit from the past, traditional and modern at the same time, the claret is the right colour, really nice collar on it. Even the white away kit is on the money.
Gauging opinion on social media platforms, its is overwhelmingly positive as well which is a n achievement bearing in mind the mood around the club and fans at the moment.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 11:07:41 AM by mattjpa »

Offline liam

« Reply #512 on: July 09, 2018, 11:04:17 AM »
I like them both  - and now ive seen the full range of traning kit, quite like some of that stuff as well. I'm 46 so normally a training top and maybe shorts for running in is all I buy, but just txt my 2 teenage sons and they love both kits...so I guess thats the main demographic.

Its a kit, far more pressing matter as that moment, but the first positive since I walked out of Wembley at the end of May.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #513 on: July 09, 2018, 11:04:48 AM »
Yes to me it's the "Didier Six" shirt.

It would have looked really good with Blue sleeves and like Dave, I'm staggered that a Villa fan designer would have overlooked this basic foundation of the design, especially when he seems to have taken so much care over getting the claret right.

He's clearly taken inspiration from the 83 shirt, which is no bad thing by the way, hence the lack of blue sleeves.  Personally I like it.

Offline villabear

« Reply #514 on: July 09, 2018, 11:05:12 AM »
Home kit with blue sleeves would have been a classic. Shame but I think we’ve got a bit more to worry about that what the kit looks like.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #515 on: July 09, 2018, 11:05:28 AM »
Absolutely hate it! Meddling with the tradition of light blue sleeves is too controversial. I've said it before, why not do 4 or 5 mock-up designs and let the FANS vote for the shirt? As if things can't get any worse.....

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #516 on: July 09, 2018, 11:05:51 AM »
Maybe it’s just me and I’m over reacting but at a time when the clubs standing and stature as a footballing institution is at its lowest in 50 years I’d like to think there’s enough gumption around the joint to play it safe and go ultra traditional when it comes to the home kit.

It not hard but we’ve made a habit of making the simple hard and the hard impossible. 

Offline ian c.

• GM : 19.06.2024
« Reply #517 on: July 09, 2018, 11:06:22 AM »
Away kit looks good.

Home kit is a big NO from me.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #518 on: July 09, 2018, 11:06:43 AM »
Both kits look very smart. Not having claret sleeves for one season is nothing to get upset about. We never did in the 57 final, 94 or 2000 to name a few and they were all proper Villa shirts.

The 57 shirts were change strips. We had them as an away kit the next season, not a home kit. The 94 and 2000 shirts were abominations.

Hence why I said final. It’s all down to personal preference. I grew up with that 90s team so have fond memories of those strips. Those who are a bit older remember the early 80s and want to play in replicas of those shirts until the end of time.

I first attended a game in 1988, so the nineties provide my happiest memories, too.

I'd still rather we had stuck to our traditional design, as I consider it part of our identity. Arsenal won't be ditching their white sleeves. Celtic won't be playing in all green. AC Milan won't be trotting out in red and black hoops.

People may well think it's a nice shirt. Maybe it is. It isn't a Villa shirt, though.

Offline liam

« Reply #519 on: July 09, 2018, 11:08:24 AM »
Maybe it’s just me and I’m over reacting but at a time when the clubs standing and stature as a footballing institution is at its lowest in 50 years I’d like to think there’s enough gumption around the joint to play it safe and go ultra traditional when it comes to the home kit.

It not hard but we’ve made a habit of making the simple hard and the hard impossible. 

I assume the design and everything was done well before we ended up in this mess  - I guess they thought it would have premier league labels on the sleeves, and none of us would have cared at all.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #520 on: July 09, 2018, 11:08:27 AM »
Absolutely hate it! Meddling with the tradition of light blue sleeves is too controversial. I've said it before, why not do 4 or 5 mock-up designs and let the FANS vote for the shirt? As if things can't get any worse.....

Time and cost. You are entirely correct, it just would never wash with the businessmen at a time when we're trying to do everything as cheaply as possible.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #521 on: July 09, 2018, 11:10:57 AM »

Time and cost. You are entirely correct, it just would never wash with the businessmen at a time when we're trying to do everything as cheaply as possible.

We voted on the badge...

Online Three Spires Villa

« Reply #522 on: July 09, 2018, 11:11:31 AM »
Personally I quite like the home kit, would prefer blue sleeves but there you go. Away and the Goalkeepers kits are nice, overall I would give them a very strong 7/10

Online Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #523 on: July 09, 2018, 11:11:52 AM »
I appreciate the thought that has gone into this kit too:

From reading the official site,
-theres a silhouette of McGregor on the nape of the nack
-the collar is twelve stripes, a nod to the twelve original clubs
-they have obviously tried to get the claret colour right, kudos at the least for listening to fans and for trying to get it right (I think they have done).

I think it's quite a respectful kit, while at the same time trying something a bit different.

Offline VillaBoy_23

« Reply #524 on: July 09, 2018, 11:13:00 AM »
Both kits look very smart. Not having claret sleeves for one season is nothing to get upset about. We never did in the 57 final, 94 or 2000 to name a few and they were all proper Villa shirts.

The 57 shirts were change strips. We had them as an away kit the next season, not a home kit. The 94 and 2000 shirts were abominations.

Hence why I said final. It’s all down to personal preference. I grew up with that 90s team so have fond memories of those strips. Those who are a bit older remember the early 80s and want to play in replicas of those shirts until the end of time.

I first attended a game in 1988, so the nineties provide my happiest memories, too.

I'd still rather we had stuck to our traditional design, as I consider it part of our identity. Arsenal won't be ditching their white sleeves. Celtic won't be playing in all green. AC Milan won't be trotting out in red and black hoops.

People may well think it's a nice shirt. Maybe it is. It isn't a Villa shirt, though.

Don’t get me wrong if someone said we were ditching blue sleeves for the rest of time I’d be the first to moan. I don’t mind the design being changed up every now and again though. Not sure about Milan or Celtic but I seem to remember Arsenal messing with their design a few times. The last season at Highbury and the season we were going for 4th with them being two examples.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal